DePaul Postgame thread [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul Postgame thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stats. Hmmm, Ayanna had an offensive rebound and putback. ??

C3E6F4DE-310D-4348-9005-3970065EC885.jpeg

Reaction Score
Dorka played a hell of good game, especially with her bad ankle. Despite getting clobber in the face, Nika had 8 assist and much needed 3 pointers. Tough game, but they held on to win. I hope Lou feels better soon. I would like to see Dorka rested for the Xavier game, and would like to see more of Ines and Ayanna on the court.

Reaction Score
Is/was Lou ill? Geno just said she hadn't practiced for 3 days.
She wasn't just missing her shots, she looked slow in her movements, was getting beat on defense and a couple of times she was open on a backdoor cut, got the ball but seemed to have no lift to finish. That reverse layup near the end was critical though.

I thought she was having some knee issues and has been playing hurt for a few games now. At least that is the way it appears to me

Reaction Score
Muhl and Edwards played admirably down the stretch for the win. Nika was face guarded and seemingly three people in front of her the whole game but they did what was necessary when it counted. Great game to the whole team.

Reaction Score
Perhaps even more perplexing than the 18 turnovers was how DePaul, a team that plays only one kid as tall as 6'1" was able to block 7 UConn shots? We make 4 blocks, but DePaul blocks 7?

Tired legs? Just not got the spring anymore?
Our post players are taught not to fake; the minute they get the ball, drive and shoot. That's why Dorka—at 6-5—has shots blocked in every game.

Reaction Score
The good:
1. We won the rebound battle
2. We made 20 assists
3. Ayanna and Ines had good minutes
4. We won the game

What fell short:
1. 18 Turnovers
2. Getting the ball stolen
3. Getting shots blocked.

Team had barely sufficient energy. At times, they controlled the game. Other times, there were bad stretches too. Hopefully Caroline will keep getting better and Lou will recover from whatever has been bothering her. Look forward to Azzi being back for Senior Night or the first game of the tournament.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She wasn't just missing her shots, she looked slow in her movements, was getting beat on defense and a couple of times she was open on a backdoor cut, got the ball but seemed to have no lift to finish. That reverse layup near the end was critical though.

I thought she was having some knee issues and has been playing hurt for a few games now. At least that is the way it appears to me
More than a 'few" games. Her game is not fluid like t was earler this year. She's been going to rehab with other players who are hurt. Lots of pain in the legs and ankles. She's gotten clobbered more and more as the season has gone on. It's going to be very tough for her to play 3 days in a row. Really feel for her.

Reaction Score
First off, the team held on for a win. It has been a perplexing season. The tight games continue late into the fourth quarter. At this point, the question has to be asked. Is UConn overrated or does the Big East deserve credit for being an under appreciated, competitive conference?

Thankfully, the team showed the emotion that had decidedly been low-key in the last couple of games. Unfortunately, this team seems to be consistent in its inconsistency. A player will have a good individual game, followed by a subpar one.

Collectively, I feel the team has allowed doubt to creep in over the past 10 games. It happens to teams all the time. Some never recover and their season is essentially over. It won't happen to this team, but their margin of error has dwindled.

On high notes, it was great to Ines take an outside shot and make it. Hopefully, today was a huge confidence builder for Ayanna - the most productive minutes for her in a long time. Caroline, who never says no to a shot, looked much better after the St. John's game.

It looks like every game beginning in the Big East tourney to the Big Dance will be entertaining and close. It's been awhile since UConn entered the tournament and wasn't confidently penciled in to make the Final Four. This year, if they make it, it will have been earned.

Reaction Score
Good win on the road to basically sow up the BE title! Best 4th quarter in a long time. Nika was clutch down the stretch. This could be the break-out game for AP. She dominated with her physical strength on the boards. She also make a very important put-back in the 4th quarter to lead the comeback. CD moved better even though her shots didnt go in. She is getting closer. Lou & Dorka showed toughness even though they shouldnt have been playing in the 2nd half. This team is battle-tested. No one will want to play them especially if we can get Azzi, CD, Lou right in mid-March!

GG

Reaction Score
Our post players are taught not to fake; the minute they get the ball, drive and shoot. That's why Dorka—at 6-5—has shots blocked in every game.
Why are they taught not to fake? If memory serves me correctly, Barbara Turner used to be phenomenal at that move. She would fake and consistently get fouled.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The last few minutes we looked like UConn BB. We made plays. The problem is team chemistry and what I saw alot of was holding the ball over our heads and waiting for someone to get open usually down low then telegraphing the pass and of course it was stolen. To offset that we need to look down low then pass the ball to someone else if the player down low isnt open. Just keep moving the ball and moving ourselves looking to make passes and receive passes. To much holding the ball and trying to force it down low and again TELEGRAPHING passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom