Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The hard hedge will be the death of us. Hurley is just too damn stubborn or he doesn't have much in his bag.
Akoks lack of growth is a major issue. We were supposed to be very deep this year up front. Not gonna complain about who we are but he still puzzles me. Our depth for traditional ball handlers and bugs is weirdly not what we thought we had. Lots wings at wing u though! I’ll keep ‘‘em all.

Reaction Score
Eh. I don’t think this is a good take.
The Big East is better this year. We’re better this year. We should go farther this year.
We have a shot to be a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAs this year. We were a 7 seed last year lol.
With a lottery pick and our first year back.

Reaction Score
It is kind of funny how hurleys biggest win of his career had him sitting in the locker room for more than half the game and then we follow it up with this performance.
The cuse game at msg was pretty big at the time if I recall.

Reaction Score
More entitlement. Why should we be MUCH better than Creighton? 2 years ago we were a middling AAC team. Eventually in the long run yeah, we should be better than Creighton. Some teams give you more headaches than others for a variety of reasons. Marquette probably feels the same about us this year. That's how sports work sometimes.
Because UConn was picked 2nd in the conference, is the most athletic team in the conference, and is a veteran team. Creighton was picked 8th in the conference, is not very athletic, replaced their whole team outside of Kalkrenner and O'Connell, and they didn't have their Big East freshman of the year point guard.

Marquette was picked 9th in the Big East this year.

Reaction Score
Just sayin what? ASU is better than UConn? Then say that.
Exactly. We beat Auburn who beat Kentucky so we are better than both of them but worse than Arizona St. Yeah, that tracks. So soft after a loss..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We just lost to a tournament team on the road. After knocking off multiple quality teams prior. Yet Hurley sucks. We need some perspective. We’re still a really good, flawed team. The same team we were after Nova. Breathe.
Revenge Tour is Revenge Tour. We got everyone else.

Reaction Score
If we're not expecting to beat Creighton on the road without their point guard (freshman of the year in Big East) then there's a bit of a problem. I get that they were playing for their lives to get their tournament bid but that's a team with all new players except for Kalkbrenner and O'Connell. We should all expect to win that game.
And it's not like we played well and lost a hard fought game. We looked like crap. It's a recurring problem.

Reaction Score
Just sayin what? ASU is better than UConn? Then say that.
Nope... ASU is nowhere near as good as UConn, but they were able to beat Creighton, and we were not.... Pretty simple really.... Not supprisingly it went right over your head....

Reaction Score
Bingo. Sanogo stood there just over half court and watched the screen develop. I was waiting for him to scream out to Hawk. Nothing. Players call out screens all the time. Gotta do better to protect your teammate.
I thought he was looking away… but it’s happened before so it isn’t just on Sanogo. We just need a better IQ out there.

Reaction Score
More entitlement. Why should we be MUCH better than Creighton? 2 years ago we were a middling AAC team. Eventually in the long run yeah, we should be better than Creighton. Some teams give you more headaches than others for a variety of reasons. Marquette probably feels the same about us this year. That's how sports work sometimes.

Reaction Score
Because UConn was picked 2nd in the conference, is the most athletic team in the conference, and is a veteran team. Creighton was picked 8th in the conference, is not very athletic, replaced their whole team outside of Kalkrenner and O'Connell, and they didn't have their Big East freshman of the year point guard.

Marquette was picked 9th in the Big East this year.
Who cares who was picked where. These predictions rarely are true to form and even moreso with the transfer portal. That's preseason and then they throw the ball up and start playing games. Providence has a better record than all of them and they weren't picked high. Goes to show you how little they mean so using them as evidence of some kind of failure is flimsy. Athleticism without skill means very little. Our two best players, Cole and Sanogo are not even super athletic.

Reaction Score
Nope... ASU is nowhere near as good as UConn, but they were able to beat Creighton, and we were not.... Pretty simple really.... Not supprisingly it went right over your head....
What does ASU have anything to do with us? Congrats on dropping a random fact in the convo…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom