Dear AD Benedict/UConn BOT: Spend Some Goddam Money On Football | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Dear AD Benedict/UConn BOT: Spend Some Goddam Money On Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No doubt. They cut the number of "personal service contacts" and then spread the Season ticket holders and Group Sales contacts amongst the remaining souls. I think I'm on my third?

A couple of years ago (2017) I had a "personal contact" named Kristina Tedford. She was more than exceptional. Kept in contact with me even after I recommitted for 2017 season.

Kristina left Dec 2017. Last time I heard from anyone was February 2018. Effort has dropped off in a lot of areas, in my view.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
So you know it’s bad when the guys in Columbus Ohio’s main radio station not only makes fun of Randy giving 150000 of his money to an assistant that leaves, but the fact that we lost 40 million. They have no clue how we can’t make money with our basketball programs. They have no idea how bad our contract was. They did say they felt bad for us but eviserated our football team.

Reaction Score
Not to revive a dead thread but I have to vent my frustration here. Finally, today, 12/19, I received my first call from my Aspire rep* since August when I called them to complain about how they messed up my parking pass situation for Football. I had ZERO contact with him through football season. He did not reach out to ask how the season was going, apologize for the mix up of my passes, ask if there was anything he can help with, nothing.

A typical sales person might reach out to a valued customer (keep in mind, I'm traveling to every home game from NYC) and ask if they'd be interested in a similar product... in this case perhaps UConn basketball or hockey. Instead, today I received a voicemail stating he can offer me some exciting packages for basketball. So, I called him back figuring I'd let him pitch me.

He starts off the call basically saying that its too bad we hadn't talked about a 1.5 weeks ago, because he could've offered me some pro rated deals for next year. (I WAS AROUND, WHY DIDN'T HE CALL ME???) Then, he tells me because I am from NYC, I should buy the tickets "for assets" to sell next year or I can also buy courtside seats for this year. He offers me no special deals, no discounts, completely misses out on a sales pitch, and ends it by saying he can call me back in April about new offerings.... meaning we won't talk for another 4ish months.

It's crazy how much we pay this company. These reps are nice people, but they are not salespeople. We need salespeople and not just for football. For basketball too. Take young talent, give them sales skills, and continue to develop them.

*Speaking on behalf of my personal account, not Husky Ticket Project

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not to revive a dead thread but I have to vent my frustration here. Finally, today, 12/19, I received my first call from my Aspire rep* since August when I called them to complain about how they messed up my parking pass situation for Football. I had ZERO contact with him through football season. He did not reach out to ask how the season was going, apologize for the mix up of my passes, ask if there was anything he can help with, nothing.

A typical sales person might reach out to a valued customer (keep in mind, I'm traveling to every home game from NYC) and ask if they'd be interested in a similar product... in this case perhaps UConn basketball or hockey. Instead, today I received a voicemail stating he can offer me some exciting packages for basketball. So, I called him back figuring I'd let him pitch me.

He starts off the call basically saying that its too bad we hadn't talked about a 1.5 weeks ago, because he could've offered me some pro rated deals for next year. (I WAS AROUND, WHY DIDN'T HE CALL ME???) Then, he tells me because I am from NYC, I should buy the tickets "for assets" to sell next year or I can also buy courtside seats for this year. He offers me no special deals, no discounts, completely misses out on a sales pitch, and ends it by saying he can call me back in April about new offerings.... meaning we won't talk for another 4ish months.

It's crazy how much we pay this company. These reps are nice people, but they are not salespeople. We need salespeople and not just for football. For basketball too. Take young talent, give them sales skills, and continue to develop them.

Did you let him know the points in your post? If so, what was his response? If not, why not?

Reaction Score
Did you let him know the points in your post? If so, what was his response? If not, why not?
I was audibly frustrated, but I did not tell him how to do his job. Hopefully, they have a supervisor listening in on some of these conversations to use as teaching moments.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LOL "assets". That sucks man.

I did the NYC to Rent trip for about 2+ seasons til I packed it in.

Can't imagine someone insulting my intelligence calling a ticket to a UConn basketball game an asset.

Reaction Score

When Aspire first was hired the sales rep we had did a fantastic job. She was very much a go getter. I call her and she call back in a reasonable time. Did multiple favors for me. UN fortunate she was too good and left after the season for another job. No surprise.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I was audibly frustrated, but I did not tell him how to do his job. Hopefully, they have a supervisor listening in on some of these conversations to use as teaching moments.
You didn’t raise any of the issues, so it is doubtful they will ever be addressed. For what it’s worth, I think it’s fine to raise exactly the points you raised in your email without any rancor and let them know that that negatively impacts your customer experience.

Reaction Score
You didn’t raise any of the issues, so it is doubtful they will ever be addressed. For what it’s worth, I think it’s fine to raise exactly the points you raised in your email without any rancor and let them know that that negatively impacts your customer experience.
He didn't sell any tickets. In my opinion, that should be addressed.

Reaction Score
When Aspire first was hired the sales rep we had did a fantastic job. She was very much a go getter. I call her and she call back in a reasonable time. Did multiple favors for me. UN fortunate she was too good and left after the season for another job. No surprise.
Same. My first two reps were great. They would call us up every couple weeks just to talk about UConn football/basketball and ask how things were in general. My newest rep rarely calls me and when he does it's just to sell me more tickets.

Luckily I've made friends within the foundation and they help us if we need anything.

Reaction Score
It seems like this is a great user story to present to UConn. I feel like if this was sent to AD Dave via Twitter and/or email it would be met with a response.

That's a horrible customer experience.

Reaction Score
Haven’t heard a peep from him apart from the interview with press after allegations against Ollie, and when we hired Hurley. Might be time for a missing persons report.
And that's the smartest thing he could do in this world we live in. If you don't post anything on twitter or any social media then you don't have to worry about some ass-clown digging up something you posted on-line 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago (2017) I had a "personal contact" named Kristina Tedford. She was more than exceptional. Kept in contact with me even after I recommitted for 2017 season.

Kristina left Dec 2017. Last time I heard from anyone was February 2018. Effort has dropped off in a lot of areas, in my view.

Kristina was our personal contact also. She often called me also. Did me personal favors. She was a winner. I agree about the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom