Dear American Conference | The Boneyard

Dear American Conference

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
End of South Florida/Temple game. 2 fouls called in last 1.5 seconds of overtime. Both very questionable.

I have to ask.

Questionable or just not what people want called with 1.5 seconds left but wouldn’t bat an eye if they were called with 10 minutes left?

Reaction Score
The first foul on South Florida on Alston was a call that yeah you could argue would be called with 10 minutes to go. The foul on Temple at the end (which ended up not costing them the game as the guy missed 2 FTS) was awful.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The first foul on South Florida on Alston was a call that yeah you could argue would be called with 10 minutes to go. The foul on Temple at the end (which ended up not costing them the game as the guy missed 2 FTS) was awful.

Ok cool. Thanks.

Just curious on that. Cause the same vernacular is used for both types of fouls by many fans

Reaction Score
Aren’t those the guys who ran off the court early in a BE tourney game with one team down by a point or something? Though the American refs seem to me to be particularly whistle prone and video prone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How many times have we had a game end within a point a two of the spread this year? Are the odds makers just getting really good?

Reaction Score
Aren’t those the guys who ran off the court early in a BE tourney game with one team down by a point or something? Though the American refs seem to me to be particularly whistle prone and video prone.
Yes,though I dont remember the specifics behind it.
I always took note on who the refs were during the BE days. If it was one or both of them then I knew I would be yelling at the TV more than I usually do.

Reaction Score
The officials have been consistently bad but people also forget that the AAC, SEC, and ASUN have an officiating consortium so it's not just us.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes,though I dont remember the specifics behind it.
I always took note on who the refs were during the BE days. If it was one or both of them then I knew I would be yelling at the TV more than I usually do.
Are you guys talking about the St Johns Rutgers game where the St. John’s player took about 5 steps and ran out of bounds with time on the clock?

Reaction Score
The Tennesse/Kentucky game was a wrestling match the whole first half last night and neither team got to 1 and 1's. If it were an AAC game, the game would have ended as a 3 v 3 matchup with all the foul outs.

Reaction Score
The Tennesse/Kentucky game was a wrestling match the whole first half last night and neither team got to 1 and 1's. If it were an AAC game, the game would have ended as a 3 v 3 matchup with all the foul outs.
The refs let the teams play and stayed out of the outcome of the game. There was nothing that I saw that was blatantly missed and I haven’t heard Barnes complaining about them. Kentucky came out wanting it more and Tenn. was just overwhelmed. I enjoy watching that type of game.

Reaction Score
The refs let the teams play and stayed out of the outcome of the game. There was nothing that I saw that was blatantly missed and I haven’t heard Barnes complaining about them. Kentucky came out wanting it more and Tenn. was just overwhelmed. I enjoy watching that type of game.
I watched the first half but saw little of the second so when I saw this thread I had to go look at the box score. I was surprised Tenn had committed 25 fouls. I remember the announcers saying how few fouls were called in the first half. Kentucky played really well of what I saw. Nick Richards with another 6 minute game

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We're not supposed to talk about it. There are people here who say it is a loser's lament.

because it is. especially when you dont do anything BUT cry about referees.

people bitching about referees is worse than the referees. the entire college basketball saturday online was people crying about referees - it the referees are so bad why do any of you non-stop bitch mongers even watch

Reaction Score
because it is. especially when you dont do anything BUT cry about referees.

people bitching about referees is worse than the referees. the entire college basketball saturday online was people crying about referees - it the referees are so bad why do any of you non-stop bitch mongers even watch
I used to coach High school and always said something that makes it difficult is that the referees are too close to the action. You get a better view from the first few rows of seats. What irritated me the most was a referee that would not run up and down the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom