CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
@superjohn thinks the guy on the team with the highest offensive efficiency, highest 3pt shooting %, highest fouls drawn, highest % of getting to the line, and highest FT % shouldn’t be the guy taking the shots at the end of the game and should be glued to the bench most of the game.

He’s an idiot plain and simple.
he's taken shots at the end of the game his entire career and never hits them. why would you want him taking those shots when he's proven he can't make them under pressure?

Reaction Score
he's taken shots at the end of the game his entire career and never hits them. why would you want him taking those shots when he's proven he can't make them under pressure?
Lol. This is such a bad argument it doesn't warrant a response.

Reaction Score
He’s receiving the ball at the end of shot clock with a lot of guys standing around not wanting the ball.
^^^^ This. We're running the weave for a good 10-15 seconds trying to find a way to the basket because the defense is packing it inside since we can't shoot. And then we give it back to Vital 30 feet from the basket hoping he does something.

Reaction Score
@superjohn thinks the guy on the team with the highest offensive efficiency, highest 3pt shooting %, highest fouls drawn, highest % of getting to the line, and highest FT % shouldn’t be the guy taking the shots at the end of the game and should be glued to the bench most of the game.

He’s an idiot plain and simple.

Highest 3 point shooting % ?
It's 30.8% for Vital on the season. You can't even post the truth and you are calling someone else an idiot. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Highest 3 point shooting % ?
It's 30.8% for Vital on the season. You can't even post the truth and you are calling someone else an idiot. Amazing.
Did you even check the rest of the teams 3pt shooting percentage?

Wait.

I'll do the research for you.

Bouknight - 29%
Brendan Adams - 30.6%
Wilson 27.3%
Gilbert 30.8% (Fewer attempts)
Akok - 28.6%
Gaffney 27.6%

He also has the highest career 3pt % of any player on the team.

Next time actually fact check me when you call me out.

Amazing.

Reaction Score
Did you even check the rest of the teams 3pt shooting percentage?

Wait.

I'll do the research for you.

Bouknight - 29%
Brendan Adams - 30.6%
Wilson 27.3%
Gilbert 30.8% (Fewer attempts)
Akok - 28.6%
Gaffney 27.6%

Next time actually fact check me when you call me out.

Amazing.
Polley shot over 40% on threes.

Reaction Score
This can't be a serious post.

Would you like to put him out there on crutches?

Would you like to stop making crap up? Just because a guy got injured his stats don't count?

30.8% on threes is not good. Even you should be able to see that.

Reaction Score
Would you like to stop making crap up? Just because a guy got injured his stats don't count?

No his stats don't count because he can't play. I'm talking about the present team. And presently, Vital has the highest 3pt% and highest career 3pt %. If you're down 3, Vital is taking that shot and he should. 30.8% is not good, it's awful. But it's slightly less awful than the rest of the team.

Reaction Score

I think you've lost sight of the current conversation at hand. I think we can all clearly look at stats and see Polley's 3P% but he isn't available.

Reaction Score
No his stats don't count because he can't play. I'm talking about the present team. And presently, Vital has the highest 3pt% and highest career 3pt %. If you're down 3, Vital is taking that shot and he should. 30.8% is not good, it's awful. But it's slightly less awful than the rest of the team.

You've admitted that Vital's three-point percentage is awful yet you still want him taking a three-point shot at the end of the game. Perfect.

Reaction Score
You've admitted that Vital's three-point percentage is awful yet you still want him taking a three-point shot at the end of the game. Perfect.

Am I in the twilight zone????????

YES I want him taking the 3 point shot. HES THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER ON THE TEAM THAT'S HEALTHY

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He was the best outside shooter we had available. You know this. He shot 40% last year. Polley is not available so is irrelevant.

It's becoming truly annoying the way people focus on one or two plays late in a game, and not the other opportunities we had to put the game away well before that. Vital was far from our biggest problem against Memphis.

Reaction Score
You guys ever play pickup basketball and everyone on the team is pretty good and plays defense pretty well and rebounds ok but it's a team full of Robins and no Batman on offense? You score a few buckets on fast breaks and a lucky shot here or there but when the score gets close to 11 everyone plays hot potato until someone drives into too much traffic or jacks up a contested jumper?

That's this year's team. Pretty decent defensively, but too many Robins and no Batman (or, more specifically, no one old enough to assume the mantle of the dark knight yet). It's head against the wall infuriating but it is what it is. Vital isn't great and I'm not a huge fan of his but he and AG look worse than they really are because they're forced to attempt something, anything at the end of the shot clock and they just can't.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Lol. This is such a bad argument it doesn't warrant a response.
It doesn't warrant a response or you can't think of one? Vital and Gilbert have proven time and again they can't make the big shot. You refuting this point makes you seem like an absolute moron.

Reaction Score
It doesn't warrant a response or you can't think of one? Vital and Gilbert have proven time and again they can't make the big shot. You refuting this point makes you seem like an absolute moron.

Tell us more about the APR theory we saw confirmed by Gilbert's role in the Memphis game.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Tell us more about the APR theory we saw confirmed by Gilbert's role in the Memphis game.
I have absolutely no inside knowledge and have never claimed to. I did not endorse that theory in any way. I was explaining what Chief was getting at to someone who didn't understand what he was saying.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You should know when you've been spanked.

Reaction Score
You're talking about taking one of the smallest sample sizes out there (Shots down 2/3 in the final 2 minutes), with something that's often been defined as unquantifiable (clutch factor) and saying that's statistically more relevant than 4 seasons worth of statistics. That's not how math works.

Reaction Score
Am I in the twilight zone????????

YES I want him taking the 3 point shot. HES THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER ON THE TEAM THAT'S HEALTHY
What are you even going to post about when Vital is gone next year and we have better players?

You will have no one to defend next year bc we won’t have anyone jacking up bad 3’s at the end of the games and we won’t be losing pretty much every single game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're both correct. Vital and Gilbert are not clutch in tight situations. Unfortunately no one else has stepped up either. It was particularly obvious in this game. So you have to play the percentages in spite of the bad options. Dave never advocated for Vital taking end of game shots. He supported the choice given the circumstances.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What are you even going to post about when Vital is gone next year and we have better players?

You will have no one to defend next year bc we won’t have anyone jacking up bad 3’s at the end of the games and we won’t be losing pretty much every single game.
He'll support someone else and you and several other posters will dump on someone else if the team underperforms.

Reaction Score
One of the best twitter posts I've seen about CV was something like:

"Christian Vital time" - Christian Vital

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg