Dec 29, 2015-RIP UConn Big Men | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dec 29, 2015-RIP UConn Big Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen quite a few. Josh Boone, Marcus Johnson, Phil Nolan, Mumu, Taliek Brown, Rodney Purvis, Donnell Beverly, Jerome Dyson, just to name a few, have been among the recipients.

Travis Knight too back in the day. After every game you would hear "fans" calling Uconn a donut team (no center)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
nobody is saying he's the only UConn player that gets bashed, I'm talking about the levels we've reached. Mentioning Purvis in comparison to Brimah is laughable, he actually gets off easy given the disappearing acts we've seen.

He doesn't get much this year but last year he came under fire a lot at times. This season it's been far more lenient.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah- 7'0", 220 lbs

Cameron Ridley- 6'10", 290 lbs

Not sure if anyone watched UNC-Texas, or any Texas games this year, but we are going to get bullied in the post. Ridley is an absolute rhinoceros. He also has eyes like Tuco from Breaking Bad, to add to concern.
Did you think this idea was creative before you posted?

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan went full zombie mode on Taliek daily.

The full sprinting kinda zombie. Not the Walking Dead kind.

Pretty much par for the course with him, he has a new player to bash every few years(now its Brimah), he's the same guy who once said Gavin Edwards could put up the same numbers as Jeff Adrien if he got his minutes instead. Dude needs another hobby besides irrationally hating on youngsters for 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
Pretty much par for the course with him, he has a new player to bash every few years(now its Brimah), he's the same guy who once said Gavin Edwards could put up the same numbers as Jeff Adrien if he got his minutes instead. Dude needs another hobby besides irrationally hating on youngsters for 3-4 years.
I think it was mau who was hinted at in 2004 Sports Illustrated title article.

Where UNLV's 1990 national champions--a team to which UConn had been compared in terms of sheer talent--were remorseless in their run to the title, these Huskies, impressive as they were, let their vulnerabilities play near the surface, whether in the form of Okafor's tender back, or point guard Taliek Brown's complaints about his rough treatment in Internet chat rooms, or accounts of the players-only meetings that were convened after every loss.
http://www.si.com/vault/2004/04/12/...uised-past-georgia-tech-to-win-the-ncaa-title

"Internet chat rooms" = The Boneyard

Reaction Score
Anyone else find it funny there were dozens of negative threads for our losses but if you logged into this board and didn't know any better you wouldn't even be able to tell we had a game yesterday?

And tons of the people posting during/after the loss to Maryland were people I had never seen during the entire offseason/early season.

Clearly, there's a large contingent that only cares to post when they are dumping on the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Never seen anything like this with a UConn player before

I dunno, never seen another player need to be defended by JC in the media, multiple times no less, like Taliek was.

Taliek was absolutely savaged, both online and off.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Clearly, there's a large contingent that only cares to post when they are dumping on the team.
Anyone else find it funny there were dozens of negative threads for our losses but if you logged into this board and didn't know any better you wouldn't even be able to tell we had a game yesterday?

Pretty much the same thing every year. Crickets after a win. Vitriol after a loss. Especially when the team is struggling.

Reaction Score
Brimah is who he is. Clearly some people get annoyed by his deficiencies and that's fine but you only need to write it on the boneyard once. We get it.

Reaction Score
Never seen anything like this with a UConn player before

Taliek, Ricky (soph and junior year), AJ, Ajou/Ater all had some serious years of bashing. The interesting thing about Amida is how polarizing he's become. There are some who take every opportunity to bash him and then there are some who feel compelled to come in and bash the bashers thus creating the irony of "another thread" about Brimah.

Reaction Score

Sometimes your ok but most of the time you're a . Like now! Your just one of those guys who thinks he knows it all, I just express what I see as a fan of the Huskies and the way the game is played. I don't know crap, you certainly don't but spew on ace the magnificent!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Brimah is who he is. Clearly some people get annoyed by his deficiencies and that's fine but you only need to write it on the boneyard once. We get it.

As long as people are writing how great he is just once okay Farty? If there's a reply it's usually awaiting another.

You people are getting a little lame around here that's for sure.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Weight is about the only thing Ridley has over, well, anyone. Interesting comparison to pick...:rolleyes:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Ridley gets in even more foul trouble than Brimah, and is shooting 41% from the free throw line. We have the front court depth (Nolan, Enoch, Facey) to allow us to put him at the line rather than give up easy buckets. He may beat our bigs on the boards, but DHam is great in that respect too and they don't match up well with him at all.

Reaction Score
Taliek, Ricky (soph and junior year), AJ, Ajou/Ater all had some serious years of bashing. The interesting thing about Amida is how polarizing he's become. There are some who take every opportunity to bash him and then there are some who feel compelled to come in and bash the bashers thus creating the irony of "another thread" about Brimah.
Once again, I am not saying Brimah is the only one to get bashed, I am speaking in regards to the levels we've now reached. If you're mentioning Ater Majok, a guy who didn't even play a full season here, then you're just pressed to make this some kind of competition. I've been saying since the off season how polarizing he is so this isn't anything new to me. And yes, when numbskulls make threads like this or the other one on the front page that basically amounts to "I didn't see the game, did Brimah suck today?", then yes, those idiots should get bashed.

Reaction Score
Is this guy gonna come back and actually defend his position that our big men are going to expire against Texas?

Reaction Score
As long as people are writing how great he is just once okay Farty? If there's a reply it's usually awaiting another.

You people are getting a little lame around here that's for sure.
C'mon this isn't your first rodeo, Once he saved us with that And 1 in the tourney we both knew that would elevate his BY stock to near immortal levels. I'd also like to add it's equally annoying when there's 20 threads about him after he puts 30/15 on the sisters of the poor because than we have to deal with the let down of his performances against the big boys.
As for your critique of Brimah, I don't actually disagree

Reaction Score
C'mon this isn't your first rodeo, Once he saved us with that And 1 in the tourney we both knew that would elevate his BY stock to near immortal levels. I'd also like to add it's equally annoying when there's 20 threads about him after he puts 30/15 on the sisters of the poor because than we have to deal with the let down of his performances against the big boys.
As for your critique of Brimah, I don't actually disagree

For the record I was not calling YOU lame with the final sentence, just an all around viewpoint of were we are these days. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way. As far as the near immortal level, I guess so but hey he did win that game with the And 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom