OT: - DePaul goes down big | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: DePaul goes down big

Reaction Score
I just feel like Morrow's skills changes everything and doesn't fit with the recent version of DePaul ball and then that leaves the rest of the team unsure of what to do within the flow of the offense. I think Doug needs to clearly reconcile Morrow with his style of offense next year or I see them struggling again.

sun

Reaction Score
I credit Dayton's defense. They may be trouble for Georgia.
I agree that Dayton can take down Georgia if they play as well as they did against DePaul, and I hope they do.
Georgia's Mikayla Coombs played at UConn for 2 years.
IMO Dayton would make a good addition to the Big East but that's just wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
Dayton’s Coach Shauna Green will be on the short list of candidates for a few P5 schools. This is her 6th year at Dayton and she’s been to the post season every year including 4 NCAA Tournaments. The Woman can coach and recruit.

Virginia would do well to hire her- eh @Dillon77 ?
I'm hoping Ray Anderson has her on a must interview list to replace CTT here in Tempe.

While I'm still reeling from her retirement this is an opportunity for the Sun Devils to make important move for the future.

Not to wish Dayton any ill but I certainly hope she becomes available sooner than later for interview.

Reaction Score
Terrible job! I'd judge my own coaching performance that way too. Team did not beat anybody, they lost games they shouldn't have and they did not improve as the season progressed. The big 3.
2 points: 1- you can't run and gun if you don't play defense. All DePaul does is pull the ball out of the nets. Even, Paul Westhead's system was predicated on relentless full-court defense. 2- you can't have an outside game without an inside game. So, Morrow and other inside players are essential to DePaul's success. For one reason, you can't run if you can't rebound.
I actually wonder if Bruno's time at DePaul has past. Obviously a good coach. Risk-taker and innovator. Helped make DePaul a factor. Try it somewhere else?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Terrible job! I'd judge my own coaching performance that way too. Team did not beat anybody, they lost games they shouldn't have and they did not improve as the season progressed. The big 3.
2 points: 1- you can't run and gun if you don't play defense. All DePaul does is pull the ball out of the nets. Even, Paul Westhead's system was predicated on relentless full-court defense. 2- you can't have an outside game without an inside game. So, Morrow and other inside players are essential to DePaul's success. For one reason, you can't run if you can't rebound.
I actually wonder if Bruno's time at DePaul has past. Obviously a good coach. Risk-taker and innovator. Helped make DePaul a factor. Try it somewhere else?
There was some talk about Doug Bruno retiring after this season. He is 71 years old and was just named to the WBB HOF. Right now, it looks like he’ll be back next season. But retirement is a distinct possibility.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agreed. Bruno's job for the next 3 years is to surrender her with smart players that can shoot, play defense and make adjustments on the fly.

I’m not a DePaul or Morrow fan. Just an interested observer from afar. I will be watching her for the next 3 years out of curiosity.
Correction..............Bruno's job the next 3 years is to SURROUND her with smart players........
The auto correct on my cell phone was working real good that day, even though "surrender" was not the word I typed or meant to use. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Correction..............Bruno's job the next 3 years is to SURROUND her with smart players........
The auto correct on my cell phone was working real good that day, even though "surrender" was not the word I typed or meant to use. :confused:

If by smart, you mean their brains give them extra height. But they got to figure out how to play some defense

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If by smart, you mean their brains give them extra height. But they got to figure out how to play some defense
By “smart”, I meant players that are not just on the floor, but players that are totally in in game. Players that always play with a sense of urgency. There are players that in your opinion were thinkers while on the court.

I remember recently that a point guard for a D1 wcbb team told her coach during a time out that the team on the floor WAS NOT running the offense. She then told the coach that she wanted to take over the game because what they were doing wasn't working.

The coach said ok. Her team pulled out a win in the last 30 seconds of the game. She was interviewed after the game. She related that conversation between her an the coach.

That's where I got this information. You’ve been watching basketball long enough to know what I’m talking about. Players have various degrees of BB IQ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom