CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Looks to have a very strong lower body with a one cut and then go type of back. I can see him an FCS school or maybe a walk-on at a UConn type. His competition is not good but he is a gamer for sure.

Reaction Score
He is not the best player in the state. He compiled awesome stats playing in class M. Josh Jobe is the best player playing in the state.
This excludes preps. And it's not like the Heisman. It means more than stats

Reaction Score
A player nobody wants.

Seriously have some of you people not learned anything?

Pretty sure we've had a few guys over the years that nobody wanted who turned out to be pretty good. Not saying we should offer the guy but his numbers at least deserve a preferred walk on invite no?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we've had a few guys over the years that nobody wanted who turned out to be pretty good. Not saying we should offer the guy but his numbers at least deserve a preferred walk on invite no?
UConn was Lutrus' only offer. Easley had to walk-on. Those guys had the size and speed to play D1 ball, though. Lockwood is probably 5'9, 5'10 max with a slight frame

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No. If the coaching staff doesn’t want him why would we want him based off a press release.

Rhode Island and Bryant are there. Central. Assumption. Holy Cross.

Yeah some players fall through the cracks. Most don’t.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

We also have had a lot of players with very few offers or even no D1 offers over the past 5 years and look at the results.

Reaction Score
FFS. It may be beyond hope.

We have an awful team because it’s a roster full of players NOBODY WANTED.

The way to fix that isn’t to go get kids that Bryant won’t travel 20 minutes to recruit.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand this. For every Lutrus or Will Beatty there’s 1,000 Ryan Dickens.

Reaction Score
Because guys like Sherman, Clements, and Torkleson just can’t play at the next level?

Sherman was a fullback and the others were 1AA.

Pay attention.

To Jimmy and the other nitwits please tell me the other white RB's who were the number 1 on UConn's RB depth chart.

I didn't make it up. Very few RB's that are white are stars on FBS teams.

By the way, Serrano you're just a punk who make comments with nothing to back it up.

Tell me how many white RB's were stars at UConn in the "modern era".

Unless you were named McCaffery (sp) from UCLA, white RB's are rare at a high level.

Please don't respond unless you have facts. It's not my fault for stating facts.

Reaction Score
Psst.. McCaffrey went to Stanford. Hurry - there is still time to edit. :p

It's funny because I hesitated but I figured what the hell, I don't mind making mistakes.

I really don't. But damn I knew I was wrong. :(

Reaction Score

Pay attention.

To Jimmy and the other nitwits please tell me the other white RB's who were the number 1 on UConn's RB depth chart.

By the way, Serrano you're just a punk who make comments with nothing to back it up.

Unless you were named McCaffery (sp) from UCLA, white RB's are rare at a high level.

Please don't respond unless you have facts. It's not my fault for stating facts.
Is it because blacks have that extra bone in our knee?

:D;)

Reaction Score

Pay attention.

I mean, this doesn’t even make any sense.

Woof101 liked your incoherent angry rambling. Says it all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I think you might have broke him for good this time.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine this kid pays for his college education. At least Central has to offer I'd think. Wonder if the Coast Guard Academy is an option? Seems to be a pretty bright, high character kid and Killingly is right there.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine this kid pays for his college education. At least Central has to offer I'd think. Wonder if the Coast Guard Academy is an option? Seems to be a pretty bright, high character kid and Killingly is right there.
he should play D3 at least. He could probably be a star in a run heavy D3 offense.

Reaction Score

I'll ask you again. Name the group of white RB's that play, not only FBS football, but have starred in the NFL.

That was my point on why this kid from Killingly was not getting offers.

Not so much because he is white but because it's just the way talent shows up.

Please only respond with why I am wrong.

By the way are there 12 people on this board who have actually met you or are you a friend of Nelson who know one admits to have ever met?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom