DePaul Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DePaul Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Good first half and medicore 2nd half. Need to tighten up that D. How many games in a row have we gave up 40 plus in a half.

Reaction Score
Alleyne is not better overall and last year has nothing to do with current play.
He clearly plays hard but the decision making isn’t there. He forces every shot, there were 4 plays this game where he went head down into an immediate shot. I’d like to see Diarra maybe get some of those minutes since he brings similar defensive intensity while only giving up an inch

Reaction Score
Getting thumbs down for mild criticism of Andre? I expect more from a Junior captain who talks about NBA aspirations.

2 points, 5 fouls, 5 turnovers, yet another arrogant technical foul for trash talking while giving up 19 on 7-9 shooting to Javan Johnson.

I don't believe in ripping or belittling ANY college players ability level - but that was an embarrassing game from a player who is capable of so much more. I hope he is able to turn it around, because he looked like the guy who gave up 37 to Teddy Allen last year ending our season.

Reaction Score
Alleyne is better overall...played well at a higher level last year. The next 2 months you play the best players. Joey will gets mins but not major.

Alleyne is shooting 33%, 27% from the arc. And he is taking bad shots early in the shot clock. It's like he has no basketball IQ at all. He dribbles into traffic where there is nothing. His threes are so off target they lead to opponent run outs.

His defense is okay at best. And he is a foul machine.

He really needs to slow down. Let the game come to him and get under control.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
At halftime they showed Mark Armstrong from nova. Is he related to Hilton?

Reaction Score
Alleyne is shooting 33%, 27% from the arc. And he is taking bad shots early in the shot clock. It's like he has no basketball IQ at all. He dribbles into traffic where there is nothing. His threes are so off target they lead to opponent run outs.

His defense is okay at best. And he is a foul machine.

He really needs to slow down. Let the game come to him and get under control
I think it's more important for Alleyne to get mins over Joey...that was my point. They both are not getting starter mins but when rotation tightens I prefer Alleyne.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Getting thumbs down for mild criticism of Andre? I expect more from a Junior captain who talks about NBA aspirations.

2 points, 5 fouls, 5 turnovers, yet another arrogant technical foul for trash talking while giving up 19 on 7-9 shooting to Javan Johnson.

I don't believe in ripping or belittling ANY college players ability level - but that was an embarrassing game from a player who is capable of so much more. I hope he is able to turn it around, because he looked like the guy who gave up 37 to Teddy Allen last year ending our season.
Agreed. Nothing wrong about pointing out the obvious. You’re not ripping his character. He represents himself and the school well

Don’t forget, Allen then stunk it up the following game. A reoccurring theme with UCONN over the years

Reaction Score

The kid is a junior. It's about time that he learned to not jump through the roof of the gym biting on every pump fake. It's also about time he learned to consistently think before passing. Doesn't matter if you've got Pistol Pete court vision (allegedly) if you don't use it.

Reaction Score
I think it's more important for Alleyne to get mins over Joey...that was my point. They both are not getting starter mins but when rotation tightens I prefer Alleyne.
I feel like thats a prime position for Diarra to see more minutes, especially with Newton tightening his grip on the PG spot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He’ll be gone after this year unfortunately
Yeah. Although he could be a lottery pick next year but agreed. I think he goes and hopefully first round.

Reaction Score
Defense still has to improve. 76 to DePaul is gross. Thank goodness Clingan got us a spurt and big lead in the first
While I don’t completely disagree…they shot 45% from 3. Some were poor rotations from us, but some were just shots.

I think to your point the biggest concern that I have is how many fouls we commit. Good teams getting to the bonus at the 10 minute mark is a death wish. If we tighten that up I think the defense will look better by nature.

Reaction Score
More Hawk, More Newton, less, less, less Jackson.

Never seen a guy I’ve seen sagged off by 10 feet still struggle to score.

Defense not very good anymore.

It’s time DH.
Truly remarkable anyone could dislike this The guy has just been dreadful. Feel bad for him if you want, but he doesn’t deserve near the minutes he is getting.

Reaction Score

He deserves way more than mild criticism.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
While I don’t completely disagree…they shot 45% from 3. Some were poor rotations from us, but some were just shots.

I think to your point the biggest concern that I have is how many fouls we commit. Good teams getting to the bonus at the 10 minute mark is a death wish. If we tighten that up I think the defense will look better by nature.
DePaul shoots surprisingly well from deep.

Fouls need to go down, although I think when we go into the NCAA’s that style of play/referring benefits us.

Reaction Score
Glad to get the win. Dan has to tighten up the rotation. I would start Alleyne over Jackson. Gives us proper defensive looks early instead of playing junk d on Jackson. We need to take the next step in big east play and string some wins together.

Reaction Score
I must be going crazy but I could’ve sworn the “3” DePaul hit to make it 59-42 was a two, and the ref called it as such, yet it was never corrected and never mentioned.

I was ready to file a formal petition with the league if we lost by one.

Maybe I am going crazy.
I wonder if they did review it during a commercial break and confirmed it which is why it was never mentioned. It was definitely a 3 though

CCF24F79-60D2-47A4-ACF6-163B036F32C4.jpeg

Reaction Score
For an imperfect and still growing team, this was a satisfying road win. Hawk will be an AA candidate next year. This road win could be the start of something (again).
Hawk might not be here next year. If he keeps this projectory he is going to NBA like my thread at the start of the year mentioned. He is just too talented to no go now if he keeps this up for the rest of the year. His shot would be in such demand in today's NBA game.

Reaction Score

Andre is what he is. A great athlete who can dribble the ball and pass but has no resemblance of any offensive game. I still think he needs to be closer to the basket for some post moves. His shots even his ugly floaters have no touch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom