CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | Page 4 | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

Reaction Score
He is not the best player in the state. He compiled awesome stats playing in class M. Josh Jobe is the best player playing in the state.
The most highly recruited player in the state is easily Drew Pyne of New Canaan, already has offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, FSU, Clemson, Michigan, USC and Notre Dame. The state of CT has not had a QB this highly recruited since Sandy Ocsieki, Kurt Horton, or Rico Brogna. Word is Pyne is a Notre Dame lean. As to this year's senior class, the best player in the state is David Summers.

Reaction Score
Gametime listed him at 5'11" 190, in an article.
You think SPB got the measuring tape and scale out? That's just his listed height weight on maxpreps. Everyone inflates those

Reaction Score
Yes I read what you wrote and my reply is the only one that's two inches shorter and 15lbs lighter is you.
You don't understand. SPB just used the listed height/weight from maxpreps. Teams always inflate those numbers. They have been inflating height/weight on Maxpreps since it has been around. From what I've seen he does not appear to be 5'11 190. He looks to be 5'9-5'10 175-180. Maybe @mauconnfan can do some mausurements

Killingly's roster lists the big kid #59 at 6'0". Lockwood is easily 2 inches shorter than him. the kid #12 is listed at 5'9.
upload_2017-12-12_19-25-30.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As to this year's senior class, the best player in the state is David Summers.
Isn’t Summers only a junior?
I assumed he was a senior when I heard he was only going to play one year for St Joe's, after transferring. Maybe not.
He’s Class of 2019.
Well I'm only speculating here "huskymedic" but if he is a junior then he is class of 2019. That would be my guess.

Jesus you’re dense.

Reaction Score
You are wrong in that it isn’t the reason why no one is recruiting this kid. The lack of white RBs in the NFL keeps Bryant and Central from recruiting someone? Holy Cross and Assumption reject white running backs?

Btw - Robbie Frye was going to be at the top of the depth chart until the school didn’t let him in a grad program. Was he white enough for you?

Not to mention Max Delorenzo too

Just on the side lines here but you both make a point for Sportstart here. I wondered often how they did not get more use out of Robbie, as for Max it was mind boggling how he was never given more touches. His yards per carry were often more than those that started ahead of him.
Absolutely no spitting match with either of you, whaler or doctor just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
Just on the side lines here but you both make a point for Sportstart here. I wondered often how they did not get more use out of Robbie, as for Max it was mind boggling how he was never given more touches. His yards per carry were often more than those that started ahead of him.
Absolutely no spitting match with either of you, whaler or doctor just my 2 cents.

Frey, I believe, would have been a phenomenal RB for us. He already showed he had good speed and shiftyness the year before he transferred.

Reaction Score
The most highly recruited player in the state is easily Drew Pyne of New Canaan, already has offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, FSU, Clemson, Michigan, USC and Notre Dame. The state of CT has not had a QB this highly recruited since Sandy Ocsieki, Kurt Horton, or Rico Brogna. Word is Pyne is a Notre Dame lean. As to this year's senior class, the best player in the state is David Summers.
Isn’t Levis(?) from Xavier a Penn State recruit? Preseason he was supposed to be the best QB, I thought.

Reaction Score
Those guys got recruited to play D1 football. Sportsart is arguing that they wouldn’t even get an offer.

So those two examples contradict art’s point, not the other way around.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You don't understand. SPB just used the listed height/weight from maxpreps. Teams always inflate those numbers. They have been inflating height/weight on Maxpreps since it has been around. From what I've seen he does not appear to be 5'11 190. He looks to be 5'9-5'10 175-180. Maybe @mauconnfan can do some mausurements

Killingly's roster lists the big kid #59 at 6'0". Lockwood is easily 2 inches shorter than him. the kid #12 is listed at 5'9.
View attachment 26907

Wow, just let it go. Who cares. Okay, you are right and now you can go on biotching about something else.

The kid is a tough player, who is the Gatorade player of the year and that won't be taken from him, because you don't think he is worthy

Reaction Score
Wow, just let it go. Who cares. Okay, you are right and now you can go on biotching about something else.

The kid is a tough player, who is the Gatorade player of the year and that won't be taken from him, because you don't think he is worthy
No, Bill, I'm just trying to explain it to Rob. I don't personally give a crap

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Robbie was behind Jordan Todman?

Spitballin there....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom