Dangerfield commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome Crystal! She looks like a great successor to MoJeff!

(I almost wish I had a subscription to The Summitt just to read the moaning and accusations that must be occurring over there! It probably will be the biggest thread that board has seen in a while)

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
When Cooper committed to Tennessee, Dangerfield coming here was a long shot, and the coaching staff knew it. Many fans knew it too. It was not a big surprise to many down here that she chose UConn. It had been rumored for months, but nothing substantial. In this case, the rumors were true.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Welcome Crystal! She looks like a great successor to MoJeff!

(I almost wish I had a subscription to The Summitt just to read the moaning and accusations that must be occurring over there! It probably will be the biggest thread that board has seen in a while)

Many Tennessee fans expected and knew this was coming when Cooper committed to TN. It's very unlikely to have to two top PGs go to the same school in consecutive years.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Excellent news, and surprising to happen so early. I had a really good feeling about her just as I did about Napheesa Collier. Now if they can add Cox and Walker other teams might have to just wave a white flag rather than play in the future.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield @therealdanger32 · 1h 1 hour ago
Blessed to be able to say that I committed to UConn this weekend #BleedBlue
2757.png
http://instagram.com/p/uWYP9IvZzA/

0 replies

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
According to Prospects Nation, Dangerfield was no longer involved with Tennessee when she made her decision. Looks like Adamec was right about that too.

Reaction Score
Nobody in TN is surprised about this. It was clear that Cooper's commitment changed the dynamics of this recruitment. The state of TN has A LOT of talented high school basketball players. The Lady Vols can't get every single one of them. Best of luck to her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The roster:

G Chong SR

G Nurse JR
G Williams JR
G Edwards JR
G/F Ekmark JR
C Butler JR

W Samuelson SO
F Collier SO
F Boykin SO

G Dangerfield FR

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
The roster:

G Chong SR

G Nurse JR
G Williams JR
G Edwards JR
G/F Ekmark JR
C Butler JR

W Samuelson SO
F Collier SO
F Boykin SO

G Dangerfield FR
Going to need some more height...thanks goodness for Butler.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In case anyone needs to be reminded how smart Geno is, consider how he (with total support from the UConn administration, athletic department, his coaches and staff, and his players/conspirators).

It was well known that Dangerfield really liked UConn (and especially Moriah). So she and her parents visit UConn for First Night -- on an unofficial visit! In other words, round trip flights for all from Nashville, meals, car rental, and lodging all at family expense.

It gets better. . .

Moriah is Crystal's host, who takes her to the Champions Center, to a class, and to a get-together with the freshmen -- who will be her teammates in a couple years.

On to the First Night with great seats for the family and, just incidentally, close by the Espinosa-Hunter family and other recruits. Witness to a spectacular show.

Think any other school/program/team could match this itinerary? Not a chance!

It is, of course, possible that some of the recruits and their families (and some members of the UConn family) dined at Geno's on Thursday, too. (I'm just speculating.)

Only thing not on the itinerary? Tour of ESPN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nobody in TN is surprised about this. It was clear that Cooper's commitment changed the dynamics of this recruitment. The state of TN has A LOT of talented high school basketball players. The Lady Vols can't get every single one of them. Best of luck to her.

You make it sound like Dangerfield only committed to UConn because of Cooper. All signs have indicated that she had UConn at the top of her mental list for a while.

Reaction Score
In case anyone needs to be reminded how smart Geno is, consider how he (with total support from the UConn administration, athletic department, his coaches and staff, and his players/conspirators).

It was well known that Dangerfield really liked UConn (and especially Moriah). So she and her parents visit UConn for First Night -- on an unofficial visit! In other words, round trip flights for all from Nashville, meals, car rental, and lodging all at family expense.

It gets better. . .

Moriah is Crystal's host, who takes her to the Champions Center, to a class, and to a get-together with the freshmen -- who will be her teammates in a couple years.

On to the First Night with great seats for the family and, just incidentally, close by the Espinosa-Hunter family and other recruits. Witness to a spectacular show.

Think any other school/program/team could match this itinerary? Not a chance!

It is, of course, possible that some of the recruits and their families (and some members of the UConn family) dined at Geno's on Thursday, too. (I'm just speculating.)

Only thing not on the itinerary? Tour of ESPN.
Tina Charles called Geno "the Godfather"..after seeing and experiencing the extraordinary..it was an "offer she could not refuse"..play at UCONN..and that is that.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like Dangerfield only committed to UConn because of Cooper. All signs have indicated that she had UConn at the top of her mental list for a while.
I agree with you. She's liked UCONN for awhile. But, if Durr had selected UCONN then it would have probably impacted Dangerfield's decision as well. That's how it goes. Durr, Cooper, and Dangerfield were never going to be on the same college team. They are each elite guards that want to LEAD a team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to rub salt in it or anything but the commitment of Cooper really had zero to do with it. Crystal has been a UCONN fan for a very very long time. And UCONN already has 2 absolutely fantastic PG's - Nurse and Edwards. Thing is, if you have 2 PG's on the court, 1 can play the "2" as well.

Dangerfield is a long-time fan of UConn junior point guard Moriah Jefferson. She wears No. 32 at Blackman High in Murfreesboro, the same number Jefferson wore for her high school team, the THESA Riders. When Dangerfield was selected for the U-16 club a year ago, she was handed USA uniform No. 4, the same number Jefferson wore when she represented her country with the U-18 and U-19 teams in 2012 and 2013.
I agree with you. She's liked UCONN for awhile. But, if Durr had selected UCONN then it would have probably impacted Dangerfield's decision as well. That's how it goes. Durr, Cooper, and Dangerfield were never going to be on the same college team. They are each elite guards that want to LEAD a team.
And you know this how? UCONN missed out on Durr but has a quartet of guards from 2014 and that didn't seem to sway her. She eliminated Tennessee because she was not interested. She didn't choose UCONN by default because Durr went to L'ville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom