CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Spencer Lockwood from Killingly.... says in Gametime CT article he’s uncommitted

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
That’s the thing, a cousin of mine is on the killingly team. He has no offers.

What? How was he player of the year then?

polycom

Reaction Score
One can be a fine HS player without having the size/skill needed to compete on the collegiate level.

There are 1420 D1 schools with football programs... You're telling me your the best player in the state but don't have the skill needed to even get an offer at the next level?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are 1420 D1 schools with football programs... You're telling me your the best player in the state but don't have the skill needed to even get an offer at the next level?

I am.

Reaction Score
If he wants to keep playing football he can go to a good D3 program and get a really good education. He's a great HS running back but I don't think he's big or fast enough for FBS football. Maybe an FCS school will take a flyer on him

Reaction Score
What? How was he player of the year then?

>>The award, now in it’s 33rd year, “recognizes not only outstanding athletic excellence, but also high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character demonstrated on and off the field,” Gatorade said in a press release.

Lockwood has volunteered locally as an at-risk mentor for elementary school students, a food pantry and as a youth football coach. He has maintained a weighted 3.41 GPA in the classroom and is currently uncommitted to a college.<<

polycom

Reaction Score
Did some additional research looks like it's common for these PoY to be uncommitted. Not sure what their offers look like.

Reaction Score
Did some additional research looks like it's common for these PoY to be uncommitted. Not sure what their offers look like.
Some notable recent winners are Zach Allen (New Canaan) @ BC and Ben Mason (Newtown) @ Michigan. Most end up playing FCS or lower though

Reaction Score
You continue to embarrass yourself in multiple ways.

I just took a look at his tape. He isn't particularly shifty or fast, gets a decent amount of his yards running through arm tackles and bouncing off smaller defenders. If he can add 30 pounds he would probably be a good D1A fullback. I hope we give him a shot as a preferred walk-on. Anyone who rushes for 3,000 yards is worth a look.

A year of proving himself at the prep level might do him some good.

Reaction Score
I just took a look at his tape. He isn't particularly shifty or fast, gets a decent amount of his yards running through arm tackles and bouncing off smaller defenders. If he can add 30 pounds he would probably be a good D1A fullback. I hope we give him a shot as a preferred walk-on. Anyone who rushes for 3,000 yards is worth a look.

A year of proving himself at the prep level might do him some good.

You might be right but our offense doesn’t even employ a FB now.

The notion that he’s not getting offers because he’s white is one of the dumber things I’ve read on this board.

Reaction Score
A player nobody wants.

Seriously have some of you people not learned anything?
Isn't that similar to the Ragaini kid from AOF everyone here says is a legit prospect?

Reaction Score
He is not the best player in the state. He compiled awesome stats playing in class M. Josh Jobe is the best player playing in the state.

Reaction Score
He is not the best player in the state. He compiled awesome stats playing in class M. Josh Jobe is the best player playing in the state.
Who's he playing for and where is he going?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom