Dear American Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dear American Conference

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I used to coach High school and always said something that makes it difficult is that the referees are too close to the action. You get a better view from the first few rows of seats. What irritated me the most was a referee that would not run up and down the court.

Basketball with less than 3 refs just isn’t enough.

Schools won’t pay for 3.

Reaction Score
Basketball with less than 3 refs just isn’t enough.

Schools won’t pay for 3.

Things is regular seasons use 2 refs than tournament they go to 3. Big adjustment for them. They defer too much and calls are not made

Reaction Score
make every reviewable. Why not blow it up. It can’t get any worse for us.

pj

Reaction Score
How many times have we had a game end within a point a two of the spread this year? Are the odds makers just getting really good?

Yes, because the odds makers are using modern computer models like KenPom.com.

If the officials were rigging games, they wouldn't keep them close to the spread -- that risks them failing. They'd give themselves a margin for safety.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many times have we had a game end within a point a two of the spread this year? Are the odds makers just getting really good?

getting good? they have been good for a long time thats why only a small number of people can win 53% of the time

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Things is regular seasons use 2 refs than tournament they go to 3. Big adjustment for them. They defer too much and calls are not made

Completely agree.

I know from first hand experience that it’s a challenge and tough to adjust.

Reaction Score
because it is. especially when you dont do anything BUT cry about referees.

people bitching about referees is worse than the referees. the entire college basketball saturday online was people crying about referees - it the referees are so bad why do any of you non-stop bitch mongers even watch

Yes, there are no posts by me here except about referees....

Says the biggest exaggerator on the board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, there are no posts by me here except about referees....

Says the biggest exaggerator on the board.

yes the other genre is defending the cheating patriots. rich and compelling

Reaction Score
yes the other genre is defending the cheating patriots. rich and compelling

You have the thinnest skin, it's unbelievable. AAC refs suck... that is now something lot of people are saying Deny all you want. I'm glad it's being recognized nationally now. But defend these guys to your dying day.

Patriots are a ton better and more successful than whatever slop you root for, by the way. 6 rings. suck it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have the thinnest skin, it's unbelievable. AAC refs suck... that is now something lot of people are saying Deny all you want. I'm glad it's being recognized nationally now. But defend these guys to your dying day.

Patriots are a ton better and more successful than whatever slop you root for, by the way. 6 rings. suck it.

all college basketball refs suck.

wow you must be awesome since the football team you like is good. i bet its because of you. you are such a good defender of their cheating they win more.

i bet they have 53 ringzzzzz if not for the refs

Reaction Score

This is funny:D

I have been saying this for years. I think the quality of officiating in the American is far worse than what we were used to in the Big East. I don't want to go the NBE but i do want our officials upgraded.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Giants fan here, come tell me to my face the Pats are a better organization all-time...you can't, you know it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else get the sense that the refs keep it close for big TV games?(especially national games). The refs could also be getting it from the bookies for helping the spread be exact. They don't have to deliver every game but if it's close to matching the spread often enough, they'll up the odds of hitting the exact spread.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does anyone else get the sense that the refs keep it close for big TV games?(especially national games). The refs could also be getting it from the bookies for helping the spread be exact. They don't have to deliver every game but if it's close to matching the spread often enough, they'll up the odds of hitting the exact spread.

um what do you think the benefit would be of hitting the exact spread?

Reaction Score
Giants fan here, come tell me to my face the Pats are a better organization all-time...you can't, you know it.

I'll tell you right now. Patriots have won 6. Let me put it to you in terms Boeheim can understand: 6 > 4.

Reaction Score
I just love how the mention of the Patriots puts Giant fans into a meltdown. Been watching since the mid 50's and totally agree about the Giant history and a fine one it is. No problem there but the resistance some have against the Patriots just smacks of sour grapes and much whining and crying. I would say this to you in person, don't know what's up with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom