Dan Hurley/Kimani Young post game press conference | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley/Kimani Young post game press conference

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yea he smiled and clapped. I’m trying to find a video of it. Can’t remember who it was against.
It was at PC. John Cahill was the official. A foul plus the T enabled PC to tie the game with like 5 seconds left

Ollie dribbled coast to coast and made a layup to win the game

This is obviously long term memory, but Cahill was our worst official ever so his moments are etched in my mind

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was at PC. John Cahill was the official. A foul plus the T enabled PC to tie the game with like 5 seconds left

This is obviously long term memory, but Cahill was our worst official ever so his moments are etched in my mind
I might have lost my voice yelling threats at him in the Civic Center several years ago.

Reaction Score

Yes! I remember that now. We were up like 6 points with 10 seconds left and they hit 4 free throws and a 3 to go up 1 and Ollie took it right back. Cahill was always a Calhoun hater.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I might have lost my voice yelling threats at him in the Civic Center several years ago.
I like how the only uncertainty in that sentence is whether or not you lost your voice.

Reaction Score
From your wording, it appears you're saying he got the 2nd T and thrown out on purpose, just to pump up the crowd and team. Am I reading that right? If so, I'd have to say that's a pretty bad take. Coaches will get a T as a tactical measure, but no coach would get kicked out of the game for a tactical purpose.
No. I don’t think it is the case that he wanted to get tossed. It was clear T2 was over the top, but this is the casualty of an adversarial reputation he’s developed with the people that call the game.

Reaction Score
Been looking for a Jay Wright post game presser but haven't found one. Anybody?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No. I don’t think it is the case that he wanted to get tossed. It was clear T2 was over the top, but this is the casualty of an adversarial reputation he’s developed with the people that call the game.
I agree with the reputation part, but that 2nd T was so absurd that it went beyond reputation. I saw it on a number of news sources, including the VSIN gambling show on NESN/NESN+, and the T was universally panned as egregious. This is one of those situations, I think, where it went beyond reputation and almost seemed personal. I say that based on only how bad the call was.

I will be interested to see what comes of it. Could make for some good theater. Have we heard from the official or league yet? There has to be a response of some kind, doesn't there?

Reaction Score
David Cox from URI would be a great get. Was Hurley's right hand man there, helped build that program. Would expect he'll be looking for a job in a few weeks.

Not a great head coach - but solid DMV connections. Great assistant. Great guy. Closed Tyrese Martin before he transferred here, recruited some great guards under Hurley (Jeff Dowtin, Fatts Russell).

Wouldn't shock me if Kimani got a shot at URI and Cox came to replace him.
Might be interesting. Maybe we make another run at Webster from VT

Reaction Score
When it happens it will/is going to suck.

But we will be in great position for replacement. Like kids want a coach to get them to the league, a lot of young hot shot coaches want development to get them HC jobs

Reaction Score
When it happens it will/is going to suck.

But we will be in great position for replacement. Like kids want a coach to get them to the league, a lot of young hot shot coaches want development to get them HC jobs
this is a safe space right????

no of course it's not, but at the risk of being politically incorrect, i really think that kimani's replacement needs to be another guy that's representative of most DI bball players as opposed to another hurley, moore, or murray. so, sorry bobby!

moving on.

Reaction Score
In hindsight after this game I am glad he got ejected. the ejection got the crowd and players even more fired up and into a fevered pitch that intimidated the officials some
And a few small but notable make up calls to get in novas heads. At least it seemed that way.

Reaction Score
i really think that kimani's replacement needs to be another guy that's representative of most DI bball players as opposed to another hurley, moore, or murray.
Ultimately we will take the best assistants available. However, It's really important we're using our platform to elevate minorities by hiring them here because assistants will get HC jobs after being here, so we should try to use our program's stature to help develop and push more future black coaches. We were looking at Webster from VT previously when we hired Freeman I believe... he's someone who should definitely get a look again

Reaction Score
We were looking at Webster from VT previously when we hired Freeman I believe... he's someone who should definitely get a look again
my pick at the moment

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom