CT 2012 HS season thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CT 2012 HS season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
has anyone watched southington and more importantly that jr qb they have? got some info for us?

Barmore is a very good player. Good sized kid. Good arm. Good feet. I think he could perform at FBS level but I have heard others who have seen him more say he is more of a U. of New Haven. I don't know...I've seen him and Boyle play and while Boyle is also good, Barmore is as good or better IMO. Sometimes I think the knock on Southington is the whole "he's a product of the offensive system they run". My response to that is that's what they said about Aaron Rodgers too.

If not for Glastonbury not playing for a FG for the win with the ball inside the 10 and 2 minutes to go, Southington would be a one loss team. GHS has a kicker that hadn't missed an extra point all year and that's about what the kick would've been. Instead they throw and it gets picked off with a good return. Barmore took over from there. He's like what they say about Derek Jeter.....nobody thinks he's the best but all he does is make plays when his team needs him to.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Barmore is a very good player. Good sized kid. Good arm. Good feet. I think he could perform at FBS level but I have heard others who have seen him more say he is more of a U. of New Haven. I don't know...I've seen him and Boyle play and while Boyle is also good, Barmore is as good or better IMO. Sometimes I think the knock on Southington is the whole "he's a product of the offensive system they run". My response to that is that's what they said about Aaron Rodgers too.

If not for Glastonbury not playing for a FG for the win with the ball inside the 10 and 2 minutes to go, Southington would be a one loss team. GHS has a kicker that hadn't missed an extra point all year and that's about what the kick would've been. Instead they throw and it gets picked off with a good return. Barmore took over from there. He's like what they say about Derek Jeter.....nobody thinks he's the best but all he does is make plays when his team needs him to.

thanks for the info. barmore has ivy offers already so hes def going d-1 i would think over a unh type. we seem to be after him and marchi(sp?). if he is the real deal then i hope we break thru with him and land him.

Reaction Score
thanks for the info. barmore has ivy offers already so hes def going d-1 i would think over a unh type. we seem to be after him and marchi(sp?). if he is the real deal then i hope we break thru with him and land him.
I've seen Barmore, Boyle, and Marchi. Boyle has a big-time arm, can make every throw, not fleet of foot but can escape if necessary. I don't know what it is, but there is something about him I don't like. He looks the part, but there is something about him that irks me. Barmore doesn't have the arm Boyle has but it's close. Far better athlete though. Has good speed, can escape pressure, can tuck it if he has too. Strong build, very heady. Makes something out of nothing when the play breaks down. Marchi puts up big numbers, no doubt. He plays on a terrible team and most of those stats are against second string defenses. That scares me. He's also on the smallish side. He does have a good arm, but overthrows open receivers often. When he misses it's usually high. That's a bad thing against good secondaries. If I absolutely had to pick one of the three, it would be Boyle. Only because he projects a bigger payoff, if he pans out. I think the others are what they are. Unless we get better in the trenches, and get back to pounding the rock, it won't much matter who's under center.

In order:
1. Boyle, potentially could be Dan O. If he sticks with his BC commit, I could see him transferring elsewhere to finish his career.
2. Barmore, I like his make up and athletic ability.
3. Marchi, preferred walk-on.

Reaction Score
From Mike Pucci (New Haven Register)

Ansonia wins NVL title

Junior Arkeel Newsome rushed 23 times for 222 yards and three touchdowns and he added a 25-yard touchdown reception to lead Ansonia, ranked third in the Register Top 10 Poll, to a 56-26 victory over Woodland in the Naugatuck Valley League championship game Thursday at Municipal Stadium in Waterbury.

Newsome, who scored on touchdown runs of 47, 53 and 15 yards, was named the game's MVP.

Sophomore quarterback Jai'Quan McKnight completed 6 of 7 passes for 144 yards and three touchdowns for the Chargers (10-0), who have won 24 straight games.

Senior Andrew Matos caught a touchdown and ran for one, while senior Raeshaun Finney also had a touchdown reception for Ansonia. Hezekiah Duncan returned an interception 35 yards for the Chargers.

Tanner Kingsley completed 14 of 25 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns for the Hawks (6-3).

Reaction Score
What a mess this is... has a bunch of schools scrambling to recalculate where they stand for play-offs due to redistribution of points.

ciacfb 8:44am via SuperTweetAPI
Westhill has forfeited four victories (Trumbull, Norwalk, Bridgeport Central, Danbury) due to use of ineligible player.

Reaction Score
Looks like the two affected the most are Trinity, who just got lit up last week, and Prep with 3 losses already and a game against West Haven coming up. Sucks I guess but the overall playoff impact isn't that great.

Reaction Score
Looks like the two affected the most are Trinity, who just got lit up last week, and Prep with 3 losses already and a game against West Haven coming up. Sucks I guess but the overall playoff impact isn't that great.

Ridgefield as well... it is what it is.

Can't wait to find out backstory - they are always interesting.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the Newtown Masuk game tomorrow night in Newtown. Any UConn prospects?

Reaction Score

The best player on the field when he got his hands on the ball. Kept him out wide most of the night on crossing patterns mid and short out patterns. Didn't get him the ball much in the second half vs Newtown. Good runner great hands and vision - elusive. However it was Newtown's night. They did everything possible to throw the game away (especially in the red zone) in the first and early second half but kept digging. Good run blocking, second efforts and a few nice receptions. D came up big late in the game. Strange decision late in the game on 4th and short with Milone throwing a short incompletion from the wildcat (!) but there were plenty of calls that you could second guess. The better team won tonight. 21-14

Reaction Score
New town spent a lot of the first have throwing swing passes and trying to get to the edge on runs. In the 2nd they adjusted and took it straight at Masuk with a much more inside running focus. Great adjustment.
Totally agree with HFD. Milone was the best player out there but it was Newtowns night.

Reaction Score
I realize it was pretty cold out there tonight but I'm not HFD. Put down the Cutty Sark.

Reaction Score
http://nhregister.com/articles/2012...50ae6fc4e0308179537353.txt?viewmode=fullstory

CIAC STATE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF PAIRINGS
Published: Thursday, November 22, 2012

Unofficial pairings for CIAC state football playoffs. Pairings approved by CIAC football committee Friday morning.

First round games will be played Tuesday. All games 6:30 p.m.

CLASS LL

West Haven at Staples
Glastonbury at Southington
Greenwich at Xavier
Norwich Free Academy at Newtown

CLASS L

Platt at Hand
Fitch at Windsor
New Canaan at Avon
Middletown at Masuk

CLASS M

Montville at Wolcott
Bullard Havens at Berlin
Weston at Ellington/Somers
St. Joseph at Hillhouse

CLASS S

Prince Tech at Ansonia
Woodland at Capital/Classical/Achievement
Trinity Catholic at North Branford
Hyde at Rocky Hill

Reaction Score
Damn I'm sorry. Was looking at this thing in my phone while still thawing out. Ya got me.

I was thawing out all nite! Hopefully it'll be warmer at the LL soccer final tomorrow am. Go Norwalk!

So what games jump out from the above list? For me Gnch v Xavier is fascinating. Wondering if Newtown is "that good" as well. Curious about whether Trinity can compete vs NB in Class S.

Reaction Score
So what games jump out from the above list? For me Gnch v Xavier is fascinating. Wondering if Newtown is "that good" as well. Curious about whether Trinity can compete vs NB in Class S.
Totally agree, Greenwich/Xavier is intriguing. Newtown lost their best player to injury prior to the Masuk game, NFA has plenty of talent, including RB, Marcus Outlaw. As I said in another post, I like North Branford QB, Brandan Basil. He can take a game over and will be the best player on the field. Trinity has stumbled into the playoffs. Staples/WH could be interesting. Westies have the athletes to play with Staples, but it could be a repeat of their game with X, who blew WH off the field. I think WH will hang for a half....maybe?? I'm also interested in SJ/Hillhouse. I think the winner is the favorite to win the class. SJ is as hot as any team right now. Their QB, Vazzano (2014/6'3, 210) is an outstanding player. Whoever has the ball last could win that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom