CT Town for long wkend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CT Town for long wkend

Reaction Score
Gotta go Guilford or Madison for small town New England on the shore. Close enough to New Haven to take advantage of the previous solid recommendation of going to Pepe's. Should be some decent deals -- Madison Beach Hotel is nice, but overpriced in season. Guilford has one of the best greens in the state. North I'd go Litchfield or maybe Kent.

Reaction Score
There's a reason monied New Yorkers have second homes in Litchfield County. Very New England at the foothills of the Berkshires. Village feel with sophisticated dining. Kent is an antiquing center. Unfortunately you will have just missed prime foliage season.

Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern...?

It was 40 degrees here today with the sun out at 2pm.

Eastern Connecticut should bid to hold the Winter Olympics.
Skiing on Mt Mansfield?

Reaction Score
You either want to go Northwest (Litchfield/Kent etc.) or Southeast (Mystic. You won't find much in between that checks all of your boxes. Either place has good restaurants and things to do/see. So I'd base my decision on whether I prefer hills/countryside or New England coastal scenery.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The renovated Target and the somewhat new Costco are nice too. You also forgot about Eastside.

Nah, they're not interested in Eastside. The area surrounding that restaurant is a nice place to take a stroll at night, though. Hopefully they add that to their list of things to do in HHNB

Reaction Score
If you're driving from NYC, New Milford is a good central location to be nearby other NW CT tourist spots like Kent, Litchfield, Bantam, etc. Beautiful driving too. Spent an AirBnb overnight in New Milford for wife's bday earlier this month.
If in New Milford try Zaragoza (tapas) or Luccias (really good Italian).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Stonington if you like the water.

Litchfield or Salisbury if you like the hills/mountains. You could also catch a show at the Infinity Theater in Norfolk if you stay out that way.

Reaction Score
Please stop. I'm getting homesick.
Wait a minute. It's 48° and cloudy up there?! It's cloudy here too, but it's 79°. I think I'll stay here a while longer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Down in Jersey we've had zero foliage color. Leaves stayed green and just now are starting to drop. Has is beena good season in Connecticut?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Down in Jersey we've had zero foliage color. Leaves stayed green and just now are starting to drop. Has is beena good season in Connecticut?

no. quite the opposite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom