Dan Hurley reveals he aspires to be a head coach in the NBA for the right team | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley reveals he aspires to be a head coach in the NBA for the right team

Reaction Score
I think Hurley would hate the NBA. MUCH higher percentage of rich players that don’t care about for all the things Hurley preaches, who are just trying to live their life and collect their paychecks

How many superstars with $150M contracts are going to completely buy in to 110% effort 100% of the time?

Reaction Score
I think Hurley would hate the NBA. MUCH higher percentage of rich players that don’t care about for all the things Hurley preaches, who are just trying to live their life and collect their paychecks

How many superstars with $150M contracts are going to completely buy in to 110% effort 100% of the time?
Yes, but no recruiting and no NIL. The life is MUCH easier.

Reaction Score

None which is why i hate the NBA. College basketball is the best sport.

Reaction Score
Has any coach successfully jumped from college to the nba?
Billy Donovan, Quin Snyder and Brad Stevens are the best active examples in terms of jumping straight from college HC to NBA although Stevens is now a GM.
Seems like fewer 'bust' type failures these days as it is more rare for big name college coaches to make the leap.

IF Hurley make it 3 NC's in a row the comp with Donovan will be less direct.

Reaction Score
Hurley loves nba. What happens if brad Steven’s call because mazzulla goes belly up? Or if the knicks call? Ya gotta go.
Celtics certainly a possibility and you are likely right about the Knicks too (Thibs good for at least next year though).

The way Hurley talks about his roots of being a teacher and shaping young men are strong on the other side of the ledger. Also a LOT more travel and very long season. Hopefully this is a while off.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure Dan would leave. He’s in a really good place and he’s been raised to be loyal. Life at UConn is great for all of the Hurley clan. The relationships they’ve made in the community, with the fan base and around campus are strong. My understanding from a friend that knows him well is that Dan is living basketball coach nirvana at UConn. He also says that Andrea loved URI and UConn has taken her passion for the role of matriarch to whole other level. She realizes they are changing lives and she also realizes UConn has forever changed them too. She’s not walking away again.

Reaction Score
I get it. Coaching college ball at the highest level is an all year grind. As much as Danny puts into his craft I can see some burnout setting in after a while. I hope he stays another 2-3 years and goes to the Knicks when he moves on.

Reaction Score
Not good news...NIL, transfer portal, the Big East's future, etc. are all negatives. Burn out is real. I don't see Hurley going through another "rebuild" at this stage of his college career. As long as UConn is in the hunt for a Title, I hope he stays. But, if he gets a lot of $$ to coach a good NBA team, I think he leaves.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
And what does Andrea think about that?

He's loyal, we're loyal, he's set for life

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members