DANIEL HAMILTON TO UCONN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DANIEL HAMILTON TO UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Extend Ollie Now
Hell, lets make Ollie head mens basketball coach, AD and President of UConn. We will land 5 star recruits and join the Big 10 in a matter of weeks. You can't say no to this guy.....but we all knew that after his first press conference. Thinking back, he got me fired up then and hasnt stopped since! Hamilton is a great get!

Reaction Score
I mentioned he would be a "star" in the coaching and recruiting ranks after a KO basketball camp my son attended about 3-4 years ago now at Loomis Chaffee. He had about a 30-40 minute speech to the kids on the last day which made me want to run through a wall.........and the kids were awestruck and my son played basketball that summer like never before........I said the parents may like him even more than the kids themselves as he is so genuine, real, passionate and honest and to them it would be obvious he will take care of their son and make him the best he can be as a person, a student and a player!!!

It is obvious the Hamilton's have a solid family foundation and that played a big part. They helped their kids through these decision making days and stayed together while doing so.....and in these cases, strong family bond Kevin Ollie will be hard to beat I believe.....in the cases where there are other mitigating factors and posse's ya never know.......but this is a great start and congrats to Daniel and his wonderful family for seeing the man KO is..........

Reaction Score
Wow, why didn't someone wake me up. I had to find out about while sh@ting!

Great get!

Okay "sh@ting" can be a couple of things........."shi@@ing" would obvious and "sharting" would be bad............:(

Reaction Score
this is what scout says about him----

Daniel Hamilton has made alarming progress in his game over the past year. He's grown a few inches, has become a very good passer and an improved scorer. His three-point shot is better but Hamilton's best scoring from midrange and in. Already at 6-foot-7, Hamilton has the right size for a small forward and once he puts on strength, it will be interesting to see where he can take his game.

Reaction Score
"I feel they are an up-and-coming program under him," Hamilton said. "He's going to let me play my game, and he does that with his guys. I was up there on my visit playing pick-up with them, and it felt good."

Reaction Score
Seems like with Zellers the younger the player the better they were. Hopefully the Hamiltons work the same.

Reaction Score
Great get.

This is why I fear going to sleep before midnight on Friday's.

Yep....I must have just missed the news last night as I shut off all my internet/social media stuff around midnight.
Saw the news first on the Courant's websit. When I saw "UCONN" and "Hamilton" in the same headline, I thought the article was about Rip! :)

Awesome news!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe we were able to tell him there'd be an improvement in our conference situation?

Half-kidding

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Simply spectacular. Love the LA connection Ollie brings. Now for those who care to speculate, it seems to me the timing is huge on this. With Purvis and Hamilton joining in 2014, if you are a highly rated big, does the prospect of playing with them give UConn an edge?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I don't know if I'm more excited for this year or next year now. If I was the other team I would be scared of a starting 1-2-3 of Rodney, Omar and Hamilton.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
D_ham5
Ya boy just committed to Connecticut #huskyguard can't wait http://post original url/gMnRGxSnKV
5/11/13 12:06 AM
CvQlNrx.png
Love that the logo is in the tweet - don't think you would have seen 'tickle-me Jonathan' on there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Daniel!!! (good first name....really good first name...)

pj

Reaction Score
Simply spectacular. Love the LA connection Ollie brings. Now for those who care to speculate, it seems to me the timing is huge on this. With Purvis and Hamilton joining in 2014, if you are a highly rated big, does the prospect of playing with them give UConn an edge?

Sure hope so. Speaking of hometown connections, Ricky Moore who can recruit now is from the same town as SG Ahmed Hill and PF Jakeenan Gant lives only 2 hours way near Savannah. Among big men we need one of Okafor, Gant, Okonoboh, Black, Chukwu, Abu, Reed, or Victor; two would go a long way toward making this one of our top classes ever. We should get a top point guard also; Purvis may be an excellent point guard but we need two with point guard skills on the floor.

Yes, I am that greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET