Dec 29, 2015-RIP UConn Big Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah- 7'0", 220 lbs

Cameron Ridley- 6'10", 290 lbs

Not sure if anyone watched UNC-Texas, or any Texas games this year, but we are going to get bullied in the post. Ridley is an absolute rhinoceros. He also has eyes like Tuco from Breaking Bad, to add to concern.

Reaction Score
I wish our big men were shooters so we could invert the post with Purvis, who's built like a linebacker, and D Ham. It's what made Iowa St. so good in 2013-14. Then this wouldn't be a concern on offense, at least. Defensively, we're just gonna have to use up all 5 fouls on everyone if Ridley's on. Maybe we'll see some of that (inversion) with Durham and Jackson next year.

Reaction Score
I wish our big men were shooters so we could invert the post with Purvis, who's built like a linebacker, and D Ham. It's what made Iowa St. so good in 2013-14. Then this wouldn't be a concern on offense, at least. Defensively, we're just gonna have to use up all 5 fouls on everyone if Ridley's on. Maybe we'll see some of that (inversion) with Durham and Jackson next year.
Size and strength is irrelevant, Purvis doesn't have the skill level or savvy to post up opposing guards.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Was another Brimah thread really necessary?
their lives must be kind of sad to constantly rip 20 yr olds... one poster called brimah fin pusy the other day... it's vile and pathetic

Reaction Score
Hey, maybe Brimah plays amazing and has a better game than him. Stop writing things off. It's almost like you are rooting against him man.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Given the title and content of OP, that belongs on the UT board. Not this one.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
On a side note (and I like brimah), you sure don't see too many posts about brimah or Rodney being drafted this spring (and dham to a lesser degree). I for one would be thrilled to have them at gampel for another year for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
Never seen anything like this with a UConn player before
The board population is a lot bigger than it once was. With that comes a (literally and figuratively) much more dense echo chamber of expectations. People who don't understand basketball see 7' and that's all they need to see to expect total dominance.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
We handled Cam Ridley pretty well last year at Gampel.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Never seen anything like this with a UConn player before

I've seen quite a few. Josh Boone, Marcus Johnson, Phil Nolan, Mumu, Taliek Brown, Rodney Purvis, Donnell Beverly, Jerome Dyson, just to name a few, have been among the recipients.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah- 7'0", 220 lbs

Cameron Ridley- 6'10", 290 lbs

Not sure if anyone watched UNC-Texas, or any Texas games this year, but we are going to get bullied in the post. Ridley is an absolute rhinoceros. He also has eyes like Tuco from Breaking Bad, to add to concern.

Too bad ol' Rakim Lubin isn't still around. He could've asked him how many quarts of Mrs Butterworth's he puts on his pancakes.

Reaction Score
I've seen quite a few. Josh Boone, Marcus Johnson, Phil Nolan, Mumu, Taliek Brown, Rodney Purvis, Donnell Beverly, Jerome Dyson, just to name a few, have been among the recipients.

nobody is saying he's the only UConn player that gets bashed, I'm talking about the levels we've reached. Mentioning Purvis in comparison to Brimah is laughable, he actually gets off easy given the disappearing acts we've seen.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
aceboon said:
nobody is saying he's the only UConn player that gets bashed, I'm talking about the levels we've reached. Mentioning Purvis in comparison to Brimah is laughable, he actually gets off easy given the disappearing acts we've seen.

He didn't last year, purvis took a beating here last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom