Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think Hurley is already starting to deduct his mins. He just can’t play after the U8. There is a reason why Ben Simmons never sees the 4th QTR
I actually agree with this. Benching him down the stretch was a new move for Hurley that almost worked out if Hawkins gets behind the line.

I think this will be a turning point for Hurley and how he uses Jackson.

Reaction Score
This team will lose these tough road games about nine times out of ten. At some point, we need to start winning them and that day isn’t coming this year.

Just not good at winning…Hawkins disappears, Jackson has no idea what he can do and can’t do and the bench guys are marginal.

Whine all you want - this is what they are.
For all the "it's Hurley's fault the players get tight" narratives, I need to see how he does when the Jackson/Hawkins/Sanogo core moves on.

Sometimes the simple answer is it's the players and their personality. Looking at their demeanor it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for some.

Reaction Score
This season so far is not “blowing it”. This board is so dramatic lmfao
I don’t think we blew it today, more we saw who were we are at on full display, and we are mid-level Big East Team - that’s it.

I like watching us play though - it’s entertaining and the boys give it all they can - no issue with effort. But have moved onto next year, not in the cards this year, sorry to say.

Reaction Score
Newton/Jackson missing in action. Might have been the worst overall game I’ve seen from Jackson. Once again this team loves unforced turnovers

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
For all the "it's Hurley's fault the players get tight" narratives, I need to see how he does when the Jackson/Hawkins/Sanogo core moves on.

Sometimes the simple answer is it's the players and their personality. Looking at their demeanor it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for some.
This is “ Ollie players “ redux with Polley Carlton and Whaley. Doesn’t work. They were hurleys players and so are these. As was Brendan Adams, Jalen Gaffney, Corey Floyd, et al

Reaction Score
Too much Jackson, not enough Alleyne
Where was Karaban's scoring for 95% of game?
Where was Newton's scoring for entire game?
Could have won this game but too many turnovers
Play more Clingan

Reaction Score
This is “ Ollie players “ redux with Polley Carlton and Whaley. Doesn’t work. They were hurleys players and so are these. As was Brendan Adams, Jalen Gaffney, Corey Floyd, et al
Pretty sad take by both of you with 5 games left and the BE tournament after. These should be your last posts of the year then….see you next year.

Reaction Score
Hopefully next year Karaban will learn how to take it to the basket more too

Reaction Score
We just didn’t make shots we normally make. THE END. There really isn’t a deep dive here. We restructured the team with more shooters. And now our ability to make shots determines the outcome of games. We have to make shots.
Shooting, ha what a concept

Reaction Score
I don’t think Jackson is why we lost. He played the exact same way he played against Marquette. The barometer is Tristan Newton. He legit didn’t show up
Na…Jackson played awful. I counted 9 points he gave up on defense from a lack of focus and 4 possessions on offense where he max terrible decisions that lead to Creighton points on the other end

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Pretty sad take by both of you with 5 games left and the BE tournament after. These should be your last posts of the year then….see you next year.
I’m saying that “ different players “ is a dumb argument

Reaction Score
Big kudos to Adama- dude tossed Kalk around like a ragdoll out there once again. Time for Creighton players / nation and Fox studio talking heads to shut down the argument that Kalk is even on par with him, let alone better. It's dead and buried.
Sanogo and Kalk are on the same high level tier, Kalk is a very good player. Sanogo dominated him twice big time and it was easy to see it got into Kalk’s head as he was trying to retaliate by scoring on Sanogo and failed. Kalk took Creighton out of the flow of their offense.

in fact I hope UConn’s opponents trash talk Sanogo even more-it seems to pump him up and make him play better

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I looked up Hawk’s stats in road games vs the top 4 league teams. In those games vs Marquette, PC, X and Creighton he is a combined 13-44 (29%) from the floor including 6-23 (26%) from 3 and a total of 45 points. For a player of his caliber/NBA first rounder that is atrocious. He has anything close to a “normal” game and we probably win 3 of those 4 at least. He’s our best offensive player and has consistently come up way short in big road games

An NBA team would be crazy to draft him in the first round this year. He’s not in the orbit of his hype at times….needs another year, minimum.

I don’t think they necessarily get tight…..they simply just do not have someone who can reliably handle the ball.

For all the galaxy brain crap like, “our power forwards need to shoot threes!”, I would prefer that Hurley think, “hey, a point guard is a good idea. We should get one.”

Reaction Score
My issue with Jackson is that he goes from huge asset to complete liability in the blink of an eye. When he’s playing within his game, he is fantastic. When he plays like he did today, he should be glued to the bench. His defender sagging off is the reason why Newton and Hawkins couldn’t drive to the hoop. There was a constant “QB spy” on them. It’s not worth his defense to completely shutter our offense, especially when Alleyne is just as good a defender. His minutes need to be reduced.

Reaction Score
My issue with Jackson is that he goes from huge asset to complete liability in the blink of an eye. When he’s playing within his game, he is fantastic. When he plays like he did today, he should be glued to the bench. His defender sagging off is the reason why Newton and Hawkins couldn’t drive to the hoop. There was a constant “QB spy” on them. It’s not worth his defense to completely shutter our offense, especially when Alleyne is just as good a defender. His minutes need to be reduced.
He didn’t shoot the last couple games, we played well. He shot this game and we lost. It’s a simple formula. He took the hint the last few games, not sure why he tried to play hero ball today. He and Hurley and the rest of the staff need to have a real talk.

Reaction Score
What if we swapped Akok for AJ and placed Akok at the 4, moving AK to the 3. Bringing AJ off the bench, LOL…

Reaction Score
He was played tight by their guards and when he drove there was always help defense because Scheierman was always near the rim since he was 15 feet off Jackson. I don't think individually Alleyne is significantly better than Jackson but I just feel like the offense will flow so much better with him in there instead.
Thank you that is what I have been saying with my posts, too. Newton definitely could have played better for sure but when he made attempts to drive to the basket he was cut off by AJax’s defender.

Reaction Score
How about this….. The players did not make the plays needed to win down the stretch.

Hurley supposed to run the break for them snd not throw it away for example.

Reaction Score
Newton/Jackson missing in action. Might have been the worst overall game I’ve seen from Jackson. Once again this team loves unforced turnovers
It was brutal but the Xavier game where he thought he was Steph Curry had us so far in the hole we couldn't even dig out of it despite Hawkins having one of the best second halves in UConn history.

Reaction Score
How about this….. The players did not make the plays needed to win down the stretch.

Hurley supposed to run the break for them snd not throw it away for example.
No one is saying anything like that. Andre was unplayable down the stretch. He made the decision to pull him far too late. It is what it is, but he needs to recognize this quicker down the stretch

Reaction Score
I mean if you want to compare today against marquette( and it’s not a fair comparison game plan wise) but here is the difference Newton and Hawkins sucked.

And unfortunately part of the reason for that is because Creighton had an extra player on defense in the middle not having to cover his own man. 6’9” Scheirrman was playing zone himself with the thought he can make a play to double the driver, Sanogo or shooter.

It’s an issue, DH has to figure it out a lot better if he’s going to play this guy that many minutes. But because today he played 30 minutes or whatever we got 56. And once again McDermott wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom