Depaul Game Postponed! [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Depaul Game Postponed! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are aware that she was here previously from 1999-2004, when the Connecticut women won five national championships, the men won two, and men's soccer won one?

Andrea Hudy bio
Wasn’t that also the period of time Shea Ralph suffered 3 ACL tears, Sue Bird had a season ending ACL tear, and Abrosimova had a season ending knee injury? Definitely a very injury heavy period in UConn Women’s basketball history.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You are aware that she was here previously from 1999-2004, when the Connecticut women won five national championships, the men won two, and men's soccer won one?

Andrea Hudy bio
Wait 1999-2004? Didn’t Shea tear her ACL and didSvet also have season ending injuries, plus didn’t Sue Bird miss the end of her freshman year? Wow, so THIS IS all Andrea‘s fault! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yes, maybe they need classes in the proper technique for crashing into chairs, as well
They should have removed the empty chairs. They are a huge hazard so close to the court. I realize that they are often tied together, which makes it even worse.

Reaction Score
Maybe there is a silver lining in this giving the Team members who are injured a time to rest and heal and the remaining players not yet affected a time to rest. Perhaps they will come back stronger than ever, a little rusty, but better.

Reaction Score
Been following/directly involved with basketball on all levels as a player, coach, scout and all around junkie for over 60 years and this run of ”bad luck” or whatever it should be labeled is unlike anything I can remember.
No one or thing to blame obviously but anyone who has played knows the constant in and out of players and even coaches is a very tough environment to compete in; teams practice and play striving to build a level of consistency, that which coachspeak identifies as “knowing what you are going to get“ from players individually and in groupings game to game; that is virtually impossible under the Uconn circumstances this year.
IMO, worth saying kudos and high praise to this team from coaches on down to have hung together as tough as they have. To have reached this point is undoubtedly hard on all of them, now not playing and wondering where all this is going. There is obviously no choice but to wait and see but I caution anyone who thinks this a blessing in disguise, players need to settle into routines over the course of a season and getting into the regular conference schedule is very much a cornerstone of cementing those routines.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone in another thread posted that UConn might have to give up an OOC game to fit in a reschedule of the DePaul game. Geez, there's only 2 left. I would be angry with UConn had to give up the Tenn game, but I would be freaking cuckoo if it was the SCar game. TV (ESPN and FOX) will have something to say about that. We know what money does, it talks.

Reaction Score
Someone in another thread posted that UConn might have to give up an OOC game to fit in a reschedule of the DePaul game. Geez, there's only 2 left. I would be angry with UConn had to give up the Tenn game, but I would be freaking cuckoo if it was the SCar game. TV (ESPN and FOX) will have something to say about that. We know what money does, it talks.
Wasn't the UConn @ South Carolina game last January cancelled as well?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wasn’t that also the period of time Shea Ralph suffered 3 ACL tears, Sue Bird had a season ending ACL tear, and Abrosimova had a season ending knee injury? Definitely a very injury heavy period in UConn Women’s basketball history.
How was Hurdy supposed to correct Shea’s being pigeon-toed?

Sue tore her ACL in 2019 while playing for the Seattle Storm. Is that Andrea’s fault, too?

Svet tore a ligament in her left foot; she didn’t suffer a knee injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, that was because UConn already played S.C. in the Paradise Jam tournament, so it would have been the second game in the same season. There is only one game scheduled this year between the schools. More likely, it will be rescheduled on a mutual day off without back-to-back games.

Wrong…. Dawn canceled because she needed another SEC game or she wouldn’t have played enough in conference games

Reaction Score
Wasn't the UConn @ South Carolina game last January cancelled as well?
Yes.
UConn Huskies, South Carolina Gamecocks cancel women's basketball showdown

"Dawn Staley reached out to me about postponing the series for this season," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said in a statement. "It's a priority for South Carolina to make up SEC games, so this is the best decision for them right now. We know a lot of fans were excited for this game, but we look forward to continuing the series with South Carolina in future seasons."

Reaction Score
From what I see, one of the most logical date to make up the game would be Monday, January 23. UConn and DePaul both play on 1/21. UConn is home on 1/21 so quick turnaround no big deal and don't play TN until 1/26. DePaul has a gap between 1/21 and 1/28 so it would work for them, too.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
if you have injuries or illnesses that cause the problem, there's no penalty. During the first year of the pandemic, the policy was modified to encourage caution. At that time, if covid was the cause of the cancellation, it resulted in a forfeit. But I think that policy was changed the following year, if not sooner
There is a lot of flu, RSV and Covid going around. Hospitals are fulling up with sick people. Give it a break with the conspiracy theories, The kids (young women) are injured or sick. No mystery - just not enough healthy players to safely have a game. This too, will pass.

The Notre Dame - Lafayette game set for December 2022 was postponed due to an outbreak of Covid among the Lafayette players. The game has not been made up and probably won't be now that both teams are into their respective conference schedules.

Best of luck to the UConn individuals and collective team. I still remember what shoe would drop during the 2017-18 season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, maybe they need classes in the proper technique for crashing into chairs, as well
Perhaps we could bring in some pro wrestlers to work with them?

Reaction Score

Sue tore her ACL in 2019 while playing for the Seattle Storm. Is that Andrea’s fault, too?

I’m not a strength and conditioning coach so idk but having the two runs of incredible season ending injuries to your best players decades apart being managed by the same person is … odd. Especially since the same thing was happening in Texas before she came here.

Reaction Score
UConn below minimum players available

1673103308453.jpeg

Reaction Score
With many teams having reduced rosters due to injuries perhaps the NCAA could allow teams to play 3 on 3 games.

Reaction Score

It had to have been someone’s fault! That’s the whole point behind conspiracies. Geno and CD were there too, right behind the grassy knoll.

Reaction Score
If Tennessee is the game they cancel (most likely due to schedule), this may be a big blow to UConn's chances for a 1-seed. Tennessee would have been a nice out of conference win on their resume. Frankly, I just don't see UCONN beating SC. They would be big underdogs.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
It had to have been someone’s fault! That’s the whole point behind conspiracies. Geno and CD were there too, right behind the grassy knoll.
it is obviously god's fault. where's the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom