DePaul Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
For an imperfect and still growing team, this was a satisfying road win. Hawk will be an AA candidate next year. This road win could be the start of something (again).
I don’t think Hawk will be here next year

Reaction Score
Certain folks will say the double-bigs was the key to the game. ;)

I liked that they got quite a bit of run with it. Some good, some bad came out of it. It’s clearly not “the answer”

Liked Samsons minutes.

Love Hawks & Newtons trajectories!!!

Wish Sanogo could dunk but strong effort from him

Alleyne brought good D but is just pressing too hard to get his offense going. Relax, my dude!

Reaction Score
Team is still flawed, but wins should build confidence which is good

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Solid win on the road against a team that was really hot from outside. Shouldn’t have been as close as it was.

• Newton being agressive is huge. Draws fouls, makes big shots.
  • Hawk attacking the rim gives him more space to shoot, makes him much harder to guard
  • Sanogo putting it on the floor and catching on pick and roll limits the double teams we see on entry passes.
  • Alleyne plays good D and mostly makes good decisions

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hope rotation is now tightening like tonight...need to get Newton & Hawk used to playing 32+ mins and Diarra / Joey will get spot 4 mins a half at most.

This would be the stupidest idea in UConn coaching history. You want your starters coming into the postseason fresh, not worn out. NO PLAYER should average more than 30 mpg the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
This would be the stupidest idea in UConn coaching history. You want your starters coming into the postseason fresh, not worn out. NO PLAYER should average more than 30 mpg the rest of the season.
They place twice a week..they can handle over 30 mins. Dear Lord...you play the best players. Nobody has a 10 man rotation this time of year.

Reaction Score
Better I don't say anything about Andre..... yikes. Embarrassing.
You can start with the fact that he had 4 assists and 8 rebounds…how about that??

Basketball is more than just scoring. I don’t understand you guys. We knew what we were getting with Andre. It’s just about utilizing his talents sufficiently. They did that in this game.

Reaction Score
Lots to like about tonight’s game after the mini-bye. Hawk flying around, newton back to back 20 point games, and the 2 bigs for an extended period. But most of all, DH! Impressed with his approach and changes. Well done
Yea he must be taking clues from boneyarders. LOL

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Alleyne is better overall...played well at a higher level last year. The next 2 months you play the best players. Joey will gets mins but not major.
Alleyne is not better overall and last year has nothing to do with current play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom