Death Storm | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Death Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Got a whopping 3" to 5" inches where I live in North Jersey. Mother nature faked all of the forecasters and government forecasters out on this one. Would laugh; but, a colleague n Long Island has 2 feet on the ground, saw a note from UConn that Storrs has +16" and more coming and areas around Boston, especially south, are getting crushed.

Snow was over the mouth of the snowblower by the time I finished my driveway. I had to do it twice...just like the bad storm in 2010.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A girl who worked for me and I were having a discussion about her favorite group, One Direction. She blurts out "you know they are the Beatles of our generation" No lie "the Beatles of our generation" My only reply after smh was "why? Are 1/2 of them dead"
Really? I guess it's time to blow the dust of Yoko and send her down there.
yoko_ono2.jpg

Reaction Score
All of 4" in Norwalk. I shoveled two decks and a driveway in 40 min. Maybe another inch or two tops if a band comes through but it missed us. East of 91 stay safe, west of 91 we lucked out.

Reaction Score
About 2 feet up here in the 495 belt outside Boston. I haven't been outside to measure it yet. The drift outside my front door is up to my chest. Should be fun digging out of this.

Reaction Score
I understand. I just don't get the badge of honor new Englanders feel. This storm really won't affect much, but 2 days, but it's the garage, with the generators, the snow shovels, the gloves, hats, and boots, year round for which to care and organize. It's the wood pile to be maintained throughout the fall. It's the generator fuel to store, just in case for 3 winters, so when it comes, you're prepared. It's the phone calls to overworked people you haven't thrown much business to in 2 and a half years to come get you out, or the self bailing, on the fourth hour, every hour as the snow piles up. And it's the high, high state taxes and high, high property values. But the selling points are immense. Hartford, Providence. I mean compare those world class cities to Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, Dallas, Phoenix. It's really no comparison. And plus, in April, when it's 80 for 3 days in Atlanta, it's a much more comfortable 42 in Hartford. And then in July, when it's 95 both places, they have a/c pre-installed and it works. And it cost 1/3 what it did in Hartford. Everything makes so much sense to me now. It costs nearly half as much to live down South, the weather's way better, but damnit "I have brass balls." Have a great Death Storm, and in all seriousness, have fun, but take care.

I've been tuo Nashville with 100 degrees and 99% humidity at 9:00 Pm
Anyone who favorablly compares a Connecticut Summer to a summer in most any part of the South is guilty of Hyperbole. You get 2 weeks of hot weather annually in Ct. Compared to 6 to 8 weeks in most southern cities,accompanied by intense humidity.
You still get Ice and even snow in many parts of the south plus drivers with no clue what to do and Street depts with zero expertise in getting things going again.
Also the constant clash of warm and cold air is a breeding ground for tornados I sat in my hotel with the TV flashing warnings, wondering if might be my last day on earth. Two can play the hyperbole game.
Taxes are cheaper but you pay for private school because public education is an insult to the term third world. No one with kids should leave the NorthEast.
I moved to AZ for a number of reasons lower taxes,warmer climate , but the availability of great housing for active seniors ,all on one floor , in many price ranges was probably the most important factor. Plus my son already lived here. The only comparable housing to what's available here is a place like the Greens in Oxford at double the price.actually my communitity is nicer. Unlike most Southern areas we get no ice or snow here .torandos, or Hurricanes. I am amazed at the amount of snowbirds out here from mid- Southern States.
The Summers are tough but I go to Ct in June and Sept.
That shortens the summer considerably. The mountains surrounding Phoenix also provide Quick relief. If your so inclined.
The mid-south was my second home for thirty years and there is no way I would retire there. It's like moving to a foreign country. Atlanta is a semi-decent city but who needs a Big a City to retire too.
We did consider FLA but my son lived here. I live with ,mostly refugees from the Mid-West ,and Rainbirds from the northwest , (Seahawk banners are out in force).
People from these areas are remarkable comparable to New Englanders much more so than most places in the South.
But most areas of the country are represented even Floridians who have seen one hurricane too many.

Reaction Score
The hype will soon begin for another snow storm Sunday into Monday.

Reaction Score
more like 6 inches in southington. My Uconn flag did blow into the woods somewhere though so death storm hyperbole fits.

Reaction Score
more like 6 inches in southington. My Uconn flag did blow into the woods somewhere though so death storm hyperbole fits.
I got a little more than that, maybe 8" but we lucked out on this one.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Clocked in around 22" East of The River. Wasn't bad as we did not lose power or cable...oh yeah, and the state and CL&P harvesting (with impunity) the tree line along the power lines.

Reaction Score
About 2 feet up here in the 495 belt outside Boston. I haven't been outside to measure it yet. The drift outside my front door is up to my chest. Should be fun digging out of this.
I just measured and there's 30 inches and it's still snowing. I guess we were right in the middle of the worst of it. cahusky, how do people deal with this almost every week in Tahoe?

Reaction Score
I just measured and there's 30 inches and it's still snowing. I guess we were right in the middle of the worst of it. cahusky, how do people deal with this almost every week in Tahoe?

Because they can play golf the same day on the bottom of the mountain ;)

Reaction Score
Snow was over the mouth of the snowblower by the time I finished my driveway. I had to do it twice...just like the bad storm in 2010.

My driveway melted before I even got out to shovel. Meanwhile, from friends I saw posts of 20" in Storrs, 24" in Glastonbury, 18" in Medfield MA, 30" in Chelmsford & Harvard MA, 20" in Waterville Maine with snow forecasted through noon tomorrow. WTF? Mother Nature took good old Human Technology out to the woodshed for this storm.

Reaction Score
The hype will soon begin for another snow storm Sunday into Monday.

The local weather blogger, who blew this storm like everyone else (granted he did call it going east about 6 hours before the news folks) is calling for a repeat of last weekend's storm in North Jersey where we got 7" from a forecast of 6" to 10" (the new had us for 2" to 4").

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Clocked in around 22" East of The River. Wasn't bad as we did not lose power or cable...oh yeah, and the state and CL&P harvesting (with impunity) the tree line along the power lines.
I'm still relieved about keeping power. I had 20" in NE Glastonbury.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I have a request for everyone who pillaged the grocery stories and the like for their bottled water...

Be considerate of your fellow man and don't drink it. Keep it for next storm. Allow other slackers and procrastinators to have a shot at the overpriced Evian for Winter storm Dejesus.

Thank you. ;)

Reaction Score
I have a request for everyone who pillaged the grocery stories and the like for their bottled water...

Be considerate of your fellow man and don't drink it. Keep it for next storm. Allow other slackers and procrastinators to have a shot at the overpriced Evian for Winter storm Dejesus.

Thank you. ;)

"Dejesus"?? One of your finest Cardinal O'Connor??

But isn't it "bejesus"?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only about a foot here in West Hartford. My parents live in Windham and they said they got 3 feet.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
South shore Boston we have 24"-28". Supposed to have another 1-3" overnight.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've been in Mammoth where they have gotten over 5 feet in a three day period and there wasn't a single day I couldn't drive to the lifts without chains. They are just equipped to deal with it. Kind of like how Atlanta shuts down for a couple days after 6 inches which wouldn't cause much of a blip in CT/MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom