Dear American Conference | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dear American Conference

Reaction Score
Except the NFL played actual championships and the Giants won them.

Hey, why don't the pats have two more?

6 > 4

NFL titles when there were 8-12 teams in the league, before Super Bowls, & most of all, BEFORE the Patriots even existed, and even better, before you were born, you're hanging your hat on that?

How pathetic.

6 super Bowls is better than 4. And the Patriots are undoubtedly the most dominant team in NFL history.

Reaction Score
You sweat like Gary Williams when you hear the word cheating.

I celebrate 6 Super Bowls--that's what I do, and what I'm doing now. Ironic that in a thread about thieving refs you guys blurt cheating! Hilarious actually.

Reaction Score
Cowboys fan here, the Patriots are a class above the giants. The Giants are blue-blood Calibre but the Pats are arguably the best franchise all time. 6 Super bowls in the past 20 years and you Giant fans are bringing up pre World War II championships? Huh?

Reaction Score
Not a giants fan or pats fan or even Yankees fan but based on upstater logic half the Yankees world series along with other baseball teams shouldn't count because expansion happened after and African american players weren't integrated yet

Reaction Score
Also Steelers nation has a very good debate for best franchise rather than best franchise for a 20 year period

Reaction Score
Also Steelers nation has a very good debate for best franchise rather than best franchise for a 20 year period
You bet and a few others .Some just totally go out of there way to slam the Pat's and rely on the past as if the present doesn't matter as much.To deny the Patriots as sport fans is crazy. The Patriots are here now and it's real.

Reaction Score
I mean, "all time" was not defined as super bowl era. but yeah. the Pats/Steelers are certainly the top class of this era. no denying that. its just funny to me how triggered Pats fans get when anyone pokes at em. With 6 rings, you'd think their skin would be a little tougher.

Reaction Score
Yeah! I get it. Works both ways. I like poking the Giant fans on the board also. Not hard to get a rise there and I like all those guys.

Reaction Score
6 > 4

NFL titles when there were 8-12 teams in the league, before Super Bowls, & most of all, BEFORE the Patriots even existed, and even better, before you were born, you're hanging your hat on that?

How pathetic.

6 super Bowls is better than 4. And the Patriots are undoubtedly the most dominant team in NFL history.
So the World Series' won when there were 16 teams in MLB, Stanley Cups won pre-1967, and the Celtics titles from the '60s when there were 9 NBA teams don't count?

Reaction Score
So the World Series' won when there were 16 teams in MLB, Stanley Cups won pre-1967, and the Celtics titles from the '60s when there were 9 NBA teams don't count?

I wasn't even born then... Ancient history. Weren't there 6 NHL teams back then? How can you possibly compare those titles, when your chances are 1 out of 6, and there's no free agency, to 1 out of 32 when your team experiences constant turnover? These things are incomparable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wasn't even born then... Ancient history. Weren't there 6 NHL teams back then? How can you possibly compare those titles, when your chances are 1 out of 6, and there's no free agency, to 1 out of 32 when your team experiences constant turnover? These things are incomparable.

how do you count the ones where you were caught cheating?

Reaction Score
To many ref's in this league right now fancy themselves tv stars.

Reaction Score
This Sunday will get interesting with Mick and Hurley vs. the refs in front of a raucous XL center crowd. Get your $10 beers ready!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
6 > 4

How pathetic.

Steelers have six as well and they won with other players besides Bradshaw and the titans of the 70's

I give props to New England. They are the best in the last 18 years without a doubt.

Reaction Score
Steelers have six as well and they won with other players besides Bradshaw and the titans of the 70's

I give props to New England. They are the best in the last 18 years without a doubt.

Yep, Steelers are the only other comparison, but if you look at most games won, playoffs and regular season, or both, in the SB era, it's the Patriots. The Cowboys actually have done better than both in those categories, but have fewer Super Bowls.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
lol pats fans these days

He's just mad because he knows 8 is more than 6 and rather than being upset that nobody in Boston took time off from building racism factories or whatever they do up there to, maybe, have a real NFL team before 1960, the Giants were establishing themselves as the bedrock of the league. And that no matter how many Super Bowls the Patriots win, they will never be as respected or important.

It comes down to ownership. Wellington Mara built the league, Bob Kraft was involved in human trafficking- hey, everyone has their own thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom