Current QB situation... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we don’t play him, Randy better tell him the job is his come spring. We cannot lose him. The rest of the QBs are expendable based on what we’ve seen. I’m most interested in keeping Steven Krajewski and Micah because I already know Beaudry and Jack Zergiotis aren’t the answer. I’m not a big believer that we can rebuild Jack Zergiotis’s motion and turn him into an FBS QB in 8 months.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we don’t play him, Randy better tell him the job is his come spring. We cannot lose him. The rest of the QBs are expendable based on what we’ve seen. I’m most interested in keeping Steven Krajewski and Micah because I already know Beaudry and Jack Zergiotis aren’t the answer. I’m not a big believer that we can rebuild Jack Zergiotis’s motion and turn him into an FBS QB in 8 months.

and with Micah is it randy evaluating him like he did Jack Zergiotis with the “it” factor. I find it hard to believe he’s the guy not being on any recruiting services radar or any other D1 offers radar. But that’s none of our business☕️

Reaction Score

I completely disagree with you on Jack Zergiotis, I still think he can be a very good QB and I would hate to see him leave. For point of reference Jack Zergiotis has done more as a Freshman than Tim Boyle and look where Boyle is now.

Many here are way too quick to pass judgement on players who graduated from high school just 6 months ago.

Reaction Score
When basically your entire team is too young/inexperienced you got major issues across the board. We are at the epitome of being patient up in Storrs CT gentlemen.. It sucks royally, but, it is what it is.... for now...

Reaction Score

If Randy promises any job to any player for the spring than he should be fired (not that he shouldn’t already be fired)

Every position should be open next year. The team was horrible this year.

Reaction Score
If Randy promises any job to any player for the spring than he should be fired (not that he shouldn’t already be fired)

Every position should be open next year. The team was horrible this year.

Welcome to life with a transfer portal. Show players you need on your roster some love or you will lose them. If I’m Steven Krajewski and I still feel Jack Zergiotis is the leader in the clubhouse, I’m in the portal.

Steven Krajewski is a player that may have an NFL future. He’s got to look out for himself

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Senecal the only QB for 2020? Sounds like Babers wanted him. Hope his recovery is going well.

Reaction Score
Welcome to life with a transfer portal. Show players you need some love or lose them. If I’m Steven Krajewski and I still feel Jack Zergiotis is the leader in the clubhouse, I’m in the portal.

Steven Krajewski is a player that may have an NFL future. He’s got to look out for himself

Then that is on the player. Telling a kid they are the starter going into spring is not fair to anyone.

my hope is Steven Krajewski plays the entirety of the next two games so that he can properly be evaluated. If he shows a glimpse he can be the guy, great. If not, then staff needs to get to work ASAP.

Reaction Score
I definitely get the impression UCONN was very aggressive in trying to get a grad transfer/JUCO QB. I am sure Beaudry was not their first choice.

I have been extremely down on the program and the AD and rightfully so. But I think we have to be realists in recruiting. I chuckle when people don’t understand why we couldn’t get a four star local kid or Jalen Hurts.

Here is what we are working against:
- We are a school with no conference.
- We have been horrendous
- We run a 1950’s offense
- For those with marginal grades, we can’t offer

But. . .
- awesome facilities
- opportunity to change a program
- great academic institution and awesome campus

now what can we do to make it even more appealing?
- fire coach and get someone to run an offense that will appeal to recruits
- relax the grade requirement (say for about 25% of roster)

Why should we relax the grade requirements? If UConn does that, I'll never give them anymore money. I graduated UConn and if they do, I'll never hire another UConn alumni.

We are a university, not a minor league franchise for the NFL. Stanford and Northwestern are tough to get into...

Reaction Score
Stanford and Northwestern are tough to get into...
Seriously @HuskyDogArt , you actually think Stanford and Northwestern don’t loosen their respective admissions standards for recruited athletes, other applicants the schools identify as desirable (musical talents), offspring of parents donating grande dinero, offspring of corporate and governmental leaders), legacies, etc? In addition, Yale, Harvard, all Ivies, etc.? Good one Carl

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why should we relax the grade requirements? If UConn does that, I'll never give them anymore money. I graduated UConn and if they do, I'll never hire another UConn alumni.

We are a university, not a minor league franchise for the NFL. Stanford and Northwestern are tough to get into...
They’re football players. Do you really think what college someone goes to makes them a a better employee?

Reaction Score
Then that is on the player. Telling a kid they are the starter going into spring is not fair to anyone.

my hope is Steven Krajewski plays the entirety of the next two games so that he can properly be evaluated. If he shows a glimpse he can be the guy, great. If not, then staff needs to get to work ASAP.

Good luck. Its a different world now. We will likely have significant turnover on the roster. Beaudry and Jack Zergiotis aren't the answer. Give Steven Krajewski the nod in a private meeting and keep him around. The tea leaves already indicate he may be weighing options. This isn't a kid to play tough with. We need him in the fold.

This roster may implode due to the ease of transfer these days. Frankly, that may be what we need to show our administration that Randy is past his expiration date. I want him to succeed but if he can't hang onto his top QB prospect and half the OL, we've got a problem worse than previously anticipated.

Reaction Score
Good luck. Its a different world now. We will likely have significant turnover on the roster. Beaudry and Jack Zergiotis aren't the answer. Give Steven Krajewski the nod in a private meeting and keep him around. The tea leaves already indicate he may be weighing options. This isn't a kid to play tough with. We need him in the fold.

This roster may implode due to the ease of transfer these days. Frankly, that may be what we need to show our administration that Randy is past his expiration date. I want him to succeed but if he can't hang onto his top QB prospect and half the OL, we've got a problem worse than previously anticipated.
Who are you saying the top QB prospect is? HCRE2.0 had plenty of time to look at Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski before the Illinois game and he jumped over the 2nd string guy to pick the 3rd string guy, and then giving him "he's go IT" stamp of approval and making him the starter going forward after one game as a true freshman. You saying Jack Zergiotis isn't the answer, you better go tell HCRE2.0 before he makes a mistake on starting QB for the ECU game.

Reaction Score
Who are you saying the top QB prospect is? HCRE2.0 had plenty of time to look at Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski before the Illinois game and he jumped over the 2nd string guy to pick the 3rd string guy, and then giving him "he's go IT" stamp of approval and making him the starter going forward after one game as a true freshman. You saying Jack Zergiotis isn't the answer, you better go tell HCRE2.0 before he makes a mistake on starting QB for the ECU game.

Micah Leon and Steve Krajewski will be our two QBs going forward.. that’s my prediction..

Reaction Score
We can pretend to take the party line all we want, bottom line is right now Steven Krajewski is our only viable QB. Maybe Senecal or Micah Leon pan out.

Beaudry is overmatched at this level and Jack Zergiotis is a project at best due to horrible mechanics. Again, Tim Tebow couldn’t fully fix his mechanics, I doubt Jack Zergiotis does.

Reaction Score
Yup.

Reaction Score
With UConn leaving the AAC, what are the chances that the NCAA allows all players a one time transfer with immediate eligibility? If that happens then I can agree with you that the roster will implode.

Reaction Score
You guys jump on Leon like you did Jack Zergiotis and Beaudry off of the fact that he comes from a P5 school as a walk on practice non traveling member. Look up his HS didn’t break 2k yards passing or even 15 tds. Not one division one school even offered him a partial scholarship. Nor did any of the major recruiting service even have him as a 2 star.

Reaction Score
Randy also had plenty of time to look at MB and Steven Krajewski and how did that work out?

Reaction Score
We can pretend to take the party line all we want, bottom line is right now Steven Krajewski is our only viable QB. Maybe Senecal or Micah Leon pan out.

Beaudry is overmatched at this level and Jack Zergiotis is a project at best due to horrible mechanics. Again, Tim Tebow couldn’t fully fix his mechanics, I doubt Jack Zergiotis does.

how do you know Steven Krajewski is a viable QB? That’s all I have been trying to point out. We have zero idea if he can succeed at this level, so Randy better play him every second of every one of the remaining games to see how he does.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski made the easy throws, he scrambled effectively and he has the body you want a protypical QB to have.

I’m not sure why people keep pretending that others are declaring Steven Krajewski the savior, no one is. Nobody is saying that Micah Leon is a good QB either. What we are saying clear as day is that Beaudry and Jack Zergiotis aren’t good. Therefore, it is imperative we keep the other guys. Frankly, they can’t be worse and they might be better. That’s all most of us are saying.

Reaction Score
You guys jump on Leon like you did Jack Zergiotis and Beaudry off of the fact that he comes from a P5 school as a walk on practice non traveling member. Look up his HS didn’t break 2k yards passing or even 15 tds. Not one division one school even offered him a partial scholarship. Nor did any of the major recruiting service even have him as a 2 star.

None of that matters right now. When you arrive on campus it’s all about what you do on campus. I don’t care if we have a 5 star, if he is outplayed by the 2 star, play the 2 star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom