Dan Hurley/Kimani Young post game press conference | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley/Kimani Young post game press conference

Reaction Score
Funny story from it...he talked to Nate Oats before te game, who got ejected from a recent game as well. Curious what connection he and Oats have to be chatting.

Also, you can see the relationship he has built with his staff. Textbook in terms of building a successful organization.

Reaction Score
Funny story from it...he talked to Nate Oats before te game, who got ejected from a recent game as well. Curious what connection he and Oats have to be chatting.

Also, you can see the relationship he has built with his staff. Textbook in terms of building a successful organization.

If I remember correctly Danny recruited a player from Oats' high school and recommended Oats for the assistant job at Buffalo with Bobby. Not surprised that they would have a strong bond.

Reaction Score
In hindsight after this game I am glad he got ejected. the ejection got the crowd and players even more fired up and into a fevered pitch that intimidated the officials some

Reaction Score
Probably deserves its own thread in the off-season but what type of job should someone like kimani be looking for if his goal is to eventually be the head coach of a top program? I don’t think he should just start anywher but head coaching experience would be a requirement for just about any top program with unique exceptions...so his first job would be a mid-major at best….Or being the next head coach in waiting somewhere other than uconn would be risky because nothing is guaranteed.

Reaction Score
murray was the perfect replacement for freeman. any natural replacements for kimani?

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time Donny Marshall got a tech for smiling. The BE refs just don’t like Hurley and are going to continue T’ing him up and kicking him out of games. He better change its antics. It cost us in the Xavier game and almost cost us tonight.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time Donny Marshall got a tech for smiling. The BE refs just don’t like Hurley and are going to continue T’ing him up and kicking him out of games. He better change its antics. It cost us in the Xavier game and almost cost us tonight.
Honestly it's none of the Refs business if Hurley is amping up the crowd. Unless DH is adressing an official or doing something egregious they should buzz off and focus on the court. DH did little tonight to warrant 1 T let alone 2. Luckily it worked out otherwise would be a bigger issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kimani at Georgetown would dominate DMV recruiting, which would be bad for us. Hopefully he ends up in Big 10 country (Minnesota?)

As long as Kimani doesn’t go to Georgetown, Maryland (DMV recruiting) or Seton Hall I’ll be happy.

He’s going to get a high major job. Well deserved
butler

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kimani Young is going to be the head coach of a major program in the next few years.
Selfishly, I hope it's Pitt.

The obvious choice would be Minnesota, but I don't see them firing Ben Johnson after just one year, so the field is open. Only other real connections school connections he has are UTEP and FIU, and I think he can comfortably aim higher than either of thoserr.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was glad to hear DH mention the 19-20 team as closing out the season as strong as any team in D1. I remain convinced that CV would've gotten UConn deep into the AAC championship and returned us to the tourney if given a chance to do so.

Reaction Score
Honestly it's none of the Refs business if Hurley is amping up the crowd. Unless DH is adressing an official or doing something egregious they should buzz off and focus on the court. DH did little tonight to warrant 1 T let alone 2. Luckily it worked out otherwise would be a bigger issue.
He slammed the scorers table. That absolutely is a tech for any coach. The second one was a joke (which is why I compared it to Donny Marshall getting one for smiling)… but it goes back to my point that the refs have it out for him. They are going to continue to call techs on him. The M.O. on him is that he is a hot head and him continually questioning the league officiating publicly only worsens the situation. He really needs to tone it down.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This also might be a wake up call for Big East ref's. That toss is all over media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom