DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DeBerry, the two-time All-Western New York and two-time All-State first-team selection, picked UConn over offers from several other major programs, including Louisville, Notre Dame, Maryland, South Carolina and Baylor. She had offers from at least 15 programs.

“I think it’s just the way the players and coaches connect with each other and seeing how they respond to each other,” DeBerry said as to why she picked Connecticut. “The legendary players, the high school All-Americans coach (Geno) Auriemma has helped become better players … I feel he’s the type of coach who will push me to be the best player I can be.”

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Once again, I’m....

... pleased as punch ! :D

48310936-AEE8-4E75-ACED-592B3A5DE6D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BE64996D-7F3C-452D-9369-9C609AF2B8F2.jpeg

My reaction was, “Boooooommmmm babbbbbby!!!”I love a good notification on a Friday. So glad we have an immovable, strong post on the way to UConn!! Love it when a player commits early! Bleed Blue!!!

Reaction Score
Just imagine this lineup in 2021:

1. Bueckers So Muhl So
2. WIlliams Sr Makurat Jr
3. Westbrook RS Sr(if she stays) Griffin Jr Poffenbarger Fr
4. Edwards So McClean So DeBerry Fr
5. Neslon-Ododa Sr. Gabriel So

Add Fudd to that mix and there is no need to even play the games, just give UConn the NC and save everybody time.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Dang it, some BYers are going to have to come up with something different to whine about, now that the "no size" thing seems to be getting blown out of the water. :rolleyes:

wow, somebody literally did exactly that as I was typing this--good job!
Coming up with something to whine about is really no challenge to the BY

Reaction Score
Who commits on an unofficial visit? Players who really want to play for UConn! This is why you should never get upset when high school kids(Boston, Nat Marshall, Cardoso, Collier) don’t commit to UConn! We want the ones who want to be here! Bleed Blue!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Last spring the gnashing of teeth, hand-wringing, and cries of "Woe is us!" filled these pages to overflowing.

It was, in Bulwer-lyttonese, A dark and stormy night.

And then the heavens opened, and Geno produced a deluge of riches...

Bueckers
Edwards
Gabriel
McClean
Muhl

and then came still more jewels...

DeBerry
Poffenbarger

And CD and Shea and Jasmine smiled upon the bounty,
while Geno poked Good Ole Boy Phil to spring Evina loose from the clutches of the evil NCAA burro-crats. And all was well in the land.

View attachment 47901
Bulwer-Lytton? I was under the impression that Snoopy's brother Spike was the originator of that phrase! ;)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Who commits on an unofficial visit? Players who really want to play for UConn! This is why you should never get upset when high school kids(Boston, Nat Marshall, Cardoso, Collier) don’t commit to UConn! We want the ones who want to be here! Bleed Blue!
You forgot to mention the Australian prospect that wanted to come to UConn until the elders on the Aussie national team apparently twisted her arm to stay Down Under. I can't recall her name just now, but she was taken in the WNBA draft and may play on this continent after all. EZI MACBEGOR!!!

One has to wonder whether, if one or two of those players had come to Storrs, UConn might not have gotten Edwards, Gabriel, and/or Deberry. If that is true, then their decisions not to come were "all for the best".

Reaction Score

1. Bueckers So Muhl So

Add Fudd to that mix and there is no need to even play the games, just give UConn the NC and save everybody time.
And just think that the DeBerry, Poffenbarger (and hopefully Fudd) class won’t graduate until 2025. That’s putting a lot pressure on us old guys to hang around that long but I certainly wouldn’t want to miss what is going to be another fantastic run !

Reaction Score
The rest of your statement wasn't necessary. If he never coached another game nobody is going to catch him. Safely out of reach.
Coming from the PAC 12 fan?! I’m glad you know the facts!

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention the Australian prospect that wanted to come to UConn until the elders on the Aussie national team apparently twisted her arm to stay Down Under. I can't recall her name just now, but she was taken in the WNBA draft and may play on this continent after all. EZI MACBEGOR!!!

One has to wonder whether, if one or two of those players had come to Storrs, UConn might not have gotten Edwards, Gabriel, and/or Deberry. If that is true, then their decisions not to come were "all for the best".
We always get who were supposed to. You can’t get upset about where a teenager chooses to go to college. It is what it is! Most of em watch UConn go to the final four every year anyway so.....Bleed Blue!

Reaction Score

1. Bueckers So Muhl So

By then Edwards is going to be a certified LOAD.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dang it, some BYers are going to have to come up with something different to whine about, now that the "no size" thing seems to be getting blown out of the water. :rolleyes:

wow, somebody literally did exactly that as I was typing this--good job!
Yeah. Now, where are the 3 point shooters off the bench!

Reaction Score

1. Bueckers So Muhl So

I hope Geno can keep 12+players happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger