Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Grew up in west Hartford. Love it. Moved out of town now but come back all the time. In fact I'm in west Hartford center eating dinner right now.

I too grew up in West Hartford - in the 80's/early 90's and love coming back there on occasion. When I lived there, that town square didn't exist....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I too grew up in West Hartford - in the 80's/early 90's and love coming back there on occasion. When I lived there, that town square didn't exist....

Yup. I remember the vote to approve the proposal to build it. I was a senior in high school and it was built while I was at UConn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Shabazz and Kane will be a great match up. It will be interesting to see if they defend each other although I guess Morris will be on Napier. Kane vs Smart was a great matchup as well all three times they played. Kane bested Smart 2 out of three times and the third was basically a wash. Shabazz is a stud...no doubt but don't underestimate Kane. Not saying he is better just will be a great match up

I don't think anyone is. Not sure how much they'll be matched up, but will be interesting to see.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is. Not sure how much they'll be matched up, but will be interesting to see.
The poster I was responding to thought it was ridiculous that anyone from ISU would think Kane was as good or better than Shabazz. Different players. Different styles but if someone doesn't think that Kane doesn't belong in he same sentence as Shabazz then they underestimate Kan's ability and haven't pad attention this year

Reaction Score
So we have a few UConn fans over there being incredibly cordial and the Iowa State people began complaining that this behavior is kind of boring.

So I start a thread congratulating them on making the sweet 16 and then I posted some smack that was so over the top that you would have to be pretty dumb to not see it was tongue in cheek.

I remarked on how they would be lucky if we didn't break Cy's other arm, and that I hope that they didn't waste 1/5th of their net worth on air travel and tickets because they would be headed back to Iowa empty handed and that they should expect two more months of winter/polar vortices and the best ice fishing for Walleye on earth...

I guess Iowans don't have much of a sense of humor.

Times like this make me appreciate the lack of an itchy trigger finger over here when it comes to bans..

Your better bet is to go over there in stealth mode, pretend to be a ISU fan and then drop napalm all over the place in a friendly fan boi kind of way, then do a quick 180 and bring your plane back to homebase.

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Cy anyway? At first I thought they were talking about how they would have an advantage at MSG because with a name like Cy he is obviously a New York Jew and has connections.

Then I realized they were talking about a mascot??! who broke his arm at a UCONN football game? And man, they are more worked up about that than the hoops game.

I was actually right there when it happened, and ended up being quoted in The Courant about it. 96% was Cy's fault.

Here's a quick synopsis.

CY was heckling the fans the whole game and a few fans were heckling back. ISU just scored a TD and ran up to the back of the end zone where these fans were. He ran up a moveable set up stairs with a platform at the top. Cy got in the face of a particular fan and pushed him, so the fan pushed him back. Cy lost his balance and fell off the platform (about 6 ft drop) and shattered his arm. Of course, Uconn got the negative publicity, but it was fully instigated by Cy. The cops saw the whole thing, which is why they did not arrest/detain the fan.

Reaction Score
Your better bet is to go over there in stealth mode, pretend to be a ISU fan and then drop napalm all over the place in a friendly fan boi kind of way, then do a quick 180 and bring your plane back to homebase.

You and I think alike.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

If you really want to piss off an ISU fan all you need to do is ask him why they wouldn't offer Dan Gable a job at the school in the early 1970's.

Reaction Score
I grew up in the KC area and the winters in CT are much worse generally. Not sure if Ames could be much different than Kansas City in the winter. After having lived in CT for over 25 years, however, I now realize that the whole middle of the country is all the same, out there somewhere.

Yeah, what's 220 miles straight north./

Reaction Score
Yeah they are pretty worked up over it. But the last time anyone was aware that they had a football team we beat them at their place with a I-AA roster. And that was when they had that QB... geez I already forgot his name. .

You may want to fact check your history,

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You may want to fact check your history,

Are you really braggin on losing to Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl???

Seriously, what is your FB high point since Seneca Wallace left?

Reaction Score
Are you really braggin on losing to Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl???

Seriously, what is your FB high point since Seneca Wallace left?

Look, I know you're just having fun, but all of you have to show some respect for that program. They have to deal with that brutal Big Ten schedule year-in and year-out, and that is nothing to make fun of.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Look, I know you're just having fun, but all of you have to show some respect for that program. They have to deal with that brutal Big Ten schedule year-in and year-out, and that is nothing to make fun of.

Ok. I'll admit.

This one made me laugh

Reaction Score
I applied for membership over there, want to send my regards

B-52_X-51A.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Uh... You see, .....

Oh, never mind.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This topic drives me crazy. West Hartford IS the nice part of Hartford. Glastonbury is the nice part of Hartford too. The problem with Hartford is that it is geographically tiny. If West Hartford, East Hartford, Wetherfield and Glastonbury were all part of Hartford, Hartford would be considered a great city. The fact that our forefathers decided to draw lines where they did totally distorts what Greater Hartford really is. Cities like Cincinnati and Charlotte just go on for miles and include many, many areas that are 20 minutes from downtown. In Hartford you are out of Hartford and into West Hartford in 5 minutes.

Add Bloomfield and Windsor (even more than Glastonbury which would qualify as a nice suburb like Avon/Simsbury/Farmington) and you've got it pretty much right, a 300,000+ person city within a decent sized metro area. It also changes the crime profile that dogs Hartford, as it does in Bridgeport & New Haven as well. What it doesn't change is that the city core is the big loser when the surrounding towns have such impenetrable borders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Their mascot (the kid inside the costume) fell down some stairs at the Rent and broke his arm when they played us in football. Supposedly some drunk fan pushed him or something. That's all I remember, I could have it entirely wrong.
The way I remember it the Iowa Mascot was drunk and was harassing fans, mostly children and the elderly. Finally he just passed out and rolled off a deck. It was embarrassing. I believe UConn officials had to intervene to keep the kid in the suit from getting a drunk and disorderly charge filed against him. Iowa St. has never been invited back to the Rent. Nor should they. That kind of behavior is intolerable.

Reaction Score
The way I remember it the Iowa Mascot was drunk and was harassing fans, mostly children and the elderly. Finally he just passed out and rolled off a deck. It was embarrassing. I believe UConn officials had to intervene to keep the kid in the suit from getting a drunk and disorderly charge filed against him. Iowa St. has never been invited back to the Rent. Nor should they. That kind of behavior is intolerable.

Too funny. Although if they wanted to do a home and home I doubt Warde would say no at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom