Crowd observations of Tulsa game... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Crowd observations of Tulsa game...

Reaction Score
The Giants have a waiting list in the sense they have a list of names.

You can buy a PSL for less than they sold them for initially if you are willing to take the responsibility of buying the tickets for the length of the term.

Patriot tickets are constantly available
at face value.

None of those teams have any impact on UConn attendance.

Zero.
I didn't say they did have an impact on UConn. I was simply pointing out that there are wait lists for 2 of the three teams you said didn't have wait lists for season tickets. And buying one off tickets on the secondary market is not a season ticket and has nothing to do with the Patriots wait list list.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't say they did have an impact on UConn. I was simply pointing out that there are wait lists for 2 of the three teams you said didn't have wait lists for season tickets. And buying one off tickets on the secondary market is not a season ticket and has nothing to do with the Patriots wait list list.

The Giants don’t have a real wait list.

When they put in the PSLs they burned through it and anyone who wants to buy a PSL from someone can do it in two seconds.

Reaction Score
In some people's defense, it was hot on the sunny side. Many were seeking shade.
I get that I sit over there too. But that wasn't the case Saturday, it wasn't THAT hot, and people were just socializing/walking around or in beer lines. One guy got pissed at me when I said excuse me to cut through the beer line that went all the way across the concourse.

Reaction Score
The Giants don’t have a real wait list.

When they put in the PSLs they burned through it and anyone who wants to buy a PSL from someone can do it in two seconds.
I think they are assuming a market that exceeds the number of current Season tickets willing to sell their seats. For instance if there are 100 people on the current PSL sale list and 1000 on the list then the wait list is essentially 900. not unreasonable to think the list of people looking to be season ticket holders exceeds those trying to dump them. But honestly that's about all I care to think about this.
I'm more concerned with why so many people keep making excuses of why they can't show up for the team? You either support it or you don't, everything else to me is a BS excuse. But I can't control them I can only make sure to do my part.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think they are assuming a market that exceeds the number of current Season tickets willing to sell their seats. For instance if there are 100 people on the current PSL sale list and 1000 on the list then the wait list is essentially 900. not unreasonable to think the list of people looking to be season ticket holders exceeds those trying to dump them. But honestly that's about all I care to think about this.
I'm more concerned with why so many people keep making excuses of why they can't show up for the team? You either support it or you don't, everything else to me is a BS excuse. But I can't control them I can only make sure to do my part.

Well then we agree. The excuses are ridiculous. We just have crappy sports ‘fans’ around here. It’s not really more complicated than that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I agree. Fans shouldn’t have to wait in airport security to go to a football game.

Part of what we have to deal with all that is happening around the world. I don't mind a little inconvenience if I am safe and can enjoy the event I am at. This is part of life now and we all rather we like it or not have to deal with it.

Reaction Score
It's not the only factor, but it's a factor. I've posted this a lot but just being able to wake up and wander over would do a lot for student attendance. Agree that AD Dave is doing what he can.

Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, and Rutgers. All Big Ten schools, all on campus stadiums, all have plummeting attendance and students are leading the way. On campus doesn't mean much if you don't win.

We may win and never fill the rent again on a regular basis. Attendance is down in all sports across all levels ( except the NBA I beleive). The in-home experience combined with a populas trained to fear.....everything equals casual fans staying at home. Students have too many options for entertainment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Part of what we have to deal with all that is happening around the world. I don't mind a little inconvenience if I am safe and can enjoy the event I am at. This is part of life now and we all rather we like it or not have to deal with it.

It does not make you any safer. Zero percent safer. Nada. Zilch. Gooseegg. Donut.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have to say that my trip through the metal detector was actually faster than my normal trip through the pat down. I'm surprised it wasn't the case for others, but I did enter the stadium much earlier than most did (~40 minutes ahead of time). I wanted to allow for enough time to hit the Dairy Bar truck with my son, and the espresso crunch ice cream was worth it... ;)

Reaction Score
It's not the only factor, but it's a factor. I've posted this a lot but just being able to wake up and wander over would do a lot for student attendance. Agree that AD Dave is doing what he can.
Having the stadium where it is aids attendance. It is much more accessible than a stadium in Storrs could ever be, especially for New Haven and Fairfield counties. Haven't heard that the stadium is an issue for the students.

Reaction Score
We arrived at gate D just before noon and the line to get in was the longest I had ever seen it. We walked around to gate A and it was even worse. We waited about 15-20 minutes as the line slowly moved. We missed the first 2 series waiting to get in. With a crowd this size, I feel that is unacceptable. When we finally got to the front, I looked back and the line was twice as long as what we waited in. The metal detectors should be faster than the pat down/wand but IMO they took way too long to pass the keys/cell phones around in the trays which I think caused the delay.

I’ll be in South Bend next week for the ND / NC State game at Notre Dame Stadium. We are talking about 85,000+ people passing thru the gates. My daughter is a student there so I’ve been to several ND games in the last few years. I don’t ever remember waiting in a long slow moving line to get thru the gates.

Speaking of fans traveling. She goes to a bunch of basketball and hockey games there. When UConn played at ND for women’s basketball she told me the Joyce Center was filled with UConn fans. She was shocked how many UConn fans were there and she said it felt like a UConn home game. When your team wins, fans show up out of the woodwork.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At 1 minute past kick off there was zero wait at Gate B. Zero.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Worth a reminder that student fees are keeping the freaking program afloat. Millions of dollars.

Oh, but, they don't stick around for the third quarter?
Unless the bursar bills are given out on the early busses , not seeing your point.

Reaction Score
Those were the good times! Back then we were in a real Comference and competing against real competition. Nearly 10 years of being losers both on the field and in the Conf realignment arena has destroyed what we had possibly forever or unless We get out of this crap conference. 1st and 2nd year Students don't care bcuz juniors and seniors don't care because they have been raised in a losing culture and it's easier to just go party than hang out and waste a night watching the horrible producing the field in tha last few years. Sad to see but that's our reality.
Real competition? How about Uconn win more than 3 games a season. It's not like Uconn has been driving up ticket sales for road games.

Win games, play meaningful games, and fans will return. It's not a complex formula.

As for leaving early, that's never going to change. Once the outcome is known, what's the point. I don't get it, but that's the culture. Happens at much bigger venues as well.

Reaction Score
Real competition? How about Uconn win more than 3 games a season. It's not like Uconn has been driving up ticket sales for road games.

Win games, play meaningful games, and fans will return. It's not a complex formula.

As for leaving early, that's never going to change. Once the outcome is known, what's the point. I don't get it, but that's the culture. Happens at much bigger venues as well.

I agree

Just the fact that a "crowd observation" thread is now 7 pages clearly shows its a hot topic...

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We arrived at gate D just before noon and the line to get in was the longest I had ever seen it. We walked around to gate A and it was even worse. We waited about 15-20 minutes as the line slowly moved. We missed the first 2 series waiting to get in. With a crowd this size, I feel that is unacceptable. When we finally got to the front, I looked back and the line was twice as long as what we waited in. The metal detectors should be faster than the pat down/wand but IMO they took way too long to pass the keys/cell phones around in the trays which I think caused the delay.

I’ll be in South Bend next week for the ND / NC State game at Notre Dame Stadium. We are talking about 85,000+ people passing thru the gates. My daughter is a student there so I’ve been to several ND games in the last few years. I don’t ever remember waiting in a long slow moving line to get thru the gates.

Speaking of fans traveling. She goes to a bunch of basketball and hockey games there. When UConn played at ND for women’s basketball she told me the Joyce Center was filled with UConn fans. She was shocked how many UConn fans were there and she said it felt like a UConn home game. When your team wins, fans show up out of the woodwork.

You can't really compare the fandom for UConn women's BB with UConn football. The women's team has a fanbase across the entire country. There are always plenty of front runners that support the best teams.

Reaction Score
Disagree. It will just become the new normal.

No one's said it in this thread yet so I will. The biggest issue is that stadium is a half hour away from campus. It can't be fixed, but it is silly to ignore it. Our student attendance would be dramatically better if the games were on campus and we'd be building the next generation of fans.
Stated another way, the campus is half an hour away from the population center and the stadium.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stated another way, the campus is half an hour away from the population center and the stadium.
Not sure but I suspect that it we really want to playing in the "population center" of Connecticut, then we should be playing in Bridgeport. The bulk of the state's population is in Fairfield County.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Enjoy your afternoon;)

How about a warning next time! Conspiracy Kitty may never be the same:
Shocked-Cat.gif

Reaction Score
The person who comes up with the solution to filling the Rent before kickoff and having the fans stay till the final gun (even when the team is on a win streak) will win the equivalent of a Nobel Prize.

Reaction Score
The person who comes up with the solution to filling the Rent before kickoff and having the fans stay till the final gun (even when the team is on a win streak) will win the equivalent of a Nobel Prize.

I have a suggestion: put that homecoming tailgate in the student section end zone and at least you'll have all the male students in their seats for kickoff.

I'll pm you my mailing address to collect my Nobel Prize ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom