Daniels to Draft?? AAU Coach says he's gone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniels to Draft?? AAU Coach says he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DeAndre's former AAU coach Dinos Trigonis wrote in a tweet early yesterday that DeAndre would enter the draft. He didn't say directly that DeAndre has declare but he says in a tweet that he will join those from his recruiting class that were ahead of him. Interesting, but obviously nothing is set in stone.
What a foolish criteria to use. How many of them were more dominant in college than DD ? Player rankings are much like team rankings. They're irrelevant to what actually happens on the court.

Reaction Score
DD is a good kid, good fam, good head on his shoulders. If he comes back --great. If not --we'll have another fantastic ambassador. Best of luck to him on this decision and his future regardless.

Reaction Score
Have no problem if he goes. I hope whatever decision he makes works out for him. The kid played amazing this postseason.

Reaction Score
He's not ready and he's not a lottery pick. He should wait one more year and get top 10 pick money next year.

He's not a top ten pick next year.

And don't pretend like you care about the kid's best interests.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think it's much more critical that RB returns to provide the transition leadership for the new guards that we seem to always have. This can be his team finally. I don't think DD should go pro yet as I just think a season of being the main offensive weapon instead of the 3rd option will greatly enhance his draft status. He may well still make it but he'll be in a better position if he stays.

caw

Reaction Score
If Daniels goes I hope he gets drafted in a good place for him, makes a ton of money playing in the NBA. If he comes back I hope he goes out a back to back NC and gets drafted by the NBA and makes a ton of money. Same with Boat, though he has a harder road. Daniels could go higher next year just bc it looks like a weaker draft depending on who comes out this year, it could be the difference between a first and second round pick. Boat probably will never be a first round pick, but coming back could mean a second round draft position

Reaction Score
I have no idea about either player, but I have a feeling they both return. Between the two, I thought RB elevated his overall level of play during the NCAAs but at sub-6 feet he would greatly benefit from NBA teams seeing him play at this level for a full season.

As for DD, he had some big time NBA type shots like the step-back-fade-away, but his overall shooting was still inconsistent and his body is still very much tweener in nature. He really improved his rebounding during the tourney as well. Another season to add 15 or more pounds and some more consistent scoring and rebounding will go a long way in elevating him into the upper half of the first round IMO.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hope he sticks around, but I'm sure KO & company will guide him in the right direction.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Have you heard of Terrance Samuel?
Well of course... but hes more of an off guard than a true pg... one of the main reasons for our success this year was that we had 2 elite ball handlers. Without boat im not sold we have one.

Reaction Score
Well of course... but hes more of an off guard than a true pg... one of the main reasons for our success this year was that we had 2 elite ball handlers. Without boat im not sold we have one.
I agree that Boat is more important to the team bc of his ball handling skills, speed and d. But, you're wrong about TSam. He's absolutely not an off guard. He's a ball handler. I would love both of those guys on the floor....as ball handlers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Daniels come back, put on a little more muscle, if his body type allows it, and spend a whole season playing the way he plays in the post season. I think those two things will help him make the jump to the next level successfully. Again, whatever he decides I support him.

Reaction Score

What Terrance Samuel are you watching? The Terrance Samuel I know is just about as close you can get to a prototypical "NYC" point guard. He is first and foremost a ball handler, penetrator, distributor, defender, and team floor general that looks to primarily create for others.

Reaction Score
What Terrance Samuel are you watching? The Terrance Samuel I know is just about as close you can get to a prototypical "NYC" point guard. He is first and foremost a ball handler, penetrator, distributor, defender, and team floor general that looks to primarily create for others.

Absolutely. The kid just wreaks of NY toughness. Loved his game all tourney, he certainly wasn't afraid of the moment when we needed minutes from him. He doesn't hesitate to take it to the rack (brooklyn style), and I fell in love with his handle.. overall, I think he made smart decisions with the ball, and I feel comfortable with him running the point when need be.. (Hopefully after Boatright runs the team, then turns it over to Samuel, etc)

Reaction Score
If DD can get drafted he should go, otherwise spend the offseason working with Balis to get stronger.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
What better person to advise if ready or not than KO? This is a guy that stuck around on smarts and 10 day contracts and is so respected that he mentored some of the current greats of the game.

Reaction Score
I may be in denial, but I don't see either leaving. As a PG, you need to be the leader of your college team before you'll ever be anointed the leader of an NBA team. Deandre's weakness is his weakness. Inconsistency, and what appears to be a slight lack of confidence, also points to needing another year. Finally, DD is a tweener, so he needs to cause teams to view that as an asset they can build around, rather than a deficiency. Would love to see him dominate on the court next year, be unstoppable on offense and make NBA teams drool over the possibilities.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
DD's gone. His late season run put him in the 1st round.

Reaction Score
Boat will be back. I think he realizes that another year with him running the show can only help him. DeAndre should return and be a star all season long. He makes plays that nobody else in college makes, he just needs to impose his will on the game more consistently. If they both return, this team would be scary good once they all click. Starting lineup would probably be Boat, Purvis, DHam, DD and Brimah with TSam, Nolan, Facey, Cassel Jr and Lubin off the bench. And if Omar returns to form... wow.

Reaction Score
With WCS and MH staying another year it leaves 2 more spots open in the first round. If Daniels slips in to one of those picks there is is good chance he's gone. My gut says he declares.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

Terrence is very reminiscent of two prior point guards for the Huskies: Taliek Brown and Kevin Ollie. KO must think he's looking in a mirror - can't think of a better guy to coach him. Give Terrence some range on his jump shot and look out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What? Samuel is the closest thing to a true PG on the team, including Bazz. Both Boat and Bazz are scoring guards with a handle (due to size in part). Samuel is in the mold of Taliek, a strong, pass it or drive it point guard.

Reaction Score
Terrence is very reminiscent of two prior point guards for the Huskies: Taliek Brown and Kevin Ollie. KO must think he's looking in a mirror - can't think of a better guy to coach him. Give Terrence some range on his jump shot and look out.
You're right about the KO reference. Ever since he signed his LOI, Ollie has said that Terrence reminds him of himself as a player.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I hate to be a pessimist, but he's not ready to come out yet. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NBA regardless. If scouts watch the first 30 games of the season, he's just an ordinary player. Players with real NBA size can shut him down at the 3, and no way he can cover a legit NBA 4 (talking Lamarcus Aldridge, Lebron James, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin). You're lying to yourself if you think he's that good. I know that they draft on potential, and for Deandre, if his stock is really at an all time high then it's probably smart for him to leave, but he's really not that good, especially compared to the top players in this draft. I really don't want to see him end up in the D-league and then overseas like a lot of players that declare early do; he's too good of a kid for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom