Dan Hurley to Florida? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn is a top 10 program in the country again now that we are back in the Big East. Unless one of Duke, UK, KU, or the NBA come calling, anywhere else would be a step down. We are not in that 2nd tier like the Xaviers, Providences, etc of the world (aka, potential stepping stone programs). We are the elite of the elite.
Here’s the problem with your analysis. UConn isn’t a top 10 program, and the New Big East is not the Big East. It has exactly 1 team people consider a power, and which is deserving of that consideration. And “anywhere else” would most certainly not be a step down. Most Big 10, most original ACC, Most B12 and SEC would be steps up. When your regular season champ can’t crack the top 10 all year, that tells you everything you need to know about how prestigious the NEWBIE is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing Hurley leaving except for Rutgers (NJ), Seton Hall (alma mater; NJ). Just strikes me as a guy who is all about the northeast and his home turf.
Seton Hall would give us Willard, Kadary Richmond, Yetna and a player to be named later for Hurley.

CL82

Reaction Score
We’re not allowed to speculate transfers but this dumpster of a thread is okay?
Technically, yeah cause it’s based on some idiot off the board’s speculation

CL82

Reaction Score
We need to make some noise in the tourney in order for Danny to good offers from any top level schools. I think he is making over 3 million a year from uconn.
Yeah so here’s a newsflash… We are top level program. There’s nothing that Hurley wants to do that he can’t get done here. Sure, some Big Ten or SEC program could offer him more money, but then he would be away from his family, out of his region, and starting from scratch.

CL82

Reaction Score
Could you imagine an nba players reaction to him screaming at them? I think it would be electric, although I suppose he could channel the inner thibs on the psycho meter
When does he scream at kids? Refs, sure, but players? I haven’t seen it.

Reaction Score
Not on this planet it isn’t. Some of you guys are just so NEWBIE-Centric you can’t accept reality. The NEWBIE is not comparable to the SEC in prestige, money or any other way. As for recruiting, you can always convince guys from Jersey to go to Florida. Getting guys to go the other easy takes the talent.
What the hell is Newbie and Newbie-Centric?

Win a couple of games in the tournament and this ninny will disappear again.

Reaction Score
If Danny returns UConn to elite borderline blue blood status, I think he’s a lifer. Maybe only the NBA threatens that.
This, I think he said in an interview before that some day he would consider the NBA if it was avail. More was something along the lines of everyone wants to challenge themselves to coach at the highest level.

One thing he said when he took the job was that he was really only interested in going to a program where he could compete for National championships. That’s here, there’s not a ton of other places that have openings that have National Championship expectations. Great recruiting ground for him, close to family, idk why he would leave.

SEC Booster money comes with SEC Booster headaches. I don’t know if that’s something he’s into. People HERE were complaining about how long the rebuilt took while he was trying to establish a culture & identity. Picture it at FL

Reaction Score
Kentucky is paying Cal $8 million a year on deal worth $86 million. And that's just salary not including extras and perks. The SEC is the high rent district.

Reaction Score
The top region for players on Hurley’s roster is the Northeast. Calhoun had more of a national footprint after UCONN started winning big, and doors may open for Hurley in that respect. But the Northeast has alway been the program’s engine. Hurley is the right fit as a coach.

Reaction Score
I’m usually one of the people who rolls their eyes at the ESPN hates us narrative. But it’s actually disgusting they put Dan on that list with mid major coaches who’d be looking to step up. UConn isn’t Duke or Kentucky, but we aren’t Murray St holy.
You mean the same Murray State that is ranked 1 spot above us in the latest AP poll? Hate to break or to you but the NEWBIE is a P6 league in a P5 world.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't believe any of this, however
1. Money talks and people walk
2. UofFL has a lot more money to play with than UConn will ever dream of having in the next millennium
3. P5 is P5 - there are top players who won't look at any school that isn't P5 - especially with the NIL or whatever they call the payments to athletes
4 Florida has the weather, less taxes( a huge deal in that salary range) plus he doesn't have to worry about sending kids to school
5 The NBE is a real good conference but the SEC is better
I cannot see DH leaving this area but folks, if he sees some success beyond the sweet 16 here at UConn, a ton of schools will be offering money the UConn simply cannot touch

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seton Hall would give us Willard, Kadary Richmond, Yetna and a player to be named later for Hurley.

Throw in the Pru Center for XL to sweeten the pot.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m kind of confused why people are even concerned. Hurley is completely unhinged, can’t handle substitution patterns, or coach at all, and we have a few hundred replacement options on the boneyard who know how to manage a program better.

Reaction Score
I’m kind of confused why people are even concerned. Hurley is completely unhinged, can’t handle substitution patterns, or coach at all, and we have a few hundred replacement options on the boneyard who know how to manage a program better.
THIS

Reaction Score
A UConn basketball coach hasn't left for another college job in 40+ years. There's a reason for that. This is an elite program. Don't let our few tough years convince you that we aren't on the same tier as Nova, we are. Dan Hurley and UConn are a rare perfect fit. He's going to get paid. He will never coach another college team unless he nose dives and is fired. Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom