Creighton post game (merged thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Creighton post game (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The complete ignorance of nuance is mind boggling. It’s Geno’s job to encourage everyone. What is he going to do say “hey Nika, why don’t your join Mir, Poffenberger, Anna etc…” as we spend a 10 game sequence with 7 players during covid. He NEEDS Nika right now because she’s a good back up player. There is nothing wrong with that. Someday she can play in Europe for a while and be a great coach. The WNBA is not happening. And when Paige and Dorka come back Nika will be 7 or 8 in the depth chart again. I get it. You are fans and we all like Nika. I just can’t believe how many people don’t see the obvious.
2Q==.jpg

Reaction Score
Hmm. I thought the beauty of mathematics is that you don't have to spell. :confused:
Well , actually the beauty of math is that there's only one right answer, so that a student saying angle A is complimentary to angle B , unfortunately would see the old red X.

Reaction Score
1--- Spot on post from PVDOGGY earlier. Don’t agree at all with those knocking Nika shooting the hoop and/or those criticizing CDailey for not pulling her. Just a few games ago UCONN beat DePaul in which Nika scored 12 points on 5-8 shooting and 2-4 from 3. SO Dailey is supposed to be clairvoyant and know the game vs DePaul she will hit and then the other games she will miss?

You can’t just pretend the DePaul game didn’t happen at this point in the season.

2—Coco is spot on however. Eventually Nika is going to have to start hitting shots. Shooting is a basic fundamental of basketball. You start to downplay fundamentals, there’s a good chance that you’re going to eventually pay for the flaw.

3--- Good to see Evina actively look for her shot and not just from 3. She has the size to get good shots off.

4—Ducharme is a bulldog - not "a Husky." The term “Husky” is too nice to describe her. Love how she can sometimes low post. She treats smaller players that she is posting in the paint (the house); - to use the phrase – “There’s a mouse in the house.”

Reaction Score
The complete ignorance of nuance is mind boggling. It’s Geno’s job to encourage everyone. What is he going to do say “hey Nika, why don’t your join Mir, Poffenberger, Anna etc…” as we spend a 10 game sequence with 7 players during covid. He NEEDS Nika right now because she’s a good back up player. There is nothing wrong with that. Someday she can play in Europe for a while and be a great coach. The WNBA is not happening. And when Paige and Dorka come back Nika will be 7 or 8 in the depth chart again. I get it. You are fans and we all like Nika. I just can’t believe how many people don’t see the obvious.
Well, this ”mind boggling” ignorant poster wold like to let you know how classless your comment is simply because people disagree with you. But then again, ignorance is something I am sure you are very familiar with. I am sure Auriemma is very impressed with your ability to read his mind though.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Too much picking at individuals on here. It's a team game. Azzi can help the team defensively if put in the right positions. Do you draw it up that Azzi covers a driving guard from the 3 point line to the rim with no help? That happened last night.
She got her hands on some balls last night- blocks and steals- and she IMO is a better rebounder than I ever imagined. If we have to hide her, then that's what the team has to do. Maybe she plays a forward on D. When she starts lighting it up offensively, like 5 3's a night, posts about her D will be crickets.
You are forgetting the South Caroline Game when Azzi had to be pulled from the game because South Carolina was running plays directly at her. That's not me saying that , it was Geno. In fairness that was before anyone knew about her injury. Her defense against Creighton was awful and needs to get better. She is also already being partially hidden in the Providence game UCONN resorted to zone on many possessions. I agree with you that she is not getting enough help but she is not doing enough individually either. :eek: 5 three per game would be fantastic-just not realistic.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Yeah, half the time Nika has been our point guard. Which is even more crazy. I love Nika but if we want to win a NC she needs to be a 5-8 minute per game player. Hopefully we are healthy enough for that to happen. And I'm fine with Azzi stepping into the PG role sharing it with Evina for a while. We need Azzi fully operational asap. If she's healthy, play her. Hopefully when Dorka comes back we can start that process.
Team played it's best when Nike is the point. Not my opinion. Geno's.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Team played it's best when Nike is the point. Not my opinion. Geno's.
:eek:Nike is the goddess of victory. Wouldn't any team with her suiting up at the point be the best? :D

In all seriousness both things can be true: 1) The team played its best when Nika is the point. 2) In order for UCONN to win a championship Nika as the starting Point needs to be play better than she is currently doing.

Wasn't Nika the starting PG last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits