Dairyair - The Boneyard loses a member | The Boneyard

Dairyair - The Boneyard loses a member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I received word today of the passing of Dairyair. Dan Jack in real life, he was also known as Jack at the Track, after his motor-sports column. He frequented the Big Bend turn at Lime Rock Park, and one of his best interviews was with young Joey Logano, for whom he forecast greatness. Dan lived for the Lady Huskies and took the long drive from his hometown of Kent for years. On The Boneyard, he was a constant source of support for his fellow writers and maintained a positive attitude even when things weren't going all that well. We will miss him. May he rest in peace.

Reaction Score
BILLY: company here, pre-late dessert now, so I won't linger; I recall "Dairyair" pseudonym well on here...and positively. Sorry for the news....and a tip of the cap to you, BIlly, for giving us a glimpse into his real life and into the depth of his attachment to "Our Girls." Surely, he WILL rest in peace.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Very sad...Since I joined, he's the first regular to go.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sad news. I enjoyed his posts.

RIP, Dairyair.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear the news. I enjoyed his posts. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear. May he RIP. Will miss him (and his avatar). :(

Thanks for posting Billy.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
May he rest in peace. I always enjoyed his postings, and often wondered about the person behind that irreverent avatar. Thank you for posting, Billy.

Reaction Score
Still remember during the Olympics when a video was posted asking Olympians whether or not they wear underwear. Who better to reply to that thread but Dan! He was incredulous, pointing out that the ad accompanying the thread was an underwear ad. "You can't make this stuff up" he added.

His avitar, Assy McGee, was a short lived animated series. I wish I knew the rationale behind (no pun intended) that choice. The show was a satire of the Dirty Harry type detective films with Assy being the out-of-control detective.

I'm sorry to have never met him in person. I'll miss his posts.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the information on Dairyair. Sad news indeed. Like most of us here on the Boneyard I never met him but always enjoyed his posts and his memorable avatar. May he rest in peace.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
What a sense of humor! And absolutely impossible to ignore – just like that ‘punny’ icon-handle! The posts were not only encouraging, but successful at always cleverly bringing us right back to keeping our corner of The ‘Yard funny and fun. I’ll always be grateful you made our little community a much better, much funnier place to visit! Thanks, Dairyair! May you rest in peace, Dan Jack!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He was a solid contributor and seemed like a nice guy. I'll miss him.

Condolences to the family, and Peace to all.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup. He was a good'un! Sorry to hear he is gone.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
thank you for letting us know. Loved his avatar and his posts. He will be missed.
My condolences to his family on this sad loss.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sad to hear this news - I always enjoyed his posts and will miss his contributions to the BY community.

RIP Dairyair

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So sad to hear. Condolences and prayers to his family. I like to imagine he, and fans like him, now have the best seat in the house as they watch over future UCONN games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom