CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games | The Boneyard

CV hacking up bad 3's at the end of games

Reaction Score
First, let me say I respect Vital. He plays hard. Is a great ft and rebounder and deserves to be out there at the end of the game, but there is one glaring deficiency to his game.

Hacking up poor 3 pointers late in the 2nd half.

I don't know how many games this year that UConn has been either up by a point or down by a point or two and CV will hack up a contested or flat footed 3 point shot that doesn't go down and always leads to the opposition scoring and UConn eventually going down.

I mean he is a senior and I guess he just isn't going to learn. But in my eyes those poor shots when the game is on the line has led to at least half of the losses that we have had this season.

If someone has CV's ear, please PLEASE tell him to only shoot the 3 if he is open. No more forced 3's at the end of the game!

Reaction Score
First, let me say I respect Vital. He plays hard. Is a great ft and rebounder and deserves to be out there at the end of the game, but there is one glaring deficiency to his game.

Hacking up poor 3 pointers late in the 2nd half.

I don't know how many games this year that UConn has been either up by a point or down by a point or two and CV will hack up a contested or flat footed 3 point shot that doesn't go down and always leads to the opposition scoring and UConn eventually going down.

I mean he is a senior and I guess he just isn't going to learn. But in my eyes those poor shots when the game is on the line has led to at least half of the losses that we have had this season.

If someone has CV's ear, please PLEASE tell him to only shoot the 3 if he is open. No more forced 3's at the end of the game!
Open threes from a guy shooting 40% from three on the day with ten seconds left on the shot clock is now a bad shot. Good to know.

Reaction Score
That was not an open 3. It was contested and he shot it flat footed.
This guy never gets off his knees when it comes to Vital. It was obviously a bad shot and led to another three the other way. Way more egregious was Vital not knowing time and score and purposely fouling with 50+ seconds. Probably the dumbest play since Roscoe's full court heave. DaveHuskiesFan also thinks that was the refs fault.

Reaction Score
We have no inside game.
Exactly. Gaffney isn't going to drive to the basket, people get up in arms about Gilbert driving to the basket, what gives folks?! Vital is the best outside shooter currently on the roster. The freshmen all threw up a bunch of airballs and Adams did as well. Vital has the guts to shoot when he's open and he will. If you can't get the ball inside what else are you going to do? Bouk's mid range game isn't there. Aside from the free throw line and layups I cant remember a jump shot that he made, maybe 1 or 2?

Reaction Score
Vital wants to be the hero so badly and it's truly remarkable how he continues to beat the statistics and not hit the shot. Literally it's statistically impossible how bad this team is at the end of the game

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This guy never gets off his knees when it comes to Vital. It was obviously a bad shot and led to another three the other way. Way more egregious was Vital not knowing time and score and purposely fouling with 50+ seconds. Probably the dumbest play since Roscoe's full court heave. DaveHuskiesFan also thinks that was the refs fault.
Swinging by for a gratuitous two-fer, after pretty much all contours of the original post have been explored.
Triggered much by @DaveHuskiesFan?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Everyone knew after Vital's miss from the left wing that Quinones was drilling the corner 3.
Seemingly not those in the dark uniform.
This is a pattern, and not just at the end of games.

PS - Gave it a Like, but a sad emoji would be better here.

Reaction Score
Maybe Vital needs to have the benefit of a set play with a screen to get open? No one else wants of can take 5 hat shot now. CV is our most clutch player.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, unless you think of hacking (coughing) up a lung. Jacking up 3's would be more fitting.
For those with cats, "hacking up an airball" might have a familiar ring to it.

Reaction Score
Lol tag me next time. Look at Vitals reaction immediately after the foul was called. He was not trying to foul intentionally. It was a dumb reach in by him but an insanely soft foul.

Reaction Score
Swinging by for a gratuitous two-fer, after pretty much all contours of the original post have been explored.
Triggered much by @DaveHuskiesFan?
@superjohn thinks the guy on the team with the highest offensive efficiency, highest 3pt shooting %, highest fouls drawn, highest % of getting to the line, and highest FT % shouldn’t be the guy taking the shots at the end of the game and should be glued to the bench most of the game.

He’s an idiot plain and simple.

Reaction Score
@superjohn thinks the guy on the team with the highest offensive efficiency, highest 3pt shooting %, highest fouls drawn, highest % of getting to the line, and highest FT % shouldn’t be the guy taking the shots at the end of the game and should be glued to the bench most of the game.

He’s an idiot plain and simple.
Thank you for saying this so I didn't have to!

Reaction Score
Maybe draw up some late game plays that don’t always break down? They’re so good at the beginning of halves and after timeouts, there has to be something better than letting the shot clock run down.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
It's shocking how automatic it is that the opposition will score on the position after the hero ball threes vital puts up. Feel like I'm watching the gba

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The key is not being in a position to need to jack up 3's with under 4 minutes left. You do that by not missing dunks and otherwise wasting possessions.

Memphis officially had 135 turnovers. That game should not have been close.

I am also not sure who else you want shooting there, it's not like we have a ton of other go to options because we were down late in spite of the other team committing 135 turnovers. It's a 40 minute game, we tend to lose them before we get to the end, in spite of us not being able to score at the end of halves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom