Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
we were 3-16 from three.

they were 12 - 24.

They outscored us from the arc 36 to 9. For the math challenged that is 27 points
Worse than that. They were 14-28 for 42 points. So outscored by 33 points from three.

Reaction Score
Not gonna win when the other team shoots that well from 3. Easy to move on from this one
Yes, but tend to disagree with this take… most of those threes were open or missed assignments in the first half. That was bad defense as well.

The only one I remember that was contested was the freshmen in the corner…

Reaction Score
Positive: thought Castle played well tonight other than when he hit the backboard to the side of the rim on a straight on jumper for the 2nd time this season.
He showed some courage going at kalkbrenner several times despite that one block. The travel after the 4min was poor timing though.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It happened, now it is time to move on to this weekend's game against Nova and put this loss behind them. The practices will be brutal if you know Hurley and his staff at all.

I expect this will be the talk of the Boneyard this coming week

Reaction Score
It happened, now it is time to move on to this weekend's game against Nova and put this loss behind them. The practices will be brutal if you know Hurley and his staff at all.

I expect this will be the talk of the Boneyard this coming week
The worst thing happened to Villanova tonight.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he seem to be grimacing in pain especially in the 2nd half. That is concerning.
Hope he’s ok. Didn’t seem to say anything when he went to the bench as the announcers noticed.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure 2 games constitutes a funk. He had 21 and 25 points the 2 games before that. He'll recover. He always does.
Those are against the 2 worst teams. He needs to show up for the big games like last year.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
That could happen in the BE Tournament too. They can shoot. Anything can happen at tourney time.

Raining 3s.
Creighton home court curse
It seemed like we dared Creighton to make open 3's and boy did they. Many of them were uncontested. I'm sure it wasn't a defensive strategy for the Huskies, but it was a disaster nonetheless. Our perimeter defense was really poor tonight but give Creighton credit for making shots.

Reaction Score
Hurley is gonna hammer them at practice this week

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What nonsense: there is no such thing a “mojo.” Bad play created the loss, not whacky superstitious rubbish.
"Everything you know is wrong."
Try poking your third eye.
That'd be great mojo.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Losing the #1 BE regular season title and #1 seed in the BE Tournament has now become a real possibility. I thought we'd win a close game tonight, (although I was very nervous after the amazing win vs Marquette and national adulation that came) and thought our one remaining loss would be at Marquette in a revenge game. Now Marquette could be a loss and we'll need a win at.....gulp.....Providence....to lock up the Big East regular season title and top seed in the BE Tournament. Lots of work left to do....

The math on this is ridiculously wrong.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

"...a bad too far..." is the come on in the tweet you posted without any further comment or context.

If one reads the few dozen Replies, the final one markets the Only Fans page for one of the people chastising Hurley. Makes for an interesting BJ fan, eh?

Who's your audience here?
What are you trying to to stir up?
You really think there's anything here?

Reaction Score
Some bs fouls called on us and some non calls on them early on absolutely killed our momentum early and Ashford went nuts from 3 because Spencer had an absolutely horrendous game defensively and then the heat check became contageous and it was nighty night.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Whaddaya think about this: When college & pro teams travel so far from home, they often come out flat. Long plane rides DO sap your legs & thus your outside shooting too. And apparently, Hurley's mood too.

I think the distance from Omaha, NB to Storrs, CT had something to do with tonight's lacklustre Huskies' away game, as was easily seen with our 3-16 three's stat.

If you want more evidence, check out how badly Creighton & other far away teams have done in Storrs or Hartford. It's revealing. As will all the expanded flat games that will by played in the expanded Big Ten when former Pac-12 teams criss-cross the country.

The University of Hawai sports teams travel father than any other team by far. Their all-time away record no matter their league or the sport, (except volleyball where they always dominate the nationals) is just a 30% winning percentage. At home in Honolulu, they win at least 62% of the time,

So Hawaii knows the huge performance impact that long distance can make on their teams. And they usually go out in early rounds of league or NCAA tournament playoffs because of it.

I think that had a lot to do with tonight's Creighton loss - & well-coached, well stocked, & rested Creighton played really well at home against our travel-fatigued Huskies.

What do you think about this hypothesis?

Father Demo

PS: When I played DIV.1 college ball at NYU in the early 60's, we never won much when we had to go on the road past one or two time zones. Even Coach Lou Rossini didn't torture us much for those long-distance losses. - Father Demo

Reaction Score
Some people thought we were unbeatable. Tonight just proved no team is unbeatable in the game of basketball.
I am overseas 10.5 hours away so I didn't see the game. I am glad I missed it and I won't watch it on replay.

I thought the posts asking if this team is better than last year were ridiculous. That's a question to ask after the NCAAT. Whether we wanted this loss or not, this is humbling and it will be interesting to see how UConn responds.

Reaction Score
I am overseas 10.5 hours away so I didn't see the game. I am glad I missed it and I won't watch it on replay.
Ya this game didn't start until nearly 3 am where I am. In hindsight one of those times I'm happy I picked sleep. Anyway, Hurley will study film like a madman, probably even had stuff to look at on the plane ride back. He even said coaches did a poor job coaching (players did a poor job playing) so no doubt Hurley and staff will have the kids prepped and ready for Nova on Saturday. This was a tough turn around game from Marquette, but there are a few days before Nova.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Last year's team didn't get dusted there.

Last year's team lost a lot more games, lost at home, entered the tournament a four seed. And I absolutely loved them, like I love this year's team.

I'm not knocking, I'm not even trying to compare the two because they're both great albeit different. I'm just mocking a silly analogy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom