CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

Reaction Score
Just on the side lines here but you both make a point for Sportstart here. I wondered often how they did not get more use out of Robbie, as for Max it was mind boggling how he was never given more touches. His yards per carry were often more than those that started ahead of him.
Absolutely no spitting match with either of you, whaler or doctor just my 2 cents.

Wait so it’s your position that Frye and DeLorenzo didn’t get more carries because they’re white?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
DeLorenzo buried himself with fumbles on Day 1 with VV.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Is the kid better than Dobbs? And he is going to CCSU.
And was Newsome that much better than Dobbs?

Reaction Score
Is the kid better than Dobbs? And he is going to CCSU.
And was Newsome that much better than Dobbs?
He did get the Gatorade CT State POY over Dobbs, piled up some great numbers, but played against fairly weak competition, as did Dobbs.

Reaction Score
The Gatorade award does not consider any of the Prep school kids and is NOT based purely on talent.

>>Gatorade Player of the Year program recognizes the nation’s most outstanding high school student-athletes for their athletic excellence, academic achievement and exemplary character.<<

It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Frey, I believe, would have been a phenomenal RB for us. He already showed he had good speed and shiftyness the year before he transferred.
Agree 100%, and if you watched him closely or met him to speak, on the field or in his voice he had the tenacity of a linebacker.

Robbie was behind Jordan Todman?
Spitballin there....
Yes I hear you loud and clear on Todman he was and is still an elite RB. My take is that at the time I thought what we all called Mr Vanilla ran Todman too much. I get it in the day Randy went with his core. Having said that I also believe Todman took a pounding that year and seeing what was coming up for an O line helped make his decision to go pro.
Just my opinion now as it was then Robbie should have got more touches and given Todman a few less hits. Their yards per carry were pretty much the same.
UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Football

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So, are we gonna offer this kid from Killingly?
Remember that NJ kid Edsall pulled the scholarship offer from? That kid at least ended up at Lafayette, I believe. If this kid doesn't have a single offer from the 250 Division 3 schools in New England, he must be slower than hell in an official 40.

Reaction Score
Remember that NJ kid Edsall pulled the scholarship offer from? That kid at least ended up at Lafayette, I believe. If this kid doesn't have a single offer from the 250 Division 3 schools in New England, he must be slower than hell in an official 40.
He definitely has "come play for us" offers at the D3 level, but athletic scholarships are a totally different beast

Reaction Score

I can't see him being that slow, I mean kids from Barlow, Trinity Catholic, Berlin and Jonathan Law could not catch him, and he's listed at 5'11" 190 by GameTimeCT. I'd be shocked if no one took a chance on him or at least gave him preferred walk-on.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He definitely has "come play for us" offers at the D3 level, but athletic scholarships are a totally different beast
That's true, I assume the Division 3 schools can make "merit" money available to athletes they want, but it's a big difference from getting a full ride in Divison 1. Is he holding out committing anywhere until he knows no Div 1 offers are coming?

Reaction Score
That's true, I assume the Division 3 schools can make "merit" money available to athletes they want, but it's a big difference from getting a full ride in Divison 1. Is he holding out committing anywhere until he knows no Div 1 offers are coming?
I'd assume so. He still has 5 or 6 months before he needs to make a decision as to where he's going to school. A lot of D3 and JuCo recruiting especially takes place in this time. I'd be surprised if none of the FCS or Ivy schools in New England offer this kid before all is said and done. But if not, NESCAC schools will hop in with some nice academic packages and he'll still go for free or at least very little.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd assume so. He still has 5 or 6 months before he needs to make a decision as to where he's going to school. A lot of D3 and JuCo recruiting especially takes place in this time. I'd be surprised if none of the FCS or Ivy schools in New England offer this kid before all is said and done. But if not, NESCAC schools will hop in with some nice academic packages and he'll still go for free or at least very little.

If Ivy’s are known for one thing it’s acceptance 8 weeks before the academic year starts.

Reaction Score
D2 unh and southern may offer up to 36 scholarships/financial aid equivalents. Also may be conference restricted for a max.

Reaction Score
Most D3 football players are locked up half way through a recruits senior season. I would be shocked if he gets an FCS or Ivy offer. I won't be shocked if he ends up with a full ride at a D3 school. Most of them end up paying for your school with other scholarship means.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
D2 unh and southern may offer up to 36 scholarships/financial aid equivalents. Also may be conference restricted for a max.

most kids that go D2 get half scholarships or partials, unless your are a total stud most dont get full rides.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Most D3 football players are locked up half way through a recruits senior season. I would be shocked if he gets an FCS or Ivy offer. I won't be shocked if he ends up with a full ride at a D3 school. Most of them end up paying for your school with other scholarship means.

DIII colleges are not allowed to offer athletic scholarships and the amount of practice time a coach can have is reduced; athletes here are competing for the love of competition. Schools can and do give financial aid through leadership grants and needs based financial aid but they are not the full rides.

Reaction Score
DIII colleges are not allowed to offer athletic scholarships and the amount of practice time a coach can have is reduced; athletes here are competing for the love of competition. Schools can and do give financial aid through leadership grants and needs based financial aid but they are not the full rides.
yeah, that's what they say, but if you're not getting tuition & board you went to the wrong school. Everyone I know that played D3 football didn't pay for anything but books

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom