Crowd observations of Tulsa game... | The Boneyard

Crowd observations of Tulsa game...

Reaction Score
It was a great day for football. Tailgate atmosphere was perfect. Blue lot looked close to packed at gametime.
We had surprise visitors-Jay Rose's parents showed up to say hi to some guests at our tailgate.
Going trough the security checkpoint at the stadium entrance went smoothly.
Seemed as though many in the crowd took advantage of sitting on the pressbox side of the stadium to get out of the Sunlight.
You could tell the novices in the crowd as they looked incredulously at those of us starting various cheers between downs. (and who seemed annoyed when we were standing during crucial points of the game)-they will learn.
Overall-great day in Section 103.

Reaction Score
Major pet peeve was seeing the hoards of UConn fans leaving in the third when we were up 20. Plenty of time left and Tulsa can put up points. Even so, with all the losing we’ve seen the last 6 years I would be thrilled to stay the whole time with a comfortable lead. Here’s to hoping!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Major pet peeve was seeing the hoards of UConn fans leaving in the third when we were up 20. Plenty of time left and Tulsa can put up points. Even so, with all the losing we’ve seen the last 6 years I would be thrilled to stay the whole time with a comfortable lead. Here’s to hoping!
My pet peave is the hoards leaving 30 minutes before the game starts!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We were walking in at 11:50 from Aero and one of the people with me asked why hundreds of cars were leaving.

Reaction Score
The student section didn't used to be like that. Will never forget the USF game in '07 when we made that goal line stand at the end. They were going right into the student section and they were making it noisy as anything. And of course there was the Pitt game in '04 when Tyler Palko couldn't stop getting false starts in the shadow of their own endzone because the student section was almost deafening.

Now what the heck? They don't ever stay the whole game no matter what the score is. Do their buses leave early or something?

Reaction Score
The student section didn't used to be like that. Will never forget the USF game in '07 when we made that goal line stand at the end. They were going right into the student section and they were making it noisy as anything. And of course there was the Pitt game in '04 when Tyler Palko couldn't stop getting false starts in the shadow of their own endzone because the student section was almost deafening.

Now what the heck? They don't ever stay the whole game no matter what the score is. Do their buses leave early or something?
Millennials...

Reaction Score

Those were the good times! Back then we were in a real Comference and competing against real competition. Nearly 10 years of being losers both on the field and in the Conf realignment arena has destroyed what we had possibly forever or unless We get out of this crap conference. 1st and 2nd year Students don't care bcuz juniors and seniors don't care because they have been raised in a losing culture and it's easier to just go party than hang out and waste a night watching the horrible producing the field in tha last few years. Sad to see but that's our reality.

Reaction Score
The parking lots before the game definitely made it look like we'd have a bigger crowd than we did.

Hopefully coming off 2 wins and with a night game against an SEC school next week we'll get a bigger and loud crowd, and especially a good student section for once.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In people’s defense they do plenty to keep you from attending. Going through airport security now is another reason to stay home.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As usual I was running late. Got in 2 mins after kick off (didn’t want to be that family - but it keeps happening). We had to walk from deep red lot territory because I misplaced my gray lot pass. What a walk, over a 1/2 mile. If everyone in the damn parking lots actually went to the game maybe we would have had 30k. Disappointing to walk past hundreds of people that clearly had not plans to go in.

I love a drink, have beverages all the time, but there really are too many in the parking lot and walking into that place too sh-tfaced by any reasonable standard. It hurts the atmosphere - and I am not a prude. Have some self respect.

As for the crowd paying attention and leaving early, it is what it is. I’ll grade on a curve that had it been a 4pm game they would not have bailed to this degree. Just too much sun no matter what spf you used.

Overall, I was impressed with the party atmosphere in the lot, just everyone have one less beverage.

I expect arrows on this post.

Reaction Score
In people’s defense they do plenty to keep you from attending. Going through airport security now is another reason to stay home.

Agreed, but it has ALWAYS sucked at The Rent! The worst experience entering a stadium for a FB game I've ever been through, and I've been to about 10 Big Time Stadiums over the years. When I went to ND for our game, they took my ticket and said: "Welcome to Notre Dame!" No full body cavity searches or anything else people deal with at The Rent.

Reaction Score
Ah...the whole "I don't like something so I'm gonna blame Millennials..."

Fun Fact: Current college students aren't Millennials. They're Gen Z.
There are about 20 differing opinions as to what the birth year range is for a Gen Z. Regardless of millennial or Gen Z, they are soft.

Reaction Score
Those were the good times! Back then we were in a real Comference and competing against real competition. Nearly 10 years of being losers both on the field and in the Conf realignment arena has destroyed what we had possibly forever or unless We get out of this crap conference. 1st and 2nd year Students don't care bcuz juniors and seniors don't care because they have been raised in a losing culture and it's easier to just go party than hang out and waste a night watching the horrible producing the field in tha last few years. Sad to see but that's our reality.

It's hard to figure. These are 18-20 year old kids who are only a UConn student for a few years - doubtful they have much perspective or interest in CR or UConn's brief FBS football history, or even the opponent. They live in the moment, and that moment is about partying & socializing and oh by the way, make noise during the football game in front of them that they'll stick around for until they get bored and want to get back to campus.

Sometimes they're good fans, and sometimes you wonder why they even bother to show up.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Slightly OT, has there been a game at the rent where the opponent brought fewer fans? I did not see one Tulsa fan and I sit near the visitor section. Not one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom