CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games

Reaction Score
What are you even going to post about when Vital is gone next year and we have better players?

You will have no one to defend next year bc we won’t have anyone jacking up bad 3’s at the end of the games and we won’t be losing pretty much every single game.

Vital isn't even my favorite player on this team. I'm just tired of the negative rap a top 200 player gets that's wildly outperformed expectations over the course of his career. He impacts the game in ways not many other UConn guards have (Steals and Rebounds mainly). Statistically speaking, Vital had one of the better offensive years a UConn guard has ever had last year (against worst competition before you jump down my throat). This year has not been as great, but he's still leading the team in virtually every offensive category while having the highest efficiency (And i'm not saying his efficiency is good).

In a class of Durham, Jackson, Gilbert, Vital, and Diarra. The lowest ranked Vital has had the best career by FAR.

For all the problems this program has had over the last 4 years. Vital has not been the reason, and doesn't deserve to take the brunt of the fall like many fans are so willingly to burden him with.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's no accident the one time someone else took that last second shot it went in.

Reaction Score
He'll support someone else and you and several other posters will dump on someone else if the team underperforms.
I’ll hold you to what you said. CV is the only starting guard in UConn history I’ve ever had a problem with bc historically we’ve always had much better starting guards.

AG too but everyone agrees that he’s not good and he doesn’t have the other things well that CV does so i don’t have to deal with crazy backlash every time i point to his issues.

And I highly doubt davehuskiesfan supports anyone the way he Has supported CV

Reaction Score
Vital isn't even my favorite player on this team. I'm just tired of the negative rap a top 200 player gets that's wildly outperformed expectations over the course of his career. He impacts the game in ways not many other UConn guards have (Steals and Rebounds mainly). Statistically speaking, Vital had one of the better offensive years a UConn guard has ever had last year (against worst competition before you jump down my throat). This year has not been as great, but he's still leading the team in virtually every offensive category while having the highest efficiency (And i'm not saying his efficiency is good).

In a class of Durham, Jackson, Gilbert, Vital, and Diarra. The lowest ranked Vital has had the best career by FAR.

For all the problems this program has had over the last 4 years. Vital has not been the reason, and doesn't deserve to take the brunt of the fall like many fans are so willingly to burden him with.
You and I both know he would have bolted to the NBA if scouts didn’t give him a reality check. Hurley had to reel in his ego a year later. He wants to be the man. He never wanted to be the second or third guy. Finally he’s starting to get it and be slightly more passive. Everything he does outside of his offensive game is great bc if it wasn’t he wouldn’t be on the court. CV especially offensive is not as good as he sees himself not as good you see him. I’ve had a problem with his ego since his sophomore year bc he has NEVER ONCE backed it up. That’s the honest truth. He needs to know what and who he is. A role player. And he should absolutely be deferring to Bouknight for shots in crutch time if he can. We have had far better players with way less ego. It’s frustrating seeing a mediocre player literally flex on other teams and stare at the opposite bench as we are losing. He irked me for a long time and we will improve a lot when he is gone. I’ll be here to tell you I told you so mid season next year. Whether you like it or not

Reaction Score
Nobody else is willing to take a shot with the clock winding down. I’ve never seen more guys try to avoid being the guy in my life. Bunch of Mr Novembers.

Reaction Score
You and I both know he would have bolted to the NBA if scouts didn’t give him a reality check. Hurley had to reel in his ego a year later. He wants to be the man. He never wanted to be the second or third guy. Finally he’s starting to get it and be slightly more passive. Everything he does outside of his offensive game is great bc if it wasn’t he wouldn’t be on the court. CV especially offensive is not as good as he sees himself not as good you see him. I’ve had a problem with his ego since his sophomore year bc he has NEVER ONCE backed it up. That’s the honest truth. He needs to know what and who he is. A role player. And he should absolutely be deferring to Bouknight for shots in crutch time if he can. We have had far better players with way less ego. It’s frustrating seeing a mediocre player literally flex on other teams and stare at the opposite bench as we are losing. He irked me for a long time and we will improve a lot when he is gone. I’ll be here to tell you I told you so mid season next year. Whether you like it or not

Seriously?? Defer to Bouknight? Who hasn’t hit a jumper since November and gets rid of the ball as fast as he can when time is running out? You guys have raised Bouknight to a level which is totally undeserved based on his level of play. And he might as well be on the bench when we need a shot at the end of a game. He is that unwilling.

Reaction Score

Vital does lots of good things. He is the best rebounding guard that UConn has had since I began following UConn in 1980 or so. He gets lots of steals, always hustles, plays good D and scores a bunch of points.

That said, the flip side is poor decision making and poor shot selection, and RARELY coming up big at crunch time. If our leading scorer can't come up big at crunch time it's going to result in lots of losses in close games. And unfortunately that's where we're at.

And for what it's worth, I think Vital is actually a good shooter. His shooting percentage doesn't reflect that because of the bad shots that he takes but if he was more disciplined that percentage would actually look pretty good, IMO.

Reaction Score
Seriously?? Defer to Bouknight? Who hasn’t hit a jumper since November and gets rid of the ball as fast as he can when time is running out? You guys have raised Bouknight to a level which is totally undeserved based on his level of play. And he might as well be on the bench when we need a shot at the end of a game. He is that unwilling.

How about that one buddy? Eat your dang crow right now

Reaction Score
How about that one buddy? Eat your dang crow right now
Easy to say after a performance like that. Up to this point, who knew he could do it?

Reaction Score
Easy to say after a performance like that. Up to this point, who knew he could do it?
Me! lol. All love man. At the end of the day we all love our huskies together

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom