Decommitments | The Boneyard

Decommitments

Reaction Score
Might as well keep these all in one place as the news unfolds.

First one I've seen is EJ Montgomery class of 2018 has decommitted from Auburn. #31 recruit per ESPN

Reaction Score
Saw a deleted picture that Nasir Little put up saying he's opening up his recruitment again but i haven't seen it anywhere else.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This might end 1 and done because why would the NBA want these guys going overseas for a year not playing basketball.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The FBI neeeded to do theses things over the summer. A lot of kids are jammed up now. For example Enoch wasn't gonna play this season anyway but he should be able to transfer next semester.

Reaction Score
The FBI neeeded to do theses things over the summer. A lot of kids are jammed up now. For example Enoch wasn't gonna play this season anyway but he should be able to transfer next semester.
Every eligible player will be able to transfer freely when they get the death penalty. Or if they miss the tournament for all of their remaining eligibility.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Every eligible player will be able to transfer freely when they get the death penalty. Or if they miss the tournament for all of their remaining eligibility.
So they have that going for themselves...well thats nice.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder how amazing Shabazz Napier was to stay and cement himself as our greatest achiever in the NCAAs! Boatshow too, so much love for him!

Reaction Score
I would take the kids if they're clear and cleanly recruited. I doubt any of them would try this again.
Kids involved will have to be ineligible. Going forward, This has to be the final nail in the NCAA refusal to let kids earn some coin. There is so much money involved some if it gets passed under the table in suit cases. End the charade, pay the kids.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder how amazing Shabazz Napier was to stay and cement himself as our greatest achiever in the NCAAs! Boatshow too, so much love for him!
Both would have had to sit out if they transferred as they had eligibility beyond the ban. The way Roscoe had to sit out at UNLV. But yes amazing young men who deserve the highest praise.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Yep. They did what they did for their school. Very sadly, they are outliers in the present climate of big time collegiate athletics. Most of the high profile recruits are in it for what it can do for them and their future careers. The school they pick is merely a means to an end. Loyalty to the schools has gone out the window, and the entire system (i.e. the NCAA) is to blame.

Reaction Score
NBA needs to amend the CBA and get rid of 1-and-done immediately. This has obviated the notion that the expected 1-and-done players were amateurs for their 1 year.
NCAA needs to then allow players to be paid.

That said, they also need to clean house for those that were buying players.

Reaction Score
NCAA needs to then allow players to be paid. That said, they also need to clean house for those that were buying players.
Sure, if the NCAA as an ongoing entity is presumed. Rhetorical question to ponder: As the canaries chirp louder and the FBI digs in deeper, what's the likelihood the NCAA comes out clean, living, and breathing?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kids involved will have to be ineligible. Going forward, This has to be the final nail in the NCAA refusal to let kids earn some coin. There is so much money involved some if it gets passed under the table in suit cases. End the charade, pay the kids.
That won't stop a thing.

Reaction Score

I don't understand this at all. First of all, the thought that the FBI does or should give a hoot about what they do to a college basketball season in a bribery scandal investigation is bizarre. Second, the FBI isn't causing anyone to be penalized by the NCAA. When the NCAA steps in, there is no reason not to assume that players who haven't taken money won't be given options as they always are when programs are disbanded or teams are put on probation.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I don't understand this at all. First of all, the thought that the FBI does or should give a hoot about what they do to a college basketball season in a bribery scandal investigation is bizarre. Second, the FBI isn't causing anyone to be penalized by the NCAA. When the NCAA steps in, there is no reason not to assume that players who haven't taken money won't be given options as they always are when programs are disbanded or teams are put on probation.

I know the FBI doesn't care about the college basketball season but your gonna
Probably have a ton of movement, recruitment , etc. during the season that begins shortly. I was just thinking of kids/coaches That have nothing to do with the investigation. That's alll. Viva la Uconn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom