Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are. We aren't very nice.

We are, however, typically well educated and most of us know where Iowa is. We just have no desire to go there.
Too bad. You miss out on some nice areas. a low cost of living, and crappy winters

Reaction Score
The Iowan potatoes are going to have to run third best. Got to slip in those Idaho potatoes ahead of them

Reaction Score
I lived in sheboygan WI for three years then had to get #$k out. Wisconsin is screwed up.

The are I lived in was quite beautiful. But two winters was enough.

Reaction Score
I just got finished watching the movie Nebraska. That and my two years in Ann Arbor allows me to say this to you: No thanks!
Iowa is not Nebraska...yikes. Nor is it the crap hole of ann arbor. You see this is what Iowan's talk about. Easterners thinking they can group the whole middle of the country into the same group.

Reaction Score
Iowa also just had a pretty good movie that took place in it with Bruce Dern.

Saw it last night. Can't believe you're both recommending it and telling us we should come out to the Plains every now and then.

Reaction Score
The are I lived in was quite beautiful. But two winters was enough.
Yeah Lacrosse is beautiful. I would have guys that worked for me in Sheboygan tell me...."we don't need you transplants here. 80% of people in Sheboygan County were born and raised in Sheboygan County." They didn't like it when I asked if they were married to their cousin. Hell they didn't even get what I was asking.

Reaction Score
Iowa is not Nebraska...yikes. Nor is it the crap hole of ann arbor. You see this is what Iowan's talk about. Easterners thinking they can group the whole middle of the country into the same group.

To be fair, I was responding to Zoo's post about all things midwestern. He listed Minn., Wisky and Indiana.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A little more than 25 years ago I briefly dated a girl who was from Minnesota (just outside of St Paul). Evidently there is a standard joke among people from that part of that state:

Q - Why does the Mississippi River flow south?

A - Because Iowa sucks!

Reaction Score
Saw it last night. Can't believe you're both recommending it and telling us we should come out to the Plains every now and then.

I would rather spend a weekend in Iraq than spend another in Billings.

Reaction Score
N
Legally we can.
Nah, not really. fortunately we legally separate ourselves, heave different views, different standards, different heritages. Golly gee whiz Wallywe even have different senators and representatives. ;)

Reaction Score
A little more than 25 years ago I briefly dated a girl who was from Minnesota (just outside of St Paul). Evidently there is a standard joke among people from that part of that state:

Q - Why does the Mississippi River flow south?

A - Because Iowa sucks!

You know that Iowa is on the North end of the Mississippi right?

The more appropriate saying is

Q-Why do the trees in Minnesota lean to the South?
A-because Iowa sucks

Reaction Score
Yeah Lacrosse is beautiful. I would have guys that worked for me in Sheboygan tell me...."we don't need you transplants here. 80% of people in Sheboygan County were born and raised in Sheboygan County." They didn't like it when I asked if they were married to their cousin. Hell they didn't even get what I was asking.

LaCrosse has UW-L and a couple other colleges. It brings the local IQ up. But it seems like every morning I hear in the news that some drunk drove his car into the river and drowned. Actually sometimes they would just walk into the river after "getting lost" and fall through the ice.

Reaction Score

A-because Iowa sucks

Why is it so windy in Kansas?

Because Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows.

Reaction Score
I like the ocean and being within an hour of NYC and Boston. But thank you.
Personally prefer the ocean in the southern half of the US and the Mountains of Colorado. However, you never really know what you are missing until you visit or live there. I have lived in WI, IL, CO and IA. Will leave Iowa once my kids graduate high school. Just like anyplace it has it's positives and negatives. I would live in Des Moines in a heartbeat. Great small city with plenty to do and yet not too big

Reaction Score
N

Nah, not really. fortunately we legally separate ourselves, heave different views, different standards, different heritages. Golly gee whiz Wallywe even have different senators and representatives. ;)

Isn't Iowa one of those States with like one congressional district?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

A-because Iowa sucks

I have a very good understanding of where Iowa, Minnesota and even New Orleans is. My guess is that as the source of the Mississippi is in Minnesota and it flows south with such volume (and for all intents and purposes splits this great nation) that the only thing that could get it to flow with that much force was something that sucked at an incredible rate (Iowa).

At the same time, there was a girl who worked for my company who grew up in Iowa (came east as an Au Pair and ended up with a clerical job in the company I worked for). Evidently she was a champion at a fair for some kind of yell (IIRC it was a husband calling contest). She did it once in the office and the walls shook. She did not last very long in the corporte world.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Personally prefer the ocean in the southern half of the US and the Mountains of Colorado. However, you never really know what you are missing until you visit or live there. I have lived in WI, IL, CO and IA. Will leave Iowa once my kids graduate high school. Just like anyplace it has it's positives and negatives. I would live in Des Moines in a heartbeat. Great small city with plenty to do and yet not too big

You just described the Hartford area. Iowa sounds nice, but I'll keep megalopolis. I'd rather not have to rely on Des Moines for entertainment purposes when I can live here, be just as miserable, and drive to NY, Boston, the ocean, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington all within 5.5 hours.

Oh and that doesn't mention Canada. Quebec, Montreal, and Niagara Falls are all within 6-7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom