Depaul Game Postponed! [merged] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Depaul Game Postponed! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think there is a good chance of the South Carolina being cancelled just as SC cancelled UConn to resched a conference game.
I agree. Conference games have to be rescheduled without overworking the teams. Dawn cited the importance of rescheduling her necessary conference games first. I agree with that. Geno's schedule has been brutal this year with NO rest in between games. I'll be surprised if the play at St. Johns Wednesday. Lou appeared sick after the game yesterday.
No, after looking at the rules, this is a Big East thing to cancel if you don't have enough qualified players. Had this been a non-conference game there's a chance UConn would have to play with six or forfeit.
Dawn didn't forfeit last year when she cancelled her game with us..

Reaction Score
There is a lot of flu, RSV and Covid going around. Hospitals are fulling up with sick people. Give it a break with the conspiracy theories, The kids (young women) are injured or sick. No mystery - just not enough healthy players to safely have a game. This too, will pass.

Reaction Score
I agree. Conference games have to be rescheduled without overworking the teams. Dawn cited the importance of rescheduling her necessary conference games first. I agree with that. Geno's schedule has been brutal this year with NO rest in between games. I'll be surprised if the play at St. Johns Wednesday. Lou appeared sick after the game yesterday.

Dawn didn't forfeit last year when she cancelled her game with us..
Dawn didn't cancel that game, the SEC did.

Reaction Score
Uconn's woes are rubbing off on me. I have been a loyal Uconn fan since 2013 and with 2 more players down I'm in shock therapy . Can't sleep, cant think straight and lost my appetite. It is so overwhelming what's happening to Uconn, I really feel for geno and CD. I pray every day that this will go away and do not understand why it keeps happening. I bless the whole team and Geno and CD with a rapid recovery and getting back in being healthy. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I am in the camp where I just want the players and coaching staff to get better. Glad that they postponed the game until a later date. Just rest and get better. Games can be rescheduled or called off. Rest and get better.

Go, UConn!!

Reaction Score
All the injuries are different. Heads, noses, feet, knees, thumbs and what we saw of Lou on the bench…even the sniffles. We need to 86 all these high paid weight trainers, strength conditioners, performance directors and bring in a Swami. These players need a mental cleansing. They are thinking themselves on to the injured list.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
58C94556-892D-44A5-A447-E8029B239716.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's time for Spring Break at UConn! The team is running on fumes
Yes, maybe they need classes in the proper technique for crashing into chairs, as well
I blame Chris Daily"s coaching methods for these injuries. This would not happen under Geno's watch.

Reaction Score
Dawn didn't cancel that game, the SEC did.
I beg to differ. UConn Huskies, South Carolina Gamecocks cancel women's basketball showdown

"Dawn Staley reached out to me about postponing the series for this season," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said in a statement. "It's a priority for South Carolina to make up SEC games, so this is the best decision for them right now. We know a lot of fans were excited for this game, but we look forward to continuing the series with South Carolina in future seasons."

Reaction Score
I think there is a good chance of the South Carolina being cancelled just as SC cancelled UConn to resched a conference game.
No, that was because UConn already played S.C. in the Paradise Jam tournament, so it would have been the second game in the same season. There is only one game scheduled this year between the schools. More likely, it will be rescheduled on a mutual day off without back-to-back games.

Reaction Score
Doubtful as DePaul has a game the day before and and what would be the day after. More likely they cancel the Tennessean game as it falls during DePauls week off.

Reaction Score
I heard on the 6pm news that the UCONN vs DePaul gamed was postponed because UCONN didn't have 7 SCHOLARSHIP players available for the Sunday game vs DePaul!
Edwards ankle, Patterson injury, + Azzie & Caroline Ducharme, injuries cut the number available to 6 which is one under the limit required to field a team!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I feel so bad for the UCONN program!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
no coach and now not enough players.........what's next? I hear two of the trumpet players in the band are out with finger injuries........:rolleyes:
Time heals all wounds. Let's hope that these 5 days are enough to mend the hurts, pulls, strains and boo boos that have our kids by the ear. How nice would it be for ALL of them to be well and ready to report for duty come Wednesday? Oh yeah, it would be nice to have our coach back too. Something grabed him by the crotch and hasn't let go. :confused: Get well Geno.

Reaction Score
Do the women's and men's teams cross paths when they have practices? What is the chance that Covid could spread to the men's team, if Covid is indeed a factor with the women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom