OT: - DePaul goes down big | The Boneyard

OT: DePaul goes down big

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
half way through the third Dayton was shoot 72% on 3s and had made 12 - just blistering DePaul. Not unlike that first half against Uconn in Albany!

DePaul tends to be boom/bust based on shooting as their defense is always suspect - this was definitely a boom for Dayton and a bust for Depaul

Reaction Score
Earlier when they lost to UConn by two I said DePaul would be a tough team for whoever drew them in the NCAAT…guess I was wrong…

Dayton lit it up from 3 (13-23) and also had 15 blocks so seems like they were locked in on both ends.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I did not see this coming, especially how they played us earlier in the season, albeit with our short bench. Announcers mentioned that they were missing players however I didn't hear who/why as we picked up this game a bit late. Morrow looked frustrated quite a bit and didn't make it down the floor after a turnover, which was surprising.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Didn’t DePaul give up 105 points to Marquette in it’s BET quarterfinal loss? Marquette was the better team at the end of the season but DePaul had its win over Kentucky and the likely FOY Morrow.

Reaction Score
Comparing scores means nothing…each game is different….matchups can be at odds with certain teams.
I believe in the process ….I believe in UCONN tradition and consistency and yes, UCONN is UCONN and we have THE KID and no one else does….

Reaction Score
I missed the game. The box score indicates that Morrow piled up an impressive double double while the rest of the team watched. No other blue demon hit double figures in any statistic.

Reaction Score
Did not represent the BE well. Another embarrassment was the first game. How many teams can win while shooting 20% from the field? I guess it was the team with 20 plus offensive rebounds. Hard to watch

Reaction Score
Perhaps Doug should rethink his coaching style/philosophy and concentrate on defense more. IMO, current run and gun offense has run it's course, works ok If shooters are on but when they're not a good defense should be able to at least keep you in games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Perhaps Doug should rethink his coaching style/philosophy and concentrate on defense more. IMO, current run and gun offense has run it's course, works ok If shooters are on but when they're not a good defense should be able to at least keep you in games.
Exactly. Watching DePaul for several years now, it almost seems like they are so anxious to get on offense that they play defense for 10-15 seconds and then lose interest.

One additional point. Dayton is a good team. Georgia will have their hands full against the Flyers.

Reaction Score
I did not see this coming, especially how they played us earlier in the season, albeit with our short bench. Announcers mentioned that they were missing players however I didn't hear who/why as we picked up this game a bit late. Morrow looked frustrated quite a bit and didn't make it down the floor after a turnover, which was surprising.
Wasn't Morrow a second team all American, just announced???

Reaction Score
It was a beat down ….they lost 88 to 57.
It is March …win or go home….thread slowly….one game at a time

Dayton clearly took its foot off the pedal in the second half, after scoring 55 in the first. Real bad.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Dayton’s Coach Shauna Green will be on the short list of candidates for a few P5 schools. This is her 6th year at Dayton and she’s been to the post season every year including 4 NCAA Tournaments. The Woman can coach and recruit.

Virginia would do well to hire her- eh @Dillon77 ?

Reaction Score
I watched most of the game. No, DePaul did not show well and did not represent the Big East well at all, although Dayton did play just about a perfect game. If they can continue to play at that level they will be a tough out for their opponents moving forward

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Exactly. Watching DePaul for several years now, it almost seems like they are so anxious to get on offense that they play defense for 10-15 seconds and then lose interest.

One additional point. Dayton is a good team. Georgia will have their hands full against the Flyers.
Out of curiosity, has Doug Bruno's coaching style always been leaning towards 3pt shooting and quick offensive dominant play count, etc. Did he in the past have strong defensive teams?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, has Doug Bruno's coaching style always been leaning towards 3pt shooting and quick offensive dominant play count, etc. Did he in the past have strong defensive teams?
Good question that I can’t answer. What I can say is that Bruno was one of the very first coaches to wholly embrace the idea of spreading the floor and firing away from behind the arc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom