Decommitments | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Decommitments

Reaction Score
Ah yes. Stuff like this can go on forever without interference from the FBI and not ruin college basketball, but if they get sliver of the 20 billion dollar pie, well that will ruin college basketball forever.

They got $5k in the last couple years. Schools like UConn are already $30m in the red and looking at a state slashing. Let the boosters and everyone pay up, and you'll see a handful of good teams, at best, while the public has to then decide if they even want to watch a poor man's G-league. The luster will be gone.

Reaction Score
We should be extremely careful recruiting any of the decommits as there's a real chance they could be ineligible.

I'll still be watching what we do and hoping some 4/5 star kid ends up at UConn :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since my point has already been proven, I have no desire to expend the time or energy to dig up the minutiae of each number. Feel free to do it on your own if it means that much to you (which I am pretty sure it doesn't). Like I said... on most every other point, and particularly the point of ethics, you would have to say that we beat Louisville by any objective measure quite handily. Ahhhh, if that were only the most important point though.

And to get this back inline with the original point of this thread...

Here is to hoping that V.J. King decides to de-commit from that scummy program and become a Husky for a year... or two (like he should have done before $$$ came his way)!
If you actually thought about the questions, you'd realize that none of the points you made actually result in income to the ACC. None of those things can be used to support your statement that Louisville made the ACC much more money that UConn would have.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If you actually thought about the questions, you'd realize that none of the points you made actually result in income to the ACC. None of those things can be used to support your statement that Louisville made the ACC much more money that UConn would have.
Probably only Bowl games added to the ACC coffers. And now that's probably enough of this.

Reaction Score
That won't stop a thing.
It would take away the desperation factor and help quite a bit but graft will never totally disappear. If the FBI ever investigates football it would make the basketball investigation insignificant.
Payoffs have been going on a long time. I knew a man who played football at Florida in the 50's and he was getting $125 week back then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom