Dangerfield commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Katie-Lou thinks this is just fine!

Katie Lou Samuelson @33katielou · 20m 20 minutes ago
OMG CONGRATS BUD! So stoked that you committed! I can't wait to play with you again! I miss you!!!
1f499.png
1f436.png
@therealdanger32

Reaction Score
Welcome Crystal! She looks like a great successor to MoJeff!

(I almost wish I had a subscription to The Summitt just to read the moaning and accusations that must be occurring over there! It probably will be the biggest thread that board has seen in a while)

Well, you would be disappointed! LOL. No moaning there at all. Our greatest need by far is for top post players and our fans know it. We have Kalani Brown and Beatrice Mompremier visiting for Big Orange Madness this coming Friday and we are really focused on that. With Carter, Reynolds, and Middleton to back up Cooper we will be just fine at point guard for the next couple of years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One impressive thing about watching her is her ability to use both hands. Floaters in the lane with her right hand, fast break layups with her left hand - I'm impressed that a kid entering 11th grade already possesses strength with both hands...

Reaction Score
The way things are shaping up UConn is likely to be odds on favorites for the NC each of the next five years. Not saying they'll win five straight but I would put them at > 50/50 each year. 2017 and 2019 were slight question marks but Dangerfield really helps with each. We'll need a center for after Butler but that will come.

Man it's a good time to be a UConn WBB fan!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The way things are shaping up UConn is likely to be odds on favorites for the NC each of the next five years. Not saying they'll win five straight but I would put them at > 50/50 each year. 2017 and 2019 were slight question marks but Dangerfield really helps with each. We'll need a center for after Butler but that will come.

Man it's a good time to be a UConn WBB fan!
UCONN's "weak" class was the 1 player 2013 class of only Chong. For better or worse, Tuck's injury put her in that class. So in 2013, we have a legit top 5 player. In 2014 we have 3 legit top 10 players. In 2015, we have 2 legit top 5 players, and now in 2016 we already have a top 5 kid. If Walker decided to come on board, as the #1 player, she'd join Samuelson as the best player in her class to come to UCONN. We obviously do our best when we have 2 of those #1 kids on the roster at any given time...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
sass...I like sass

Rodney is buried in a neat cemetery in the middle of Westwood (LA) where Marilyn Monroe and other notables are buried. They allow personalized engravings on the stones. Rodney's says "There goes the neighborhood." Marilyn is actually in a nondescript wall vault with dozens of others. In any case, when it comes to UConn's new Dangerfield, she doesn't have a worry about respect and the neighborhood is just fine.

Reaction Score
Not to rub salt in it or anything but the commitment of Cooper really had zero to do with it. Crystal has been a UCONN fan for a very very long time. And UCONN already has 2 absolutely fantastic PG's - Nurse and Edwards. Thing is, if you have 2 PG's on the court, 1 can play the "2" as well.

Dangerfield is a long-time fan of UConn junior point guard Moriah Jefferson. She wears No. 32 at Blackman High in Murfreesboro, the same number Jefferson wore for her high school team, the THESA Riders. When Dangerfield was selected for the U-16 club a year ago, she was handed USA uniform No. 4, the same number Jefferson wore when she represented her country with the U-18 and U-19 teams in 2012 and 2013.And you know this how? UCONN missed out on Durr but has a quartet of guards from 2014 and that didn't seem to sway her. She eliminated Tennessee because she was not interested. She didn't choose UCONN by default because Durr went to L'ville.
So are really saying that elite players don't pay attention to where other elite players are going? Especially when they play the same position? That's how it is anywhere and for ANY sport might I add. And of course she eliminated TN because she wasn't interested. Just like Durr eliminated UCONN and TN because she wasn't interested. Don't see the controversy in my comments.

Reaction Score
Welcome Crystal. From what I've heard and seen from the clips, seems like she's going to be awesome. The best just keep getting better!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The way things are shaping up UConn is likely to be odds on favorites for the NC each of the next five years.

Sorry, but u krazy.
3 years, let alone 5, are a long way off, and will include a lot of players who haven't set foot in a college game. A wee bit early to declare UConn >50/50 favorite.

Reaction Score
“I remember watching UConn and Tennessee play when I was seven and eight years old and I felt even then that UConn would be a great place to play,” Dangerfield said.

It is weird to me to see a Tennessee's kid watching a bitter rivalry game even think like that!
Has there ever been any top 20 player from Connecticut going to Tennessee ? Just curious.

Reaction Score
“I remember watching UConn and Tennessee play when I was seven and eight years old and I felt even then that UConn would be a great place to play,” Dangerfield said.

It is weird to me to see a Tennessee's kid watching a bitter rivalry game even think like that!
Has there ever been any top 20 player from Connecticut going to Tennessee ? Just curious.

No, but there's been fewer than 5 top 20 players from CT in the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but u krazy.
3 years, let alone 5, are a long way off, and will include a lot of players who haven't set foot in a college game. A wee bit early to declare UConn >50/50 favorite.
Whaa?? 5 Straight NCs is a done deal! ("50/50" was SB10 just being nice)

TONY - we have a doubter!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“I had a list of six schools and had visited three of the six,” Dangerfield said. “(UConn) made it four. I knew that’s where I wanted to go when I got up there.”

Dangerfield visited Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Maryland before going to Connecticut. Tennessee had been in contact with her and had watched her at an open gym during the evaluation period.

Dangerfield never felt any pressure to commit early, Lady Blaze coach Chad Hibdon said.

“There was never any pressure for her to commit,” Hibdon said. “Over the last three or four months she’s been narrowing down her choices.

“I think she wanted to do it after the season at some point. But as things played out and as the recruiting maturation went on with other people signing people, she narrowed it down to two or three schools. She was comfortable with things. And Connecticut was her last place that she was taking a visit.”

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/19/dangerfield-commits-connecticut/17591049/

Reaction Score

Dangerfield never felt any pressure to commit early, Lady Blaze coach Chad Hibdon said.

“There was never any pressure for her to commit,” Hibdon said. “Over the last three or four months she’s been narrowing down her choices.

“I think she wanted to do it after the season at some point. But as things played out and as the recruiting maturation went on with other people signing people, she narrowed it down to two or three schools. She was comfortable with things. And Connecticut was her last place that she was taking a visit.”

I think that pretty much proves my point from earlier. People signing elsewhere narrowed her choices, which is a natural and common thing. I hope she has a great career and wish her all the best.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/19/dangerfield-commits-connecticut/17591049/[/QUOTE]

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think that pretty much proves my point from earlier. People signing elsewhere narrowed her choices, which is a natural and common thing.

That's fine, but there still isn't any concrete evidence that the Vols were ever a/the favorite for her. Maybe Cooper's signing played a part, maybe not.

Reaction Score
ESPN Hoopgurlz calls CD "electrifying lead guard with swagger, jet-quick floor leader, handles and distributes, penetrates and collapses defenses, separation speed in uptempo, tough to contain." KatieLou loves the kid, and that speaks volumes.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, my day is made. More promise for UConn as we experience the aggregate effects of the 2014-16 classesHelp is most assuredly on the way. Smells like even more to be adde to Geno's legacy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom