Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
To be fair, Ashworth was in Cam's short the whole game and Cam could not get an open look. Whoever guarded AK did the same thing. Advantage Creighton on those two.
Take those two out of the equation, throw in a terrible game for Castle, and foul trouble for DC and it's Newton Island. Valiant effort by him though.

Reaction Score
We were going to lose by 28 and Newton got it down to 10 by himself. He wasn't a part of any problem.
Most of his misses occurred in the 1st half and contributed to thier building their big lead.

Reaction Score
For me? This puts a huge spotlight on our rematch with Seton Hall. Similar approach on D and similar ineffectiveness on the arc especially for Alex and Cam. How we play that game and any future meeting w Creighton will show if that’s really the Achilles heel.
I agree. And the silver lining, if any, is that these games will give UConn the opportunity to figure it out.

Reaction Score
Most of his misses occurred in the 1st half and contributed to thier building their big lead.

Face In Hands GIFs | Tenor

Reaction Score
Losing the #1 BE regular season title and #1 seed in the BE Tournament has now become a real possibility. I thought we'd win a close game tonight, (although I was very nervous after the amazing win vs Marquette and national adulation that came) and thought our one remaining loss would be at Marquette in a revenge game. Now Marquette could be a loss and we'll need a win at.....gulp.....Providence....to lock up the Big East regular season title and top seed in the BE Tournament. Lots of work left to do....
Marquette still needs to play PC and at Creighton though.

Reaction Score
Cam is an elite mid range scorer and had a ton of opportunities to pull up with momentum when they were running him off the line but was too hesitant. When we played them at Gampel Cam and Tristen lit them up from mid range and made them adjust. Overall Creighton probably beats 99.9% of teams shooting like that tonight so learn from it and move on. On to Nova.
Yeah there were a lot of times where he got it coming off a screen with Ashworth on his ass where he had a chance to either take it in for a midrange shot or hoist one and try to draw the foul with Ashworth so close. He was just off.

Reaction Score
From my buddy, "I just saw the first half highlights and the Bombas CEO went full Steph Curry on you guys. You're not going to win that game."

Reaction Score
He played 1 game with no fouls. Back to the usual 2 before the 1st media TO. We better learn to play without him sooner than later.
Yeah but he seem to be grimacing in pain especially in the 2nd half. That is concerning.

Reaction Score
From my buddy, "I just saw the first half highlights and the Bombas CEO went full Steph Curry on you guys. You're not going to win that game."
He's not wrong. Even getting wide open looks, it's not easy for a team to shoot 60% from 3 and keep that up most of the game. Factor in UConn's poor 3 point shooting and you have the anatomy of a loss right there. Just one of those nights. Come back Saturday night and take it to Villanova.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think its worth taking a step back and realizing we're so good that either:

1. You thought it was disappointing to lose to a top-15 team on the road within our conference, not to mention the third game in seven days, halfway across the country, or

2. You thought it was a good thing to lose because we were winning too much

As Aaron Rodgers once said, "R-E-L-A-X." I'm sure the coaching staff will use this as motivation and hopefully the guys realize it won't always be so easy. Only the third loss of the season. Long way to go, and we still firmly control our destiny in terms of the Big East.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn laid a big huge egg tonight after the dominating game this past weekend.

I would rather have this happen tonight than next month.

One thing I noticed once again. When Newton carries the team as he did tonight, UConn, at least this year seems to lose. This tells me that others are not doing the job.

Reaction Score
A++ post.

Losing the #1 BE regular season title and #1 seed in the BE Tournament has now become a real possibility. I thought we'd win a close game tonight, (although I was very nervous after the amazing win vs Marquette and national adulation that came) and thought our one remaining loss would be at Marquette in a revenge game. Now Marquette could be a loss and we'll need a win at.....gulp.....Providence....to lock up the Big East regular season title and top seed in the BE Tournament. Lots of work left to do....
Omg. We are going to have to win conference games to win the title? Who knew.

Is Marquette going undefeated? They were just smashed by their rival who didn’t make 15 3s in the game

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, the post is what caused the loss. Keep telling yourself that
My man, I don't think your post caused the loss. That would be silly.

It most likely caused you some future BY troubles though.

Reaction Score
That could happen in the BE Tournament too. They can shoot. Anything can happen at tourney time.
Anything can, but I doubt they will have another game with that sort of energy to feed off of. This was an everything game for them and their fans tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope the kids are tougher than the fans in here because there is a lot of unnecessary doubt taking place.

The amount of teams that can do what Creighton just did with their roster is pretty small. That list gets smaller due to upsets as you go deeper in the tournament and realistically none of the games will be equal to road conference games.

Perfect storm against us and we couldn’t overcome. They are tough and still a real threat to win it all again Nothing changes

Reaction Score
It's page 8 already but I'm responding to page 1 where 3-4 folks said they made so many 3s. They were open for most of them- that should be the question, why were they so unguarded? And Samson, stop the high hedge!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom