Cyclone Fanatic site is incredibly sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hatford/West Hartford are alright.

New Haven isn't bad either.

Shoreline sucks as there's nothing to do and CT beaches suck.

Haven't spent enough time in Fairfield to comment.

Really the only draw to living in CT is the Huskies and I guess if you have a family.

I much prefer living in NYC.

Grew up in west Hartford. Love it. Moved out of town now but come back all the time. In fact I'm in west Hartford center eating dinner right now.

Reaction Score
Hatford/West Hartford are alright.

New Haven isn't bad either.

Shoreline sucks as there's nothing to do and CT beaches suck.

Haven't spent enough time in Fairfield to comment.

Really the only draw to living in CT is the Huskies and I guess if you have a family.

I much prefer living in NYC.

Not really going out on a limb. Comparing NY to about 99% of the country is an apples and oranges type deal.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Grew up in west Hartford. Love it. Moved out of town now but come back all the time. In fact I'm in west Hartford center eating dinner right now.

West Hartford Blue back square/ the center is probably the best area in CT. Especially with proximity to the civic center and the rent.

Reaction Score
West Hartford Blue back square/ the center is probably the best area in CT. Especially with proximity to the civic center and the rent.
Funny you say that because I live literally a minute from the center and blue back square and it doesn't really intrest me.Unless you plan on eating, there is nothing else to do there

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Funniest post on the Cyclone Fanatic is a guy who states, "Napier is a good player, but Kane is better." Come again?? In fairness most there give Shabazz props. Another poster highlights Shabazz' lesser scoring against 'good' competition while conveniently leaving out all games which don't support his argument.

Reaction Score
Funny you say that because I live literally a minute from the center and blue back square and it doesn't really intrest me.Unless you plan on eating, there is nothing else to do there

What else would you want there? A roller coaster or something? It is dining and shopping with a movie theater and a nice library mixed in.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Not really going out on a limb. Comparing NY to about 99% of the country is an apples and oranges type deal.

You saying 99% of the country is like Syracuse?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Grew up in West Hartford, lived many years in Fairfield County, always liked the access to city, culture, food, country, woods, shore, and mountains that CT offers, plus relatively mild four season climate. Currently, Westville in New Haven provides the best blend of all, whether you mark it by 15 minutes, half hour, 45 minutes, 1-5 hour rings.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Agree. Well, nicest town center in the state for my money.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
What else would you want there? A roller coaster or something? It is dining and shopping with a movie theater and a nice library mixed in.

I'll go with the fiancé and let her shop Charming Charlie and White House/Black Market while I hang out at Barnes and Noble reading. But I'm a nerd so that interests me.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Bars? Girls?

It's got that. The Center and The Square on any Friday or Saturday night is packed. And it's a more upscale crowd than Downtown. It's like what you would find in the nice section of any other city. The "nice" section of Hartford still has a lot of dive bars.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know if upstater has been there very much. Every other place is a restaurant/bar in the Center and has plenty of girls and trophy wife eye candy. It is basically what downtown Hartford should be but for whatever reasons, didn't happen.

Reaction Score
MattMang23 said:
It's got that. The Center and The Square on any Friday or Saturday night is packed. And it's a more upscale crowd than Downtown. It's like what you would find in the nice section of any other city. The "nice" section of Hartford still has a lot of dive bars.

This topic drives me crazy. West Hartford IS the nice part of Hartford. Glastonbury is the nice part of Hartford too. The problem with Hartford is that it is geographically tiny. If West Hartford, East Hartford, Wetherfield and Glastonbury were all part of Hartford, Hartford would be considered a great city. The fact that our forefathers decided to draw lines where they did totally distorts what Greater Hartford really is. Cities like Cincinnati and Charlotte just go on for miles and include many, many areas that are 20 minutes from downtown. In Hartford you are out of Hartford and into West Hartford in 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
So we have a few UConn fans over there being incredibly cordial and the Iowa State people began complaining that this behavior is kind of boring.

So I start a thread congratulating them on making the sweet 16 and then I posted some smack that was so over the top that you would have to be pretty dumb to not see it was tongue in cheek.

I remarked on how they would be lucky if we didn't break Cy's other arm, and that I hope that they didn't waste 1/5th of their net worth on air travel and tickets because they would be headed back to Iowa empty handed and that they should expect two more months of winter/polar vortices and the best ice fishing for Walleye on earth...

I guess Iowans don't have much of a sense of humor.

Times like this make me appreciate the lack of an itchy trigger finger over here when it comes to bans..
A good amount of people that post there are in their 40s or older. I try to get them to lighten up and not take things so seriously all the time. A lot of them really do have no sense of humor. At the same time, I have had a lot of laughs over there. It is what it is I suppose.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
This topic drives me crazy. West Hartford IS the nice part of Hartford. Glastonbury is the nice part of Hartford too. The problem with Hartford is that it is geographically tiny. If West Hartford, East Hartford, Wetherfield and Glastonbury were all part of Hartford, Hartford would be considered a great city. The fact that our forefathers decided to draw lines where they did totally distorts what Greater Hartford really is. Cities like Cincinnati and Charlotte just go on for miles and include many, many areas that are 20 minutes from downtown. In Hartford you are out of Hartford and into West Hartford in 5 minutes.

Correct. I've been to plenty of other geographically larger cities. My fiancé is from Jax. Talk about huge.

But please(!) don't call my hometown the nice part of Hartford. We don't really want to be considered part of that rathole lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
North End of Hartford has its bright spots too. Especially late at night when the night is illuminated by the flash of guns.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
North End of Hartford has its bright spots too. Especially late at night when the night is illuminated by the flash of guns.

I used to drive through it at 2AM on the way home from the Civic Pub. Once I did so as a Reggae Fest of some kind had let out, and the streets were full of thousands of people. You couldn't drive. I also used to grab a diet Coke at the Shell station on Albany around the same time. Never had an issue, but I was just lucky.

Reaction Score
Funniest post on the Cyclone Fanatic is a guy who states, "Napier is a good player, but Kane is better." Come again?? In fairness most there give Shabazz props. Another poster highlights Shabazz' lesser scoring against 'good' competition while conveniently leaving out all games which don't support his argument.
Shabazz and Kane will be a great match up. It will be interesting to see if they defend each other although I guess Morris will be on Napier. Kane vs Smart was a great matchup as well all three times they played. Kane bested Smart 2 out of three times and the third was basically a wash. Shabazz is a stud...no doubt but don't underestimate Kane. Not saying he is better just will be a great match up

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A good amount of people that post there are in their 40s or older. I try to get them to lighten up and not take things so seriously all the time. A lot of them really do have no sense of humor. At the same time, I have had a lot of laughs over there. It is what it is I suppose.
Um, most on cyclone Fanatic are the 30 and younger crowd. Cyclone Report is the 40 and older crowd

Reaction Score
That was a big moment in the North East too, iirc. Lasted about six months til people realized those things take decades off your life.
I think people just realized that the Dunkin Donuts on every street corner was better than that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmirm0279

Top Bottom