CT Town for long wkend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CT Town for long wkend

Reaction Score
I was hoping you didn’t mean the Dolly Madison.
That place is still in business? Shady acquaintance of mine in Chicago was the chef there many years ago.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for the OP.

Please continue to support UConn basketball.

And go to Litchfield.

Reaction Score
That place is still in business? Shady acquaintance of mine in Chicago was the chef there many years ago.
It’s not the Dolly anymore. Changed hands, had a fire, was renovated. Still has some of the dive bar feel the Dolly has, but much cleaner with better food. It’s now called Christy’s and is one of the better breakfast/brunch spots around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s not the Dolly anymore. Changed hands, had a fire, was renovated. Still has some of the dive bar feel the Dolly has, but much cleaner with better food. It’s now called Christy’s and is one of the better breakfast/brunch spots around.
Yeah my kids love it, but it still smells like a monkey house to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You picked the right weekend. You can go snorkling without even being on the 95 corridor.

Reaction Score
I took 44 to Providence last week and was pleasantly surprised how scenic it was in the area of Pomfret and Putnam. I had never really been out there. Putnam had a nice downtown with a lot of shops and restaurants.

Hartford suburbs- West Hartford, Simsbury and Avon
Litchfield Hills- Litchfield, Kent, Salisbury
Shore (probably wouldn't go there in October)- Madison, Old Saybrook, Stonington, Mystic
Fairfield County- Westport, New Canaan

For agreat scenic ride take Rt 33 north from Westport to Wilton and north to beautiful Ridgefield. Enjoy!!!

Reaction Score

Same family owns it. Long story short Dave the sketchy guy who ran it/bartender and would roofy girls drinks tried suing his family to get full ownership. Didn't work out the rest/ other side of family took it over and exiled him from the establishment. It's now Christie's.

Reaction Score
Same family owns it. Long story short Dave the sketchy guy who ran it/bartender and would roofy girls drinks tried suing his family to get full ownership. Didn't work out the rest/ other side of family took it over and exiled him from the establishment. It's now Christie's.

Is this affiliated in any way with the Christie’s in Westbrook?

Reaction Score
How's things in Tahoe? Quiet up here in Taconic, crappy year for foliage. Everything is muted, probably from all the rain we've had.

Tahoe is still great, almost 75 degree's today. You still buy a pass at mohawk??

Reaction Score
Tahoe is still great, almost 75 degree's today. You still buy a pass at mohawk??
My daughters are on Housy's ski team, so they both get season passes. For as little skiing I do anymore, I save it for Vermont.

Reaction Score
Southport harbor area is worthy of vacation time. I was incorrect about the Gold Coast. Pequot War memorial nearby where it ended and houses going back to the late 1600s and very early 1700s.

Brewster Street in Black Rock has potential. If there's a place to stay around there. The Thomas Wheeler House; house dates back to 1640. Black Rock is another spot worthy.

Plenty of other old buildings in both areas.

Reaction Score
Oh interesting, didn't know this back story. I don't know what really changed between pre-fire Christy's and post-fire Christy's... but the general quality of the food seems to have been greatly improved.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My wife and I are looking for a recommendation for a town in CT to visit for a long weekend in early November. Driving up from NYC. Just looking for some place nice, small-town, relaxing, with outdoor activities within a short drive and good food. We will have a car, and are pretty flexible in general. Probably coming up the weekend of November 10-12.

Thanks very much in advance. Go Huskies!

Captured in Time - Living History in Connecticut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom