Deon Sanders | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deon Sanders

Reaction Score
Are you comparing him to Rick Pitino?
Nope. Pitino and Calipari stay in their spots longer than Deion. My prediction is he is in the NFL in the next three years and out of coaching 3-4 years after that.

Reaction Score
I’m a CU grad, football season ticket holder and obviously an enormous Husky fan too. I just got from Boulder and the Prime effect is very real. Besides being 2-0 against decent teams it’s hard to understate the economic impact. The game was a rare sellout (at least in the last ten years) and the bars, restaurants and hotels were packed.

Believe me I’m apprehensive of Prime staying after his sons graduate but I have to enjoy this as long as possible especially after 20 miserable years.

Reaction Score
Wasn't he heavily favored?
Probably, but the fact of this accomplishment that makes him the GOAT of men's professional tennis is the point.

Also, his winning the tie-break in the 1.75 hour 2nd set was something to behold. Had he lost that, all bets were off if he could go the distance of a 4 or 5 set match.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's an entertaining story and typical of the "flash" that PrimeTime has shown his entire life. That said, it's not a sustainable system or program. He's a snake oil salesman. He rolls into town, sells his show, gets everyone excited then moves onto the next town. Enjoy the ride here though. Wu Tang Clan on the sidelines in the home opener? T.O. on the sidelines? It's only getting bigger from here this season.

He was a bust as a baseball player and not much better as a football player (wont call him a bust at that though, maybe just not worthy of the hype?) but he is a primetime self marketer, and Im seriously when I say that counts as something.

Reaction Score
He was a bust as a baseball player and not much better as a football player (wont call him a bust at that though, maybe just not worthy of the hype?) but he is a primetime self marketer, and Im seriously when I say that counts as something.
During his NFL career, he was an 8x all-pro, won a DPOY and 2 Superbowls. What more could the guy do?

Reaction Score
I don't know. He's pretty widely recognized as one of the best corners of all time, if not the best.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't know. He's pretty widely recognized as one of the best corners of all time, if not the best.

He was a great corner, Id grant that. Maybe I overstated, I was thinking about his hype machine forays into every other spot on the field.

Reaction Score
What???

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

In 1992 he batted over .300 for the year and led the NL in Triples. Batted over .500 in the World Series too and still made a pro bowl that year after missing the first 4 games of the season.

He's probably the best two sport athlete ever.

Reaction Score
In 1992 he batted over .300 for the year and led the NL in Triples. Batted over .500 in the World Series too and still made a pro bowl that year after missing the first 4 games of the season.

He's probably the best two sport athlete ever.

Bo Jackson would like a word with you. It's too bad injuries robbed him of a longer career.

ESPN's Sport Science named former Auburn Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson the Greatest Athlete of All Time on Sunday, beating out former Cleveland Browns running back Jim Brown in the finals of a 16-athlete bracket chosen by fan vote.

Famous for playing at an All-Star caliber level as both an outfielder for the Kansas City Royals and running back for the Oakland Raiders, Jackson's multi-sport skills fit well in Sport Science's formula.

Reaction Score
Can’t stand the guy’s schtick but for all his self-promotion he delivers the goods. So, good on him.

Reaction Score
IMG_1930.gif

Reaction Score
Nope. Pitino and Calipari stay in their spots longer than Deion. My prediction is he is in the NFL in the next three years and out of coaching 3-4 years after that.
Winning at every stop. What more can you ask for, really?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bo Jackson would like a word with you. It's too bad injuries robbed him of a longer career.

ESPN's Sport Science named former Auburn Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson the Greatest Athlete of All Time on Sunday, beating out former Cleveland Browns running back Jim Brown in the finals of a 16-athlete bracket chosen by fan vote.

Famous for playing at an All-Star caliber level as both an outfielder for the Kansas City Royals and running back for the Oakland Raiders, Jackson's multi-sport skills fit well in Sport Science's formula.

Sheesh I didn't know Bo made the All Star team.

Crazy how many guys really played both baseball and another sport back in the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom