CT 2012 HS season thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CT 2012 HS season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome, carried 24 times for 164 yards and 2TDs, in Ansonia's 35-7 victory over Holy Cross.

Holy Cross held Ansonia to just 282 yards of total offense. Newsome, playing with an injured ankle, ripped off a 32 yard run on his first carry. He was Ansonia's only offensive option. Holy Cross did an outstanding job keep Ansonia's playmakers in front of them. Ansonia QB, Jai'Quan McKnight was just 1/6 for 13 yards on the night. That one reception went to Andrew Matos. Matos also had 4 carries for 29 yards and a TD. As well as Holy Cross played on defense, Ansonia was better. After starting QB, Christian Hamerling, threw an 18 yard pick six on HC's opening drive, to Ansonia's Raeshaun Finney. Holy Cross went to the "Wildcat" with super-sophomore Isaiah Wright and saw limited success in the first half. With Ansonia leading 14-0, HC was able to cut the lead in half. Following a botched Ansonia punt return, Wright took it in from 1 yard out. It was the first TD Ansonia's varsity has given up this season. Ansonia lead 21-7 at the half, on Matos' 4 yard burst. HC's saw the limited success it had offensively, dissipate in the second half. Ansonia held the Crusaders to 12 yards of offense the rest of the way. Newsome scored from 4 yards out, one play into the 4Q to give Ansonia a 28-7 lead. Jai'Quan McKnight added Ansonia's second pick six. On HC's next series, he took an Isaiah Wright pass 28 yards untouched to the endzone for the games final score.

Reaction Score
Watched film on Villard...he's very good has really good size but not fast enough to be an HB in the BCS imo so he's gettimg about the level of recruitment I'd expect...but that being said if he worked out a lot he could definitely fill up a roster spot with his athleticism.
Also Fairfield Prep DESTROYED Shelton, who I honestly thought was solid...they are probably the most underrated team in the state, played X as closely as anyone over the last few years...
Ansonia will never miss a beat, but it will be interesting to see how Newsome plays with an injured ankle because a mild sprain can take away your speed, which could be why he is averaged about 7 ypg
Some real showdowns this week with Hand Vs. Xavier, Cheshire Vs. Prep and a few others. I might make one of them

Reaction Score
Maybe someone here can tell me if Hamden is any good this year or not but DeAngelo Berry from Xavier rushed for 207 yards and 5td's last night on only 17 carries. Pretty solid stats.

Reaction Score
Maybe someone here can tell me if Hamden is any good this year or not but DeAngelo Berry from Xavier rushed for 207 yards and 5td's last night on only 17 carries. Pretty solid stats.

Not good... Few skill players.Wasn't that close. Hamden did drop two passes that could have been big gainers/TD. Hamden QB broke off a big run for score.

Reaction Score
Not good... Few skill players.Wasn't that close. Hamden did drop two passes that could have been big gainers/TD. Hamden QB broke off a big run for score.
Any observations from the game ? How'd X look?

Reaction Score
Any observations from the game ? How'd X look?

To be frank - Boyle looked strong, Berry looked strong. Xavier looked strong - game became a blow-out and I didn't pay that close of attention. I think X could have named the score if not for the Cochran Rule.

No. 1 Xavier 49, Hamden 6: D’Angelo Berry rushed for 207 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Falcons to the SCC Division I West victory at Hamden.

Tim Boyle threw for 119 yards and a TD and Kris Luster caught three passes for 86 yards for Xavier (4-0). Eli Bonadies had a 48-yard scoring run for Hamden (1-3)

Reaction Score
High School Football Polls for 10-9-12

N.H. Register Writers Poll
1.Xavier 2.Staples 3.Hand 4.Ansonia 5.Windsor 6.Greenwich 7.Masuk 8.West Haven 9.Glastonbury 10.Berlin
Others receiving Votes: Southington, Newtown, North Branford, Middletown, Hillhouse, St. Joseph, Norwich Free Academy, North Haven, Fairfield Prep, Trinity Catholic, Farmington, New Canaan, Wolcott, New London, Darien & Hyde

Register Offensive Players of the Week: Hamden Hall Jr. WR Mike Breuler, Haddam-Killingworth Sr. RB Nate Cruz, Hopkins Jr. RB Jim Martino, North Haven Sr. RB Jalon White
Register Defensive Players of the Week: Cheshire So. DB Jack Cunningham, Hillhouse Sr. DB Andre Anderson, Oxford Jr. DB Chris Van Kamerik
Register Special Teams Players of the Week: Amity Jr. K Lyle Luth, Coginchaug Jr. KR Jack Granger, Masuk Sr. KR Andy Fredeen, Valley Regional/Old Lyme Sr. K Ricky Harrison
Register Teams of the Week; Fairfield Warde, Hyde, Newtown, Platt Tech
On the Air: Seymour at Ansonia Thursday 6:30 P.M. 960-WELI, 960WELI.com,iheart radio
Hand at Havier, Friday, 7 P.M.: 960-WELI, 960WELI.com, iheart radio
Register Game of the Week: No.3 Hand at No.1 Xavier, Friday, 7 P.M.

Hartford Courant State Top 10: 1.Xavier, 2.Hand, 3.Ansonia, 4.Staple, 5.Windsor, 6.Greenwich, 7.Glastonbury, 8.West Haven, 9.Berlin, 10.Masuk
Courant Area Top 10: 1.Xavier 2.Hand 3.Windsor 4.Glastonbury 5.Berlin 6.Farmington 7.Middletown 8.Southington 9.Hartford Public 10.Bloomfield

Reaction Score
Would love to make the Hand - Xavier game Friday night... parking is such a nightmare @ Palmer.

Reaction Score
Would love to make the Hand - Xavier game Friday night... parking is such a nightmare @ Palmer.

FYI...@MikePucciNHR: According to ADs at both schools, advance tickets will not be sold for #Hand at #Xavier on Friday. #cthsfb Get them at the gate.

Reaction Score
Any word on how Cheshire Academy is doing? I believe they're 3-0, but is the competition any good?

Reaction Score
Ansonia 47, Seymour 0 Final

Arkeel Newsome's ankle injury kept him out of this game. Saiheed Sanders (2014/6'1, 185) stepped in to fill the void. Sanders ran 9 times for 106 yards, 3 TDs as Ansonia lead 41-0 at the half. Andrew Matos (2013) opened the scoring with an 85 yard punt return for a TD. Jai'Quan McKnight (2015) threw two TD passes, as Ansonia moved to 5-0. Seymour falls to 3-2.

Reaction Score
Kris - you seem to be the Ansonia go to guy. Where's Dobbs? Know he's not on Milford Academy or Temple Roster. Very little out there after the "commit". Assume he wasn't even a partial qualifier?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i was under the impression he grey shirted and needed a year of school before he can get on the field at temple so this would be his grey year right? he can practice tho. thats what i was told not to long ago fwiw....

Reaction Score
Kris - you seem to be the Ansonia go to guy. Where's Dobbs? Know he's not on Milford Academy or Temple Roster. Very little out there after the "commit". Assume he wasn't even a partial qualifier?
He was enrolled at Temple and taking classes. Because he was academically ineligible he was paying his own way in hopes of qualifying. Either way he had to sit out this entire season (grey shirt), so his name wouldn't be on the roster. I did hear rumors he was no longer there, a few months back but that hasn't been confirmed. I'm not as close to the Ansonia news as I was in the past, my schedule doesn't allow it. I still follow them closely, and try to pass on as much info as I can, when I can.

Reaction Score
Ansonia 47, Seymour 0 Final

Arkeel Newsome's ankle injury kept him out of this game. Saiheed Sanders (2014/6'1, 185) stepped in to fill the void. Sanders ran 9 times for 106 yards, 3 TDs as Ansonia lead 41-0 at the half. Andrew Matos (2013) opened the scoring with an 85 yard punt return for a TD. Jai'Quan McKnight (2015) threw two TD passes, as Ansonia moved to 5-0. Seymour falls to 3-2.

Ansonia vs. Seymour (CPTVSports link)

Reaction Score
He was enrolled at Temple and taking classes. Because he was academically ineligible he was paying his own way in hopes of qualifying. Either way he had to sit out this entire season (grey shirt), so his name wouldn't be on the roster. I did hear rumors he was no longer there, a few months back but that hasn't been confirmed. I'm not as close to the Ansonia news as I was in the past, my schedule doesn't allow it. I still follow them closely, and try to pass on as much info as I can, when I can.

Thanks - I had heard the same regarding the possiblilty that he's not there... but agian, rumors. Thx

Reaction Score
Hand 40, Xavier 20

Hand absolutely took this game over in the second half and shredded Xavier's defense . They dominated the time of possession and kept Boyle off the field. UConn-bound Matt Walsh rushed 6 times for only 34 yards but 5 of them were TDs. Bilcheck was 22/30, 271 yds, and a TD, but the star of the game was Kyle Anderson. He was an absolutely stud tonight. He made some huge catches in big spots to keep drives alive. Anderson (2013/6'4, 210) finished with 11 catches, 163 yds. I know he's a baseball player and I can't find any football recruiting info on him, but the kid is an outstanding receiver worthy of a look.

For Xavier, other then the second quarter when Boyle was able to get things going, the offense sputtered. The running game was none existent the entire evening. DeAngelo Berry carried 14 times for 47 yds, TD. Boyle finished 10/24, 145 yds, TD, he also rushed for a TD.

Reaction Score
Hand 40, Xavier 20

Hand absolutely took this game over in the second half and shredded Xavier's defense . They dominated the time of possession and kept Boyle off the field. UConn-bound Matt Walsh rushed 6 times for only 34 yards but 5 of them were TDs. Bilcheck was 22/30, 271 yds, and a TD, but the star of the game was Kyle Anderson. He was an absolutely stud tonight. He made some huge catches in big spots to keep drives alive. Anderson (2013/6'4, 210) finished with 11 catches, 163 yds. I know he's a baseball player and I can't find any football recruiting info on him, but the kid is an outstanding receiver worthy of a look.

For Xavier, other then the second quarter when Boyle was able to get things going, the offense sputtered. The running game was none existent the entire evening. DeAngelo Berry carried 14 times for 47 yds, TD. Boyle finished 10/24, 145 yds, TD, he also rushed for a TD.

Watched most while flipping back and forth to Yankee game. Thought it would be much closer.

pj

Reaction Score
We need some big receivers. I hope the coaches check him out.

Reaction Score
Didn't expect this game to go this way...hand had too many offensive weapons for X and X's offense was hardly on the field in the second half. Seeing the game in person, it was clear it was one in the trenches, some questionable calls for the x coaching staff imo, but I expect them all to bounce back, Anderson is awesome .

Reaction Score
Ansonia vs. Seymour (CPTVSports link)
For those interested, the Ansonia/Seymour game can be seen in it's entirety tomorrow night at 7PM on your local CPTVSports channel. You really only need to watch the first half. Newsome sat this one out, but you can get a look at Matos, McKnight, and the plethora of athletes Ansonia has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom