Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Jayhawk, I appreciate the sentiment. Mizzou fans are the worst.

The guy from Ames doesn't like Lawrence? Lawrence is a fantastic college town. I had law school classmates at KU who went to ISU, and while they remained Cyclone fans, none of them would pick Ames over Lawrence. I sure as hell wouldn't pick Storrs over Lawrence, and it isn't close.
Like I said, ISU fans hate hok fans and most things Jayhawk. :) And never said I don't like Lawrence. Never been there. I did say most ISU fans won't have anything good to say about Lawrence. Has nothing to do withthe town. ISU fans just don't like KU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So much to comment on here. Will have to fire up the laptop for the train ride home.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
tazclone said:
Iowa is not Nebraska...yikes. Nor is it the crap hole of ann arbor. You see this is what Iowan's talk about. Easterners thinking they can group the whole middle of the country into the same group.
Lol the crap hole that is Ann Arbor. Now you lost all credibility.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Living in San Diego, I totally get why someone would like Iowa or Hartford.

People mistakenly believe its sunny and blue skies every day here. It's not.

We're lucky to get 300 days a year like that.
That is what i miss most about Colorado. 300 days of sun

Reaction Score
A couple weeks ago I drove the family down to Conn., and we listened to a young adult book on tape called "The Witch of Blackbird Pond." It was cool because it was a 7 hour tape and we were almost finished when we decided to pull over and see Old Wethersfield on the way down to New Haven. Looked very nice. Anyone live there? Stopped for a soda at the pizza shop, but decided to make straight for Pepe's in New Haven (please, no pizza tangent!!!). Conn. really is for small town living.

I live right in Old Wethersfield. The history is cool but it's not a terribly thrilling place. I used to live in the southern portion of the state and probably would prefer living down that way again if my job wasn't in Hartford. New Haven > Hartford on almost every level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
tazclone said:
Like I said, ISU fans hate hok fans and most things Jayhawk. :)

Funny, I never met any Kansas fans that hated Iowa State. They didn't really even register behind Mizzou, KState, Duke, Nebraska and OU.

As for me, I'm a Hoiberg fan. Loved his game in college and really like what he's done at his alma mater. If UConn loses, I hope ISU goes to the final four.

Reaction Score
Funny, I never met any Kansas fans that hated Iowa State. They didn't really even register behind Mizzou, KState, Duke, Nebraska and OU.

As for me, I'm a Hoiberg fan. Loved his game in college and really like what he's done at his alma mater. If UConn loses, I hope ISU goes to the final four.
It's a jealousy thing :) I don't mind KU but there are a lot of butt hurt ISU fans that hate KU. :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can be to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Kansas City, St Loius Madison, Omaha in less than 5 hours? What's your point? I can fly round trip to Denver for $160, Pheonix for $200 and San Antonio for $300. And get there their quicker than you can get to Montreal. What's your point?

So one of your selling points is that you can get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours?

Our biggest selling point is that you can't get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So one of your selling points is that you can get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours?

Our biggest selling point is that you can't get to Omaha, Minneapolis or Milwaukee in five hours!

Ummm. Minneapolis is pretty cool.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that prefers the northern part of the state in comparison to lower New Haven/Fairfield county?

Reaction Score

Reading comprehension is hard. That wasn't a selling point. It was a "so what" point. Milwaukee is pretty damn fun. Guessing you have never been to the Old Market in Omaha....pretty fun. All large cities. All with things to do. Nothing is like New York, I get that but if you can't have fun in Omaha, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City well then that is your fault. But then, I am 42 years old and staying up until 4AM doesn't interest me much anymore.

Like someone else stated, every place has their good and their bad.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that prefers the northern part of the state in comparison to lower New Haven/Fairfield county?

No. It's quieter. I hate people, so it's nicer up here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was a joke, evidently Cyclone Fanatic isn't the only site that is overly sensitive.

Tazclone, you're 42? Bravo, I have nearly a dozen years on you.

Reaction Score
Funny you should mention that. I live around the corner from Old Wethersfield. You should try Aroma Bistro next time you're in the area. You just missed it. It's nextdoor to Village Pizza.

I saw it!

Reaction Score
That book is set in Old Wethersfield I think. Great area to stroll around, my ancient ancestors on my mom's side are under the first row of gravestones in back of the Congregational Church.

Duh. What an idiot I am. That's why I mentioned it and why we stopped at Old Wethersfield. Heh, I left that part out.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
phillionaire said:
Lol the crap hole that is Ann Arbor. Now you lost all credibility.

Agreed, Ann Arbor is awesome!
When I used to travel to play ( left that life behind when it hit 30) it was pretty much my favorite place to play. It rocks, from a nightlife/ girls point of view at least.

Reaction Score
I must have forgotten my manners when i made my way over to OB

Screen shot 2014-03-25 at 6.47.01 PM.png

aw shucks

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hatford/West Hartford are alright.

New Haven isn't bad either.

Shoreline sucks as there's nothing to do and CT beaches suck.

Haven't spent enough time in Fairfield to comment.

Really the only draw to living in CT is the Huskies and I guess if you have a family.

I much prefer living in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69